Thin flickering white lines across track @ Eau Rouge

Tobbe Bergman

@Simberia
Am I really the only one who get thin flickering white lines @ Eau Rouge ?

This is also happening at the end of the long straight @ Nordshleife.

The strange thing is that it disappears completely when using cockpit view :confused:

Also when I get closer the lines disappears gradually.

Please view @ 1080P -60FPS

Nordschleife after the Bilstein Bridge

Last edited by a moderator:
I would expect most people to be running cockpit view which is why we don't get it.

You should raise the issue on the AC forum though and specify on non-cockpit views you get the flicker. It is definitely a problem that needs fixing.

Edit: didn't read your post properly, re-worded mine :)

I would expect most people to be running cockpit view which is why we don't get it.

You should raise the issue on the AC forum though and specify on non-cockpit views you get the flicker. It is definitely a problem that needs fixing.

Edit: didn't read your post properly, re-worded mine :)

I'm allergic to the AC forum :thumbsdown: but I have posted a vid there also but it did not get any attention !

It's obviously AC related and has nothing to do with graphic settings, cables or monitors.

Don't think there is anything I can do on my side to get rid of it !

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really white, it's lack of black - the 'rubbered in' is clipping under the track and disappearing, at least on the road. I haven't noticed it elsewhere though (and since I usually run low level of track grip, it's not much noticeable on the road either).

It's not really white, it's lack of black - the 'rubbered in' is clipping under the track and disappearing, at least on the road. I haven't noticed it elsewhere though (and since I usually run low level of track grip, it's not much noticeable on the road either).

I wonder how you came to that conclusion ?

Check Nordschleife after the Bilstein bridge where you see the same type of white lines.

Did you ask about this in the latest "look what the cat hacked"? Someone mentioned it during the questions.
Not sure if it's the bit rate of the videos or the fact I'm looking at them on an iPad but I'm struggling to see the lines in your video and I've not noticed them while playing, but I'm also using cockpit view.

Did you ask about this in the latest "look what the cat hacked"? Someone mentioned it during the questions.
Not sure if it's the bit rate of the videos or the fact I'm looking at them on an iPad but I'm struggling to see the lines in your video and I've not noticed them while playing, but I'm also using cockpit view.

I've talked to a few other people who also has observed this problem but most of them ignore it because they are using the cockpit view.

I prefer the bonnet view though.

IMHO it looks like a freaking Pinball game especially @ Eau Rouge with all those thin lines flickering away across the track.

You need to view the vid @ 1080P & 60FPS in order to see the problem.

Went in game and looked for it, since it's not something I've noticed before.

I don't see what these white lines has got to do with track grip or what you call 'rubbered in' ?

As you get closer to these lines they all disappear !

According to Kunos Stefano Twitter he don't seem to care at all for this problem.

I wish all views could be as pretty as the cockpit view but sadly they are not.

This problem surely has something to do with the different views because using cockpit view the problem is gone.

What worries me more than anything else is the fact that if the majority does not share the same view of a problem like this, nothing is going to change for the minority.

That would most certainly put the true PC Sim racers in the back seat when Kunos release the console version.

I never noticed until now... cockpit view user. They only disapear in cockpit view and is strange, I got them no matter visual configuration I use.

You should post on official forum, no excuses, just do it.

I don't see what these white lines has got to do with track grip or what you call 'rubbered in' ?
0kC3nHM.jpg

The rubber on the track is what's flickering, the 'white' is just 'no rubber on the tarmac'

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back