The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Who wanted to beta test Barber Motorsports Park? Got some fresh new kerbs installed.

[edit] How the heck do you add more than one participant to a conversation?
You can't when you're not a Premium member I think. Same problem here, sending out betas to ~5 conversations

I am beginning to ramp up on Copenhagen Historic GrandPrix Fælledparken 2011/2012.

I have stiched together an Ortho photo from 2012. Exported as a jpg is 29 MB. This version is reduced to 1000 kb.

Fælledparken luft.jpg

LIDAR mesh is ready for reduction. Startingpoint is 4604605 triangles, so there is a way to go yet.

4604605 tris.png

Some parts of Nisseringen is sliding along, at a good pace, while others have hit a brick wall.
More on that in its own thread.

Jagged edges 1.jpg

I am also preparing for a car, that I hope to build. I am waiting for and hoping, that I will get permission from the creators of the IRL car. Until then, “I will say no more, nudge, nudge”

Happy modding

There we go - not the cleanest of laps, but you get a sense of where its at now.

Bear in mind this is just an early version of Modek's SFX - he's already sent me a newer version since recording that video... :confused::D But personally, I think he's nailed the sound completely - only lacking it little oomph in the interior.

Spent the weekend on the LOD B... not sure I'll make the 25k target, but will be better than 200k+ :roflmao:

Its very frustrating, but also strangely satisfying. Being able to remove some polys and watch that tricount come down is almost addictive.

I don't think a having the wheel covers helps - its like having 8 wheels. In total I'm down to under 60k now, still have to do a lot of the detailed interior bits, but sort of thinking 40k might be the limit for the LOD B.

LOD C should come down a lot, since the wheels are almost invisible, interior, and gearbox too. Its a lot of work for something almost no one will notice, but having smooth races should prove worthwhile :)

Must be magic wires that connect to the mirror/camera...

Its primary use is as a rearview, thus the wireless camera feed and windshield mount. But it also has an accelerometer inside and the ability to log data. For this purpose it's detachable - an integrated USB connector not only provides an output for the logs but also the means to charge the battery. :p

Its primary use is as a rearview, thus the wireless camera feed and windshield mount. But it also has an accelerometer inside and the ability to log data. For this purpose it's detachable - an integrated USB connector not only provides an output for the logs but also the means to charge the battery. :p
Sorry officer I couldn't see you as my mirror batteries went dead while I was data logging my top speed run that you are pulling me over for...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.