The W.I.P Thread

Someone had a request few page before on request tread on who can tell me wich one i do :)

force_11.jpg

I dont know. A fantasy livery for Michael Vaillant?

Yep only trouble with that is there is about 6 or 7 different shades of blue used, if I start to make them darker, they start tending to merge into each other and almost start to look like just one colour.

I am a bit confused with ML2166 and his/her acceptance to take credit for the 3 F1 liveries that he/she has posted recently. These are unique designs that have been posted by another individual - hanmer.deviantart.com - on the deviant art website. That individual clearly took time and effort to think up the designs and create the liveries and then ML2166 lifts them as exact copies, sticks them on here with a showroom background on them and appears to accept credit for someone else's hard work. I wonder how many of "their" designs they have acquired by these means? Not even a mention of thanks or appreciation to the poor guy who uses his creativity and time to design the liveries. I just find that a little bit dishonest and unfair but maybe that's just me.

I am a bit confused with ML2166 and his/her acceptance to take credit for the 3 F1 liveries that he/she has posted recently. These are unique designs that have been posted by another individual - hanmer.deviantart.com - on the deviant art website. That individual clearly took time and effort to think up the designs and create the liveries and then ML2166 lifts them as exact copies, sticks them on here with a showroom background on them and appears to accept credit for someone else's hard work. I wonder how many of "their" designs they have acquired by these means? Not even a mention of thanks or appreciation to the poor guy who uses his creativity and time to design the liveries. I just find that a little bit dishonest and unfair but maybe that's just me.

I think you'll find that the only one I have released I gave credit for in the posting.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/alternate-williams-livery-hd-dhd-plus-helmets.553/

The other two were done on request from pictures posted here, and yes I am aware as is everyone else where they came from.

The other two were not released, and if they were....they too would have carried a link to Hanmers profile on Dev art, as the first and only one did.

Did you actually read my posting with the Williams that was realeased.....did you not see the credit given, and link given?

...lifts them as exact copies, sticks them on here with a showroom background on them and appears to accept credit for someone else's hard work....

Ha! As if it was so easy.

You've clearly never created a skin Blueview, takes hours and hours and most importantly skill, skill ML2166 has.

Your post is combative and inaccurate against one of if not the strongest member of this modding forum.

Last edited:

what a ridiculously stupid post! @ML2166 does not need to rip off other people's work. ML's work is always ML's and is always of the highest quality. if you was part of this community you would actually realise that he has provided so much, including 3D wireframe files that allow people to create their own skin mods when normally they wouldn't be able to. his work is inspiring, so before you rant on actually take the time over all of the F1 series forums to see how much he's actually done! ta da

I already questioned this - I was shot down in flames, but accepted that he did give credit, so that's fine by me ;)

Haha, thank you for all the lovely replies. So many friendly people on here. I guess I know nothing about this type of work as has clearly been identified. I do not intend on signing back on here so I shall disable my profile and perhaps spend my time more usefully by doing something else - like legal research into copyright infringements. Bye bye for now, all I was trying to point out is that when using someone else's work it is pretty unethical to take credit for the likes of design and colour choice when someone else has created it. Hope you all have fun on your little forum. I only created a profile today to point this out. I have no intention of visiting again.

Haha, thank you for all the lovely replies. So many friendly people on here. I guess I know nothing about this type of work as has clearly been identified. I do not intend on signing back on here so I shall disable my profile and perhaps spend my time more usefully by doing something else - like legal research into copyright infringements. Bye bye for now, all I was trying to point out is that when using someone else's work it is pretty unethical to take credit for the likes of design and colour choice when someone else has created it. Hope you all have fun on your little forum. I only created a profile today to point this out. I have no intention of visiting again.

Whether you return or not, is of course up to you.

However I think that it's worth adding a comment. Credit where credit is due, I assume we agree about this. From what I have seen so far relating to this design, ML2166 is responding to a request from another user to add that design to a car. There is a big difference in coming up with a design (relatively straight forward technically), and actually applying that design to a 3D model skin of a car.

So far, all I have seen is a continuing process, with updated pictures of the current state of play. The design is not finished, and therefore not released yet. At this stage credit isn't due yet. When it is ready, I am sure that ML2166 will give credit to the original designer of the livery, not only because that is just and fair, but because ML2166 is a stickler for these sorts of credits from anyone using his designs and/or files himself.

This is as it should be, and I would be surprised if the correct credit was not given when the time comes.

So please, don't abandon the forum, feel free to check back and see how things have gone. Don't let other forum members words upset you, they are just a little over-protective towards a member who has done a lot of excellent work on their behalf. In reality ML2166 doesn't need this 'protective spirit', as he can express himself quite clearly, and often does. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.