The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Does the truck produce lap times comparable to another car in AC?
It's faster in a straight line than the NA MX5 but quite a bit slower in corners. So on some circuits they're similar but generally the MX5 has better laptimes.

Stair version's similar to base model Abarth 595 SS, again better acceleration and worse cornering.

Last edited:
It's faster in a straight line than the NA MX5 but quite a bit slower in corners. So on some circuits they're similar but generally the MX5 has better laptimes.

Stair version's similar to base model Abarth 595 SS, again better acceleration and worse cornering.

Lol, sounding quicker than the Transit then. What sort of power does this thing make?

I cheated a bit on power cause I couldn't find anyone dynoing the particular model I wanted, so it's the same block out of an unknown other Ford (probably early 70s Thunderbird, who puts a 7.5L in a coupe though seriously). It's a bit over 210whp, 300 tq.

gdt.226.jpg

gdt.227.jpg

gdt.228.jpg

so guys i need help

Yesterday i've learned how to make tires ....its all good... but theres a problem wich is the tris count

i made a tire with 32 sections (i can do more sections its no problem) but the more i add the numbers increase like a ton

what am i missing in this "tire subject"...

eq2ncCM.png

a9vtwVZ.png

Last edited:
so guys i need help

Yesterday i've learned how ot make tires .... but theres a problem wich is the tris count

i made a tire with 32 sections (i can do more sections its no problem) but the more i add the numbers increase like a ton

what am i missing in this "tire subject"...

eq2ncCM.png

A2tIHWu.png

You'll need to make 'low poly' versions, without any tread and make use of normal maps and textures to show the tread. I'm sure you can use those high poly tyres to make those textures, although its beyond my abilities at this point. :)

@movo. I think you use too much perimeter edges around the seal, you can have a very good look with two times less. Also, I think, you can just make the seal a separate object, but I'm not sure if it would be more comfortable. But seals are not seamlessly connected to the cars IRL.

While you might get away with less edge loops, the classic 911 trim has a lot of detail in them. So if the budget allows I'd keep them :)
The corner does indeed look too sharp. It's smeared out almost twice as large IRL.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 494 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 303 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 327 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 157 21.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 27.1%
Back