The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Nice ! It really does show things, will have to check it tomorow :) Is there any chance that lidar data could be skewed a little too ? I guess it depends on how it was captured, from what height, and angle of scan is also impertant, I suppose, I don't know what angle those lidar scanners can reach, I'd expect it is not very big angle.
There is a certain margin of error with anything but it shouldn't be skewed really. What makes you think there is a skew to it?

fictional Hope RaceTrack, I believe the track will be finished soooon :)))))

more preview ss@ http://lemaxsimracing.com/assettocorsa/hope
409.jpg
408.jpg
407.jpg
406.jpg
405.jpg
404.jpg
403.jpg
402.jpg
401.jpg
400.jpg

There is a certain margin of error with anything but it shouldn't be skewed really. What makes you think there is a skew to it?

I remember that I just had this thought as I have tried it first time in game, without tweaking deatils using fragments from GE. Few places felt really off, but among them were two curves with tarmac runoffs.... so I understandably just confused it wit hthe track, probably. I don't really remember, I'll check the intensity map tomorrow, and it should be clear. Most likely I have just done few mistakes when interpreting the data mesh, without any reliable method, just simply by eye.

Would it be possible for modders who post pics of their projects to state when it is a conversion, rather than scratch built? It can be kind of misleading... :(
Do you mean the Hope Racetrack by Lemax?
Well he created the track for rF1 so it's basically scratch made.
I also remember the track from rF1 (loved it back then) and it didn't look nearly as good as in the screenshots above so he rebuild the track heavily which shows that it's not a plain conversion from rF1 to AC.

So I'm merging, and merging, and merging, and merging, and merg x 10000000000 times
bMYUGF2.jpg
You do know that the "Delete Duplicates" in the Vert menu has a radius option, do you? Maybe you can mark like a kilometre of that track border and play around with that parameter until its reduced enough. I found that option while importing CAD based mesh.

Thanks @AccAkut :) It helps. I knew that function, actually found out about it not too long ago. But somehow didn't though to apply it here. It works really well. Pressing T selecting "Remove Doubles" and adjusting radius, works nicely, still have to do some merging to clean here and there, but work flow improved quite abit :)

But I can not spend much time on anything else, as I am working on this circuit, now it is a 3rd week. And I have to apologise for showing this, because it is not going to be released. It is temporary Palanga 1000km endurance race track, it is really nice for hotlaps
kD1JTlf.jpg

Can't wait to apply new things which i have learned to Nemuno Ziedas, and some day to Goodwood. Also I have to update the XJ13 :)

One more week to go with this Palanga track.

Thanks @AccAkut :) It helps. I knew that function, actually found out about it not too long ago. But somehow didn't though to apply it here. It works really well. Pressing T selecting "Remove Doubles" and adjusting radius, works nicely, still have to do some merging to clean here and there, but work flow improved quite abit :)

But I can not spend much time on anything else, as I am working on this circuit, now it is a 3rd week. And I have to apologise for showing this, because it is not going to be released. It is temporary Palanga 1000km endurance race track, it is really nice for hotlaps
kD1JTlf.jpg

Can't wait to apply new things which i have learned to Nemuno Ziedas, and some day to Goodwood. Also I have to update the XJ13 :)

Palanga won't be released? :(
I love this track and I was surprised that there isn't a version for AC yet.

Oh no... I loved this track in rfactor but completely forgot its name, searched it for years for AC and now you are making it in such a great quality and it's not going to be released, that makes me sad now :( :( :(

kD1JTlf.jpg

So I take it you're doing that track for some company involved with the race? Watch out, before you know it you got yourself a business ;)

Would it be possible for modders who post pics of their projects to state when it is a conversion, rather than scratch built? It can be kind of misleading... :(
I think my use of the word converting may have been wrong, in the sense that I meant he is now making it for AC not that it was a conversion from rF1. In the modern parlance "my bad":)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.0%