The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Let's put it that way: It's Garrys hobby to create free content for an audience that is pretty ungrateful at times, while it is Rays hobby to write posts, complaining about someone elses hobby to create free content for an audience that is pretty ungrateful. If I had to choose, which of the above is a waste then I would have a clear tendency.

And to be honest, Honda is spending quite a lot of resources on some kind of a lawnmower that is pretty average as an race car IRL, so I guess the simulation value is high with this one.
Looking forwart to push this like an animal :D

Let's put it that way: It's Garrys hobby to create free content for an audience that is pretty ungrateful at times, while it is Rays hobby to write posts, complaining about someone elses hobby to create free content for an audience that is pretty ungrateful. If I had to choose, which of the above is a waste then I would have a clear tendency.

And to be honest, Honda is spending quite a lot of resources on some kind of a lawnmower that is pretty average as an race car IRL, so I guess the simulation value is high with this one.
Looking forwart to push this like an animal :D
Lawnmower racing is massive in the US :D:D

@garyjpaterson

Kimi Räikkönen approves of your mod! :cool:

Kimi.jpg

:)

@garyjpaterson

Kimi Räikkönen approves of your mod! :cool:

View attachment 185999

:)
Check out the caster angle on Brundles machine! Had to do something similar for the Honda - its so light that with a 'normal' caster angle (or at least what I'm used to for road cars) FFB was virtually non-existant even cranked up.

Did a bit of googling about gokart Caster/KPI angles and found they are quite high, and sure enough it all comes together ingame.

Great! Looking forward to a round of lawn mowing... ;)

Haha, in order for it to classify for the fastest lawn mower record for Guinness, it actually still had to be able to cut grass!
Obviously all the belts and transmission that would normally turn the blades were removed for the motorbike engine/transmission, so instead it just has two electric motors that spin a few bits of brake wire(!) at 4000rpm! Works a treat, just like a big strimmer!

Anyway, now I have less fear of being accused of wasting my time, I'll show how the main body is looking so far. Pretty tricky working to a deadline, trying to figure out what is the priority!

0ELJeilh.jpg

Jano1nJh.jpg

Obviously is a real racing car; it has louvres... :D

Haha, in order for it to classify for the fastest lawn mower record for Guinness, it actually still had to be able to cut grass!
Obviously all the belts and transmission that would normally turn the blades were removed for the motorbike engine/transmission, so instead it just has two electric motors that spin a few bits of brake wire(!) at 4000rpm! Works a treat, just like a big strimmer!

Anyway, now I have less fear of being accused of wasting my time, I'll show how the main body is looking so far. Pretty tricky working to a deadline, trying to figure out what is the priority!

0ELJeilh.jpg

Jano1nJh.jpg

Looks awesome man :D

0ELJeilh.jpg

Jano1nJh.jpg

It is red and it have a Honda engine. So what can go wrong :whistling:

No big changes been doing alot of mesh cleaning according to some friends advices and examples

Wheels are a bit heavy (8.5k each) but according to gary its not a big problem
the body is around 35k tris (went from 100k+)

w52XOIk.png

UURuzj4.png
Lovely Work Man :)
8.5K Is not too high , I always aim for 6k max , maybe 6500 at a push ,
Love the optimizing on the chassis really clean and nice closed loops :)

Well if that's how you waste your time Gary, I suggest you keep doing it!! lol
How cool it'll be to drive that thing in a simulator like AC! still I would like to see your efforts focus on a single project until finished and then move on to another (I know you won't take that comment the wrong way).

@Modek that M3 keeps looking better and better, such a great car deserves to have that much dedication to it.

Reactions: CC
Well if that's how you waste your time Gary, I suggest you keep doing it!! lol
How cool it'll be to drive that thing in a simulator like AC! still I would like to see your efforts focus on a single project until finished and then move on to another (I know you won't take that comment the wrong way).

Yeah, I know :whistling: I'm far better at starting projects than finishing them, and I have a list about as long as my arm of stuff I'd like to do... But that's why I'm limiting myself to just this (long) weekend for this one, after than its done (no matter the state of completion). Just a fun side project :D

Its pretty wild to drive though, that short wheelbase can be snappy :confused:

Couple of action shots - seriously big power to weight ratio, super stiff chassis (no suspension!) and short wheelbase make it very tricky to master.

Thats the full size Kunos driver, will probably have a go at making him 5-10% shorter to try and minimise the elbow-knee clipping :D

Vq68eRzh.jpg

X1MIFqGh.jpg

L3Utltnh.jpg

Need to finish up the bodywork and tie it all together, texture plus tyres, then spend the remaining time on filling the holes with mechanical bits till the deadline :thumbsup:

Couple of action shots - seriously big power to weight ratio, super stiff chassis (no suspension!) and short wheelbase make it very tricky to master.

Thats the full size Kunos driver, will probably have a go at making him 5-10% shorter to try and minimise the elbow-knee clipping :D

Vq68eRzh.jpg

X1MIFqGh.jpg

L3Utltnh.jpg

Need to finish up the bodywork and tie it all together, texture plus tyres, then spend the remaining time on filling the holes with mechanical bits till the deadline :thumbsup:
Looks awesome. :D

Vq68eRzh.jpg

X1MIFqGh.jpg

L3Utltnh.jpg

In honor of our fallen hero....

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 34 13.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 32.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 147 57.9%