The W.I.P. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 223075

Danica Patrick in progress
434858Screenshotchevroletssnascarlemans2511163250.jpg

• Deleted member 161052

hm, to be honest your works lack a bit of quality for my taste :cautious:
That's right, because your photoshop skills are way better than mine. I don't do a "super-best replicated" livery as always, but I do my best as possible.

That's right, because your photoshop skills are way better than mine. I don't do a "super-best replicated" livery as always, but I do my best as possible.
Correct, Tobi indeed has better photoshop skills than you.
he was just honest - Your work is not bad at all, but not quite as good as it could be.

Your livery looks good.

There are just some skinners who want to have everything as accurate as possible, often doing liverys in an even better resolution, pixel-perfect lining and try to be as close as possible to the original.

And thats the target Tobi has, i assume. At least thats always my target.
Everybody has their own satndards, of course. Few years back i made liverys who just reminded me of the original car, and it was enough for me.
That changed over the time, i want to deliver the best possible result, which i dont achieve everytime, but in the process i am always improving myself from skin to skin.

Tobi surely doesnt want to offend you and your work, which is better than quite some stuff i've seen on RD already.
In the end, everyone does it for their own enjoyment and share the skins if there are people who might also likes them.
Thats what we all do i guess.

• Deleted member 161052

Correct, Tobi indeed has better photoshop skills than you.
he was just honest - Your work is not bad at all, but not quite as good as it could be.

Your livery looks good.

There are just some skinners who want to have everything as accurate as possible, often doing liverys in an even better resolution, pixel-perfect lining and try to be as close as possible to the original.

And thats the target Tobi has, i assume. At least thats always my target.
Everybody has their own satndards, of course. Few years back i made liverys who just reminded me of the original car, and it was enough for me.
That changed over the time, i want to deliver the best possible result, which i dont achieve everytime, but in the process i am always improving myself from skin to skin.

Tobi surely doesnt want to offend you and your work, which is better than quite some stuff i've seen on RD already.
In the end, everyone does it for their own enjoyment and share the skins if there are people who might also likes them.
Thats what we all do i guess.
Yeah why can he? :D
I see he doesn't, and never does.

I think you could already do a lot better just by spending a bit more time on details for your skins. Take the not matching lines that Ben pointed out for example. Or accurancy of sponsors, the Lucky Strike on the BAR sidepod for example should be white, don't think it was black at any point during the 2002 season.
You can't be 100% correct when doing a skin on the "wrong" shape like here, and often have to find a compromise when placing sponsor logos for example.

R202 WIP, please ignore the white carbon parts. MildSeven on the sidepods will be straight on the final version.
R202.JPG

• Deleted member 223075

Some new finished skin include in final release
712818Sanstitre1.jpg

I think you could already do a lot better just by spending a bit more time on details for your skins. Take the not matching lines that Ben pointed out for example. Or accurancy of sponsors, the Lucky Strike on the BAR sidepod for example should be white, don't think it was black at any point during the 2002 season.
You can't be 100% correct when doing a skin on the "wrong" shape like here, and often have to find a compromise when placing sponsor logos for example.

R202 WIP, please ignore the white carbon parts. MildSeven on the sidepods will be straight on the final version.
View attachment 119169

If anyone of you guys making the f2002 skins want a official render the same style of the original car, send the skins to me and I will do it :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

Only Toyota, Williams, McLaren, Minardi and Jaguar left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes