Thrustmaster TX base vs T300 base?

Hi - I'm considering buying the Thrustmaster wheel package that includes the TX base unit, T3PA pedals, and TM Leather 28 GT rim, as this includes my preferred wheel rim and pedals:

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/xbox-one/steering-wheels/tx-racing-wheel-leather-edition.html

I was wondering, though, whether the T300 servo base is any better than the TX base, apart from the obvious differences (1080 degrees steering lock vs 900, PS4 compatibility vs XBox One)? If not, then I think I'd actually prefer the TX base, partially because of the package deal above, but also, although I don't own a console currently, I think I'd rather have XBox One compatibility than PS4 (for Forza etc.)

Thanks, in that case I will probably get the TX, especially as there is a package for this that includes the rim I want (Leather 28 GT) and the T3PA pedals
Not interested in the Alcantara bundle? Also comes with the pedals and a 300mm Alcantara rim. It's a bit bigger than the 280mm Leather one.

Can't go wrong with either really.

Upvote 0
Not interested in the Alcantara bundle? Also comes with the pedals and a 300mm Alcantara rim. It's a bit bigger than the 280mm Leather one.

No, because I have small hands - although the Alcantara rim is bigger, the paddles are in the same place as the smaller rims, so harder to reach. I also prefer leather to Alcantara.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 217114

TX is advertised at 900 wheel, but the wheelstopperd has a 40/50 degrees "stop" so it's actually like 860 degrees. So you need to use wheelsaturation a lot.

T300 is advertised as 1080, but is actually 1030 degrees. But If you use it as 900 in driver-settings it will be the correct 900, because the stoppers are only for 1080-mode.

So your best bet for the "same" internal product is the t300. However, for Worldwide (not Europe) I suggest go Fanatec or Accuforce.

I tried to explain Thrustmaster by mail that this is basically product fraud, but they insisted it was not. So yeah.

Upvote 0
TX is advertised at 900 wheel, but the wheelstopperd has a 40/50 degrees "stop" so it's actually like 860 degrees. So you need to use wheelsaturation a lot.

T300 is advertised as 1080, but is actually 1030 degrees. But If you use it as 900 in driver-settings it will be the correct 900, because the stoppers are only for 1080-mode.

So your best bet for the "same" internal product is the t300. However, for Worldwide (not Europe) I suggest go Fanatec or Accuforce.

I tried to explain Thrustmaster by mail that this is basically product fraud, but they insisted it was not. So yeah.
Your statement is completely false. The whole range is measured and can be used, the soft stop is there to prevent damage by hitting the physical rotation limit hard. You can still rotate it all the way and the driver picks up the motion until the last bit of physical rotation available.

On another note, the Logitech wheels are truly only 860-870, there is no rotation registered over that.

Upvote 0
I would say it´s more correct say TX is 840 though yes it does track to 900 degrees. This bugged me a little until I realized I am never ever hitting that lock. Not even in ETS 2. 900 degrees is more if you want to do a park rather then racing :)

As for TX or T300RS I am lucky enough I love the TX wheel. I just got a TX for backup because my old and trusty TX is showing signs of age. the T300RS rim is more sturdy and offers more damping due to it´s humongous weight some may preferr that feel but the TX rim is livier, countersteer is faster and I experience less clipping with it. Wearing gloves I don´t feel the rubber either so it works for me.

The primary reasoning for a T300RS is that it´s released later and maybe some of the issues of the TX was fixed with it. But they should be fixed for current revisions of TX as well.

Upvote 0
The primary reasoning for a T300RS is that it´s released later and maybe some of the issues of the TX was fixed with it. But they should be fixed for current revisions of TX as well.

Okay, the TX package I'm considering buying, with the Leather 28 GT rim and T3PA pedals was only released Oct 2015, I think, so hopefully the earlier issues with the TX base are fixed for the base in this package.

Upvote 0
Okay, the TX package I'm considering buying, with the Leather 28 GT rim and T3PA pedals was only released Oct 2015, I think, so hopefully the earlier issues with the TX base are fixed for the base in this package.

I just installed my new TX and it works as a charm :). Firmware was not the newest I would update that the first thing I do and then you should be just fine.

Upvote 0
I just installed my new TX and it works as a charm :). Firmware was not the newest I would update that the first thing I do and then you should be just fine.

@Pär Öqvist - did your new TX come with a separate power supply or does the power cable plug direct with a 3 pin plug into the wheelbase? Am just trying to establish whether the newer TX units all come with a separate power supply (which I would prefer - easier to replace) or not? Thanks

Upvote 0
Apologies in advance if this is seen as completely irrelevant, but who uses 900 and 1080 degrees in racing situations? Even in rallying I never use anymore than 500 degrees, and in single seaters the minimum 270 degrees is almost too much.
I believe the T300 base is fairly low noise, judging from youtube vids. I'm on the lookout for a T300 wheel in the near future aswell.

Upvote 0
I own both the T300 and the TX. I am running the 599 rim with T3PA pro pedals. The pro pedals are definitely the better buy. They are more sturdier and if you are using them in F1 mode then you can remove the upper handle and make them as compact as the T3PA pedals. The TX has more force on the XB1 with Project cars then the T300 has on PS4 with project cars. The T300 servo case is smaller because it does not have the kinect pick up. Both are good servos just make sure that the firmware is updated.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing