The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Still needs a bit of work, I'm trying to make my first car something to be proud of :)
Hope to be ready and released in a few days !

preview.jpg

Great ! but don't you feel the driver is a bit too small compared to the car ?
I understand your feeling, maybe due to the picture's angle.

I compared it with other cars of the era (right here, the Jag XJ-13 and the Ford GT roadster, both open top so we can see clearly the driver) and he feels a bit smaller yes, but I don't think it's shocking from this point of view.

size comparaison.jpg

It should be especially visible for a VR user. I'm not myself, but I will seek the feedback of VR users before release about that.
Thanks for the feedback ;)

I don't know if I can do that, apologize if not, because technically I don't work on it "anymore", but see it as a burst of pride for my first homemade car :

Next project should be an Iso Grifo 1970. Outside 3D is done, interior 3D is still in the process... See ya in due time! ;)

Okay so, a bit of an update.

My post on RD has been deleted, the car can't be download at the moment. The only message I received is this :

"Your resource De Tomaso P70 was deleted.Reason: Reusing Kunos' assets is not allowed as per our TOS and Kunos himself."

So, 2 things come to my mind.
The first one being : how a mod is suppose to work if it cannot re-use the base content at all ? Modifying the base content is the WHOLE POINT of modding, in case you missed it. When you make dummies referencing as wheels, you're re-using the engine language to communicate between the game and the user that this is the wheel. You always have to re-use base content to mod.

Second thing : I have been pretty clear in my post, that I used parts from the Cobra and the GT40 as REFERENCES, for ACCURACY. It's not like I reverse-engineer'd something to sell it elsewhere, I just took advantage of the already available content to help me make a better one than if I did without. Also... If I didn't said anything, nobody would have bat an eye and the post wouldn't had any trouble, right ? Beside, people have eyes, actually. I can find a loooot of Kunos content in available stuff in the download section. Guess they just didn't had the honesty to said it :)

This website has become an absolute joke.

If someone is looking for my work, it will be on GTPlanet, because I probably wont post anything here anymore.

Godspeed, Y'all!

A quick Pescara 1957 update for you all. :) I've planted thousands of trees around, my scene in Max is now creaking and crashing, so I will need to do something about that. I've found a few late reference photos for buildings that I have since built, I'll leave you a few pictures. My next update (when it comes) will be an onboard lap of the circuit.
View attachment 728323

View attachment 728324

View attachment 728325

View attachment 728326

Wow, that makes a world of difference to how far along the progress looks, thank you! And all those trees should offset the carbon I'll be emitting from driving some dirty V8 around there when it's released.

[/QUOTE]

Always love this site, so much detail of the car's evolution. The team there provided some data for another mod that should surface later this year (not the T33/2 hinted above).

Last edited:
Okay so, a bit of an update.

My post on RD has been deleted, the car can't be download at the moment. The only message I received is this :

"Your resource De Tomaso P70 was deleted.Reason: Reusing Kunos' assets is not allowed as per our TOS and Kunos himself."

So, 2 things come to my mind.
The first one being : how a mod is suppose to work if it cannot re-use the base content at all ? Modifying the base content is the WHOLE POINT of modding, in case you missed it. When you make dummies referencing as wheels, you're re-using the engine language to communicate between the game and the user that this is the wheel. You always have to re-use base content to mod.

Second thing : I have been pretty clear in my post, that I used parts from the Cobra and the GT40 as REFERENCES, for ACCURACY. It's not like I reverse-engineer'd something to sell it elsewhere, I just took advantage of the already available content to help me make a better one than if I did without. Also... If I didn't said anything, nobody would have bat an eye and the post wouldn't had any trouble, right ? Beside, people have eyes, actually. I can find a loooot of Kunos content in available stuff in the download section. Guess they just didn't had the honesty to said it :)

This website has become an absolute joke.

If someone is looking for my work, it will be on GTPlanet, because I probably wont post anything here anymore.

Godspeed, Y'all!
Not surprised; A Fiat 126P Rally Car got taken down for using Abarth 595 Suspension Geometry even though the 126P used a lot of components from the preceding Fiat 500, and now the car's only available through more dubious sources.

Made some more textures for lights and fixed some issues. Not sure why I'm playing with the config instead of getting the interior in-game but wait, let me cook...

reZ3qKM.png

pz9wRSu.png
8qIyie9.png

fQS6lFw.png

avkm0uw.png
This looks absolutely insane! Been waiting for a proper RX8 mod for a while, so I'm really excited. I hope it will work on vanilla AC though as well. What specs are you planning on making?

Not surprised; A Fiat 126P Rally Car got taken down for using Abarth 595 Suspension Geometry even though the 126P used a lot of components from the preceding Fiat 500, and now the car's only available through more dubious sources.
I used Kunos model for the engine of the Ford GT40 because the P70 is equiped with litterally the same engine from the same manufacturer, by the same person !

Alright, I'm guilty, I also used it for the suspension meshes (modified, to make it lighter on polycount and not animated because i'm bad at this) because it's the same geometry but I don't know for the manufacturing, and for the rear lights. Look at it on real picture and tell me they are not the literal same. Go ahead. Hint : They are.

And still. I'm using content from the game to be used in... the game. Which is a thing commonly called "modding". It's not for another game, it's not for re-sell, it's for the exact same game that I paid for to play with.

Is that what the modding community is about nowadays ? Patreon paywalls and conversions from other sources are okay but not the use of the base-game content, which is, well... The game ?

Wow.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 177 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 122 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 26.7%
Back