The W.I.P. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 161052

Williams FW24 (2002)
The livery part between the sidepod and the engine cover was kinda challenging to make, might need some improvements if anyone suggests.
fw24 livery progress.PNG

Thanks :). Would you mind sharing the psds for rims and tyres, would make it a bit easier to create the Michelin ones.
Yeah, for the Michelin cars that would be nice.
And i need a rim template/file, too, to get the black rims for the Jordan. Other cars also had different coloured rims if i remember correctly (Arrows, jaguar?)

• Deleted member 161052

More progress. Improved the front monocoque part and logos are added. Only some missing ones remaining.

I inserted the "BMW Power" down to the silver stripe, but I was thinking that it was too offset to the Allianz one. So I moved it upper.
fw24 livery progress 2.PNG

Yeah, for the Michelin cars that would be nice.
And i need a rim template/file, too, to get the black rims for the Jordan. Other cars also had different coloured rims if i remember correctly (Arrows, jaguar?)
Jordan & Minardi black, Arrows orange, Jaguar gold-ish, rest silver-gray

BAR%20driver%20names_zpsyobs0p7p.png%7Eoriginal

(got it from a GrandPrixGames buddy named quickslick)
This site here really lacks a sponsor logo thread imo.

Last edited:
Hard to see from this screenshot, but so far its looking really good :)
What dds setting did you used? DTX1 or 8.8.8.8 ARGB?
Yeah, another angle would've been better for the small text. Still have to work on that, as it's not that good to read yet.

DXT5, should tyres be done in DXT1?

Edit: would you mind if I use the structure part for the sidewalls from your normalmap? Else I'll just create a similar one.

Edit2: proper screenshot
Showroom_ferrari_f2002_27-0-2016-13-37-37.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, another angle would've been better for the small text. Still have to work on that, as it's not that good to read yet.

DXT5, should tyres be done in DXT1?

Edit: would you mind if I use the structure part for the sidewalls from your normalmap? Else I'll just create a similar one.

Edit2: proper screenshot
View attachment 119412
Feel free to use parts of the original normal map :)
I asked about the setting, because DXT something makes the black parts a bit greenish, so if this is the case, go for 8.8.8.8 ARGB. If in DXT it looks good already, than its fine

• Deleted member 161052

2002 Minardi
minardi livery progress1.PNG

(it's grey just so I can see the wireframes meanwhile working on it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates on the Arrows skin?
Nope, have been working on another skin (not for the f2002) the last days. Most part of the missing logos are the most annoying ones as they'll require lots of stretching/shrinking to look right.

WIP Frentzen Helmet, i will also do the Suit
frentzen5fsky.png
Nice :thumbsup:
Do you have a proper template for gloves? Best I have still requires a fair bit of work even for just making single coloured ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes