thrustmaster tmx using logitech g27 pedals?

Yes, that Ricmotech adapter will work with your G27 pedals and you will get a bonus of higher pedals resolution. I've been using my old, trusty G27 pedals with T300 base with no problems. Much better then TM T3PA pedals.

Upvote 0
The Leo Bodnad version of the adapter would likely be cheaper for someone from the UK.

There's also an even cheaper option to use the G27 pedals with Thrustmaster wheels - a simple adapter to plug the pedals into Thrustmaster wheel base.

Thrustmaster sell the adapter themselves:

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/db9-pedals-t-rj12-adapter.html

Although they don't list the TMX as a supported wheels, I think it should work anyway (but perhaps check with them just to be sure).

Or you can even build it yourself if you get the necessary connectors, there's no electronics involved, just wiring.

Upvote 0
The Leo Bodnad version of the adapter would likely be cheaper for someone from the UK.

There's also an even cheaper option to use the G27 pedals with Thrustmaster wheels - a simple adapter to plug the pedals into Thrustmaster wheel base.

Thrustmaster sell the adapter themselves:

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/db9-pedals-t-rj12-adapter.html

Although they don't list the TMX as a supported wheels, I think it should work anyway (but perhaps check with them just to be sure).

Or you can even build it yourself if you get the necessary connectors, there's no electronics involved, just wiring.

Not to bring this thread back from the after-life, but Im interested in hearing a bit more about this if you happen to know more.

Im on a G27 right now, but thinking about going to Thrustmaster. Mostly just looking to re-use my pedals if I do make the change.

Im aware of that db9 to rj12 adapter that TM sells, but it doesnt seem to be available in the US, and the one Ricmotech sells in the US is a bit spendy with shipping.

You mentioned building one yourself, and Amazon sells a ton of different db9 to rj12 adapters. Would you happen to know where I can find the pin layout to wire it up properly? Also, most of the adapters Amazon sells, have a female rj12 port. Do you think I could just run a standard rj12 cable from the adapter into the wheel base and would that work?

So far googling isnt turning up much info about doing this yourself :p

Upvote 0
@natedogg1867 It is an RJ12 with an offset key (to the left, looking at the top of the connector), which makes it kinda harder to get, most shops offer just the standard symmetrical RJ12 connector. I expect the adapters, even if the wiring would be compatible (which I kinda doubt to be honest), would also be for the standard RJ12.
I actually made the adapter myself like a week or so ago, but since I couldn't find the offset RJ12 for a reasonable price, I ended up simply removing the original cable from the pedals that came with my T300 - I can always put it back if I need to. And then I simply soldered a DB9 female connector (easy enough to get) to it, wired accordingly. You can find the wiring on the internet, for example here:

http://www.retrovideogames.de/mods-adaptors/adaptorcables/logitech-thrustmaster-adaptor/

But to be perfectly honest, I'd recommend going the Leo Bodnar route, the adapter is great (one of its best features is that it stores the calibration of your pedals, so they're always calibrated the same as soon as you plug them in, which I find handy for my modded brake, as well as a short-calibrated clutch to move the biting point higher) - I only built the RJ12 adapter to be able to play the few titles that don't support multi-controller input, most notably (in my case) the Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo.

Upvote 0
@natedogg1867 It is an RJ12 with an offset key (to the left, looking at the top of the connector), which makes it kinda harder to get, most shops offer just the standard symmetrical RJ12 connector. I expect the adapters, even if the wiring would be compatible (which I kinda doubt to be honest), would also be for the standard RJ12.
I actually made the adapter myself like a week or so ago, but since I couldn't find the offset RJ12 for a reasonable price, I ended up simply removing the original cable from the pedals that came with my T300 - I can always put it back if I need to. And then I simply soldered a DB9 female connector (easy enough to get) to it, wired accordingly. You can find the wiring on the internet, for example here:

http://www.retrovideogames.de/mods-adaptors/adaptorcables/logitech-thrustmaster-adaptor/

But to be perfectly honest, I'd recommend going the Leo Bodnar route, the adapter is great (one of its best features is that it stores the calibration of your pedals, so they're always calibrated the same as soon as you plug them in, which I find handy for my modded brake, as well as a short-calibrated clutch to move the biting point higher) - I only built the RJ12 adapter to be able to play the few titles that don't support multi-controller input, most notably (in my case) the Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo.

Hey Martin, thank you very much for taking the time to reply and for all the info here.

Very useful, and it gives me a lot to think about. That Bodnar adapter sounds pretty fascinating and with the ease of use, that sounds like a very nice solution. I think you may have swayed me to go that direction rather than trying to make my own adapter and that would save me the trouble of trying to source the different parts for it and wire it up.

Appreciate the insight.

Cheers

Upvote 0
So if you don't want to pay for on of these adapters you can cut the RJ12 connector from the crappy thrustmaster pedals and indeed cut the connector from the G27/25(29 also but who would buy that!) then ghetto style connect the wires with electrical tape LOL and yes i did it! And yes it works perfectly!

Whats the Use case for this! well impatience! I didn't wanna wait to have the adapter to be delivered while using the crappy Thrustmaster pedals. Also i missed my clutch pedal! The ricmotech adapter is utterly a ridiculous price for what is a stupidly simple adapter. And the thrustmaster one was only 10bucks but they want a further 10 to send it to me! Now 20 bucks isn't expensive sure. but why bother if i can do it myself ghetto MacGyver style. :D

For those interested in doing the same ill post the wiring color codes.
Thrustmaster RJ12 cable has 6 colors
Blue - Yellow - Green - Red - Brown - White
The Logitech G27 cable has 5 colors
Black - Orange - White - Green - Red

Simply cut the connector off the Thrustmaster pedals and BE SURE TO LEAVE SEVERAL INCHES EXTRA CABLE! That should be obvious.
Do the same with the G27 cable
Strip the wires and replace the connector from the G27 pedals with the connector from the TM pedals according to the color codes below.
It will take about 10 mins.

TM Blue to G27 White
TM Yellow to G27 Orange
TM Green to G27 Green
TM Red to G27 Black
TM Brown and White both connect to G27 Red

Final note! Don't do this! you should buy the Thrustmaster adapter. This is simply a demonstration of what options you have if you don't wanna buy the adapter or you prefer doing these things yourself rather than paying ricmotech for a stupidly over priced adapter. Like $20+postage to connect 5 wires! Like Pffffffft GTF

Upvote 0
Yes, it is easy to do and works fine. The pedals are exactly the same internally (just three 10k pots), only difference is the wiring and connector.
But you should at least take the time to solder it. Nothing like a faulty connection on your pedals in the middle of the race at the least convenient moment.

Upvote 0
Yes, it is easy to do and works fine. The pedals are exactly the same internally (just three 10k pots), only difference is the wiring and connector.
But you should at least take the time to solder it. Nothing like a faulty connection on your pedals in the middle of the race at the least convenient moment.

Yes i know it works perfectly, which is precisely why i posted that "howto"... instead of posting a link to an over priced ricmotech adapter. And don't worry. The connections are sealed up plenty good with tried and tested electrical tape. It's been working fine for decades and still works fine today and nothing is coming undone in a race. And why would it anyway? there is no strain on the connections it's only a wire at the end of the day. Also... should i want to reconnect the connectors to their original devices it's easier than worrying about un-soldering something.

Forgive me for my bluntness. But when i search the net for a workaround to a problem like can i connect my G27 pedals to my Thrustmaster wheel, personally i hate replies that direct me to buy a stupid overpriced adapter. Seems lazy, very lazy to me. I much prefer a suggestion that takes 5 mins has the same result and i can do with a few tools and without a credit card.

That's the reply i provided. What to do and how to do it. in your house instead of through your credit card.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope you guys are right.. I'm off to Jaycar shortly to get the bits.
What if I was to rig the connectors so that the Thrustmaster pedals could still go back into the TM wheel without desoldering etc .i.e. retain the "hard to get telephone fitting with the offset" and have a db plug., thus giving a universality should one set of pedals go pear shaped. I have yet to think it through but it seems do-able..???

Upvote 0
ye mate. you could splice into the G27 pedal cable(keeping it's conncetor) and connect the telephone style jack (RJ12) according to the color codes i posted and i think it would work fine, you would have two connectors on the end of the G27 cable... which would be nice in fairnes. you could go back to the G27 wheel then if you fancied it for something. Not a bad wheel at all. Just to clanky for my liking. However, you will probably need to buy that RJ12 cable. better to do that than cut the Thrustmaster cable. Me however... i fully went muderous cutting of everything. haha. At the end of the day, for me, the thrust master pedals are never gonna be used. Cos they are god awful and as previoously mentioned i was impatient about getting the G27 pedals working. So... that's just me! i don't recommend anyone ever copy my style in anything ever! :D

Upvote 0
I hope you guys are right.. I'm off to Jaycar shortly to get the bits.
What if I was to rig the connectors so that the Thrustmaster pedals could still go back into the TM wheel without desoldering etc .i.e. retain the "hard to get telephone fitting with the offset" and have a db plug., thus giving a universality should one set of pedals go pear shaped. I have yet to think it through but it seems do-able..???
Also! if you have any issues let me know, i'll try and help best i can.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
I've received my TS-PC Racer and the adapter for my G27 pedals but the pedals are dead the first 20% and the maximum they reach in the TM software are about 20% too.
Seems like completely wrong resistances and like the signal of the pedals would need to be amplified x4.
Anybody has any experience with this or any idea about what I could do?
Not really fancying to spend 35€ on a Bordnar Adapter. Would've liked to stick with one USB port too :(

Upvote 0
I believe that at least on a T300, the pedals auto-calibrate after you connect them based on the minimum and maximum input provided I believe. But you've probably tried that already.

Upvote 0
I believe that at least on a T300, the pedals auto-calibrate after you connect them based on the minimum and maximum input provided I believe. But you've probably tried that already.
Yep tried everything that I could find. There's no real calibration. I pressed the throttle to 100% and then plugged it back in, let it do its thing, went into the control panel released the throttle and pressed it a few times. No signal at all this time.
So they calibrate in some way but I'd need some "negative calibration"...
Anyway, wheel is a bit faulty anyway it seems. Massive coil whine (unbearable when the fans shut off after a minute not actively driving) and the rim makes cracking noises during cornering (and nope, I didn't push/pull/flex the rim...).

Replacement will arrive next week as it seems. Will try again then. There's always the Bodnar adapter for 37€ though... Or just let the dead g27 plugged in for the pedals :p

Upvote 0
There's always the Bodnar adapter for 37€ though... Or just let the dead g27 plugged in for the pedals :p

Rasmus, I use my G27 pedals through the Bodnar adapter and it works fine. I can even use DiView to fine tune responses if needed.
I realize you want to avoid it if possible, but just wanted to reassure you it works great.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back