Thrustmaster TSSH SEQUENTIAL SHIFTER & HANDBRAKE Sparco Mod officially announced

Rennes, January 26, 2018 — After more than two years of questions from the community via social media, Thrustmaster® is proud to finally be able to make the announcement that people have been waiting for: all the thrills of drifting and rally racing are now right at your fingertips, with the TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod. This product is the latest innovative component in Thrustmaster’s ever-growing racing ecosystem, and offers a choice of two different modes: progressive handbrake, and sequential gearbox. The icing on the cake? It’s officially licensed by Sparco®!

A major, groundbreaking development

Painstakingly developed in close collaboration with Sparco®, the brand that defines standards for racing gear, Thrustmaster’s TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is the third product to hit the market as a result of this unique partnership. Its goal is the same as that of its two predecessors: transporting gamers right to the heart of an ultra-realistic racing experience. Hot on the heels of a full racing wheel and an add-on rally wheel, the TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is a versatile new element in Thrustmaster’s racing ecosystem, opening up the following exciting possibilities:

• Progressive handbrake mode, for perfectly-proportioned action; or
• Sequential gearbox mode, for incredibly efficient gear shifting.
• Drifting in GT or rally racing: gamers will love being able to fully explore and master both styles!
• Totally realistic immersion in games and simulations: at 3.3 inches/8.5 cm tall, the handle is a 1:1 scale replica of those in Sparco®’s rally and drifting range.

The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod’s powerful design is based on cutting-edge engineering:
• The unit is rock-solid mechanically, thanks to the use of extremely high-quality materials – 90% of which are crafted of metal, including industrial flat coil springs with 8.8 pounds/4 kg of resistance.
• It allows for both smooth and abrupt braking actions.
• It incorporates Thrustmaster’s award-winning H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology™ for ultimate precision that won’t decrease over time, thanks to a contactless magnetic sensor.

front_tsshandbrakesparcomod.jpg

Infinite possibilities for all driving styles
• The handle’s height is fully adjustable.
• The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod’s handle can also easily be turned 90° for horizontal handbraking in GT mode, in addition to the normal vertical position for rally mode.
• The unit features a handy attachment system for cockpits, thanks to its built-in M6 screw threads.
• Gamers wishing to use the unit in a more common way – such as on a table or desk – will be able to opt for Thrustmaster’s related clamp (sold separately), which can also accommodate a TH8A for a complete setup including a progressive handbrake and a shifter.

thsshandbrakehorizontalmod.jpg

Full PC compatibility
The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod has been specially designed for PC gamers, and is compatible with Windows® 10, 8 and 7. What’s more, although it’s been created with owners of Thrustmaster racing wheels in mind (in particular the T150, TMX, T300 series, TX series, T500 RS, TS-PC RACER, TS-XW RACER and T-GT, all of which are sold separately), it’s perfect for owners of any racing wheel from all other brands as well!

• The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is now available, at a suggested retail price of £239.99/€249.99/$269.99 (taxes included).

tsshandbrakesparcomod_2_position1.jpg

tsshandbrakesparcomod_1_position2.jpg

tsshandbrakesparcomod_2_position3.jpg

tsshandbrakesparcomod_3_position1.jpg

Looks nice and heavy duty to bad i just had a hydraulic handbrake made for me I do have a thrustmaster warthog flight and its an absolute beast.....
Hmmmmmm .
I'll probably cave in one day and buy one

Upvote 0
You should be really good with DIY then... :p
But I partially agree with your post: for the price I prefer too the Heusinkveld handbrake.

IMHO this TM product should have a lower price to be really competitive on the market, especially considering that it's not compatible with the consoles.

Upvote 0
I suppose if you're a Thrustmaster wheel owner already then it does work out. The wheel has paddle shifters for rally (I realise that's not great, but hey it works), so now you use the handbrake mode. For track cars what have a seq shifter, engage seq mode. So 2-in-1 is a fine idea for Thustmaster users, or someone willing to compromise.

However if you already have a seq shifter or handbrake, and you just need the other it wouldn't be best to buy as this hybrid won't be as well perfected as one designed just one job. Can't deny it does looks pretty cool and I'm sure they'll have no problem selling them.

Upvote 0
@Jeremy Ford
The fact is that a TH8A in sequential mode can be connected directly to a TM wheel base (to save an USB port and gain console compatibility), something not possible with this new product (USB only).
Basically the TSSH is unrelated to any previous TM product, so it's in direct competition with all the high end handbrakes and sequential shifters on the market.
The only small benefit for TM users is that it uses the same drivers of the TH8A.

At least the Fanatec handbrake can be used on consoles with a wheel base of the same brand.

Upvote 0
The fact is that a TH8A in sequential mode can be connected directly to a TM wheel base (to save an USB port and gain console compatibility), something not possible with this new product (USB only).
Thanks for that info...I did wonder whether it would be able to be connected to my TS XW wheel base for the Sequential mode...that is disappointing, otherwise I would have ordered 2 of them.

Upvote 0
It seems to be the style of manufacture possibly...Heusinkveld has a similar look as do other manufacturers
Yeah, I was being facetious. With Heusinkveld, Bodnar and other 'boutique' manufacturers the form firmly follows function, entirely governed by the engineering and materials. TM seem to be trying a little too hard to emulate that kind of look, and it looks a little forced. To me, anyway.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I was being facetious. With Heusinkveld, Bodnar and other 'boutique' manufacturers the form firmly follows function, entirely governed by the engineering and materials. TM seem to be trying a little too hard to emulate that kind of look, and it looks a little forced. To me, anyway.

You're probably right. But the style itself does suit real racing cars stripped down function with bolts sticking out and the like. Personally I quite like it's appearance. I already have a handbrake and seq shifter so I won't be buying. However if I was shopping for these types of devices this one wouldn't be at the top of my shopping list. The 2-in-1 function is clever enough but is also cancels itself out for rallying, so you'll need two of them. In which case buying a Heusinkveld handbrake and shifter is cheaper and just superior.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that info...I did wonder whether it would be able to be connected to my TS XW wheel base for the Sequential mode...that is disappointing, otherwise I would have ordered 2 of them.

Maybe it's possible (in my opinion this product shares the same electronic of the TH8A with obviously a different firmware) but the required cable adapter is not included, check the manual here:
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tss-handbrake-sparco-mod_en/

If you have a TH8A and you don't use it connected to the wheel base (for example in H shifter mode on PC-PS4), you could initially buy only one TSSH, test if it works with the TH8A cable adapter (I think that the cable is the same), and then if it works buy another TSSH.
The shipping from TM shop is free spending at least €49.99.

For those wondering about its aesthetic, it's partially inspired by real Sparco products:

Shifter knob
Drifting_gear_knob.jpg

Handbrake knob
Hand_brake_Lever.jpg

Full handbrake
levier-de-frein-a-main-sparco-drifting.jpg

Upvote 0
If you have a TH8A and you don't use it connected to the wheel base (for example in H shifter mode on PC-PS4), you could initially buy only one TSSH, test if it works with the TH8A cable adapter (I think that the cable is the same), and then if it works buy another TSSH.
Yes, I was going to try this when I purchase the 1st one to see if that works.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea