F1 2011 The worst ffb of any racing game I've played

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
F1 2011's ffb is terrible.
I've followed a million threads on ffb advice and it still feels awful.
There is this centering force and a notch at the centre of the wheel that makes it so annoying.
I've turned down ffb but that notchy return to centre ffb is still there.

I'm used to iracing,Netkar pro and even old sims like GPL or even GP4.
All of them have vastly better ffb.

F1 2011 have nailed the graphics but I can not play this sim with my wheel (g27).

It's a better game with a gamepad.

The FFB actually is designed for a gamepad.

The FFB is way too strong and mushy with that return to centre notch that drives me nuts and I reckon alot of people who report broken wheels,well it's because of this game.

Hope Codies fix the FFB in F1 2012.

I enjoy the game very much(with a gamepad).

Strange I'm right on the opposite. No I don't like it at all but I feel the wheel too lose, not strong. I've played Race 07 and GSC and there the FFB is way stronger and the feel is very good. In F1 2011 I just can't feel anything. The wheel turns too easy and it's like it's turning right or left automatically with minimum force.

May be its because F1 2011 is the first & only game that i play with wheel so far so i didnt feel anything wrong with it, i do feel weight & feedback from the wheel according to what am doing on the road & the wheel can be extremely hard to turn if i set the weight too high.

Trust me it's ordinary, try GSC 2012, rf2, netkar pro, FVA, GTR Evo....and from memory, Dirt2 had very good FFB, Dirt3 was okay, but a very arcade driving model.

I not so sure about that, my logitech driving force is ok, the wheel can be very light & no feedback or extreme heavy and lot of feedback depend on how i set them . May be I try it with some other game next time if i have those game :)

I not so sure about that, my logitech driving force is ok, the wheel can be very light & no feedback or extreme heavy and lot of feedback depend on how i set them . May be I try it with some other game next time if i have those game :)

I have a DFGT and G27, I thought DFGT was ok when I first got it, now I think it's a joke by every criteria except buttons.
G27 is a significant upgrade over DFP/DFGT, and the extra precision of a G27 allows you to go faster, which allows you to access the heavier FFB near the limit.

I dont get it, The FFB with my g27 nearly snaps my wrist off when the back kicks out and i have to turn it down to 50% and weight to 40 as its too powerfull.

i adjust in devices > g27 > profiles ect.
I got G27 three weeks ago and i can't play with out the 100% FFB it felt like there is nothing to Hold And turning is way too easy and Driving with 100% gave me lot more Idea of Turning the wheel

ok but where are you changing the settings.......dont want to sound stupid but did you upload the latest drivers.

seriously my setting will break your wrist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine Driving Force as well. It super heavy & almost impossible to turn with high enough speed if i set my wheel weight to 100% and the wheel will shake like hell if i run into sand or rough surface for higher ffb setting .. :cool:

If you set your FFB too high you may experience FFB "clipping" where you're only actually feeling a small amount of the range of the FFB signal.

Check this thread out.

My in game setting for environmental effects 20% - feedback strength 50% - wheel weight 20% & i feel really all right with them ... never go 100% so not sure how it would be :)

photo.php
hey

i cant post a pic of my setting ?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1115915438109.497830.754293108&type=3&theater

@Kartik Sri Harsha:

It is my opinion that your FFB is not just down to your game settings, but a COMBINATION of your game settings PLUS your profiler settings.

For example, I'm using a Logitech G25 base, so I have these settings for my G25 profiler:
Profilersettings.jpg

These work in combination with the ingame settings:
F12011settings.jpg

I got these settings from someone else, and when I first used them I thought they were a bit light, but once the car gets up to speed I can feel the grip pretty good alright. I use a much smaller wheel rim than the standard G25, so these settings may be a bit light if using a standard G25 wheel. But I personally prefer "feel" to brute strength, so am happy with a light wheel.

I use the 2% braking deadzone so I can feel the turbulance of the car in front. I know that sounds odd, but without it I don't get wind buffeting effect. Go figure.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.