thrustmaster tmx using logitech g27 pedals?

Sorry to rez this old thread but I had the same problem as RasmusP , & it is like you said, I had the logi pedals bolted to a metal rig and when I plugged in the TS PC the pedals didnt register properly then after a few minutes they just failed to register at all! I had no idea about this grounding thing.
Not really sure what I can do now as I tried unbolting the pedals from the rig & they still dont register at all?
We really should have been told about this in the DB9 adapter instructions or on the Thrustmaster website that sells it.
Thanks anyway for shedding some light on what went wrong.

Ouch, I hope that hasn't done permanent damage to the wheelbase :( Do you have the TM pedals to test with?

Yes, there certainly ought to be be a warning on TM's website, and really they should build adequate protection into the wheelbase to prevent damage from any fault in the pedals.

Upvote 0
Ouch, I hope that hasn't done permanent damage to the wheelbase :( Do you have the TM pedals to test with?

Yes, there certainly ought to be be a warning on TM's website, and really they should build adequate protection into the wheelbase to prevent damage from any fault in the pedals.

I ended up buying a Leo Bodnar USB adapter (per your advice) & the TS PC seems to be functioning OK with the logi pedals now. But I have absolutely no idea what damage has occurred as I don't have any TM pedals to test properly. I have a feeling that the T.RJ12 pedal input on the Wheel Base is totally broken now.
What I don't understand is my setup is extremely common. GT Omega Classic stand with bolted on Logitech pedals. So if there is a grounding issue (w/ DB9 + bolted TS PC), how is this not something that was noticed & figured out by Thrustmaster?
This thread seems to be the only place on the internet that has shed some light on why this fault occurs.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I ended up buying a Leo Bodnar USB adapter (per your advice) & the TS PC seems to be functioning OK with the logi pedals now. But I have absolutely no idea what damage has occurred as I don't have any TM pedals to test properly. I have a feeling that the T.RJ12 pedal input on the Wheel Base is totally broken now.
What I don't understand is my setup is extremely common. GT Omega Classic stand with bolted on Logitech pedals. So if there is a grounding issue (w/ DB9 + bolted TS PC), how is this not something that was noticed & figured out by Thrustmaster?
This thread seems to be the only place on the internet that has shed some light on why this fault occurs.
Thanks again.

The most likely bit to be damaged is the power supply for the pedals. I'm not familiar with the internals much, but it may be that the same supply also powers the shifter port.

A few years ago I helped someone on another forum who had been using the adapter setup fine for a while but then got a new rig. It didn't completely short out the power supply and once removed from the rig the pedals worked, so we devised a solution removing the ground connections inside the pedals. Googling for me talking about an adapter "partially grounding" should find it.

But it doesn't really help people to find out 'why' by searching after something has gone wrong or failed :(

Upvote 0
Gnd and + remain the same as when connected to the logitech base? Are they changed places? I use a regular rj12 plug with 6 wires, I filed down the lock.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea