The Sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a better way to explain why the way I think is better.

If we go with the way that the game is being proposed at the moment, then it is just simply stating the obvious.
If we go with the way that I am proposing, tactics and skill can appear. People might all decide to go for the most obscure and lose points, while someone could go against it, a double bluff, and get loads of points for an obvious answer. It rewards proper knowledge, but also has gamesmanship, creating a better game for us to play.
Agreeing in everything :)

But if everyone goes for obscure, they might have the same obscure idea, and get ton of points
That's my point. The game doesn't reward people for actually knowing stuff about the question, just the stuff that anyone knows. You know, Circuits to host a GP in the UK, everyone will say Silverstone and It'll be dull, but by making obscurity the aim is to choose more tactically. You know, knowing Aintree will get you no points as it is too obscure fr the original game, but can get you points in the new one.

That's my point. The game doesn't reward people for actually knowing stuff about the question, just the stuff that anyone knows. You know, Circuits to host a GP in the UK, everyone will say Silverstone and It'll be dull, but by making obscurity the aim is to choose more tactically. You know, knowing Aintree will get you no points as it is too obscure fr the original game, but can get you points in the new one.
I could say Brands Hatch too :D

I think the questions need to be so amazingly open ended that it provides lots of available answers.
If you ask something like circuits in the UK to host F1 race, it'll be fairly obvious as Jim said. If you ask a question that is weird and gives many answers, mostly those that aren't immediately obvious, then you provide the gamers some challenge to choose.
Sure asking F1 drivers who have scored a win is fine. When you ask those who have won less than 5, now you have to think. Vettel/Alonso/Hamilton won't count. Go looking.
Bring in some constraints that eliminate the most obvious answer.

Alternatively, keep the game the same. Maybe the most obvious answer gets DQ-ed and second most gets full points :roflmao:

^Another good idea.

This is the problem we have at the moment, people are too quick in starting threads. We should have worked it all out in the discussions thread, not in the game thread. I mentioned briefly that the game should be done differently in the thread, but before I could expand, the thread was started, and this big discussion has started.

I think we should wait at least 3 days between the game being proposed before the thread is started, so the thread doesn't get clogged with arguments like this. What we have written is fine in the discussions thread, that's what it's for, but this one is now a discussion on how it should be played.

So, between obscure and obvious answers will get positive and negative points randomly?
And where can I learn the original rules of The Sheep?
No, we have to decide whether obvious or obscure get the points.

If we do obscure, just do most points for those with the fewest people saying it.

If we do obvious, do what Aidan says and give no points to the most popular answer, but do the same for the other answers.

No, we have to decide whether obvious or obscure get the points.

If we do obscure, just do most points for those with the fewest people saying it.

If we do obvious, do what Aidan says and give no points to the most popular answer, but do the same for the other answers.
So I have to ask for some obscure or obvious questions and filter answers for points more tightly, based by answers' detailed informations..

The questions can have as many answers as you like, but we must decide before we start whether we award points for being obscure (fewest people giving an answer get the most points), or obvious (most popular answers give the most points)

Let's have different type of rounds then. Normal type will be the default sheep, with obvious answer gets the most points. Then we will have Black Sheep rounds, in which we follow Jim's way. We have 8 games as far as i see in the first post. We can make some of them Black Sheep rounds. Maybe even 50/50.

I think both ways this game would be funny while i prefer the obvious one. But i will play along regardless of whatever will be the final decision.

And very importantly Jim has a a very valid point. Let's not rush opening new game threads in the future. :thumbsup:

Let's have different type of rounds then. Normal type will be the default sheep, with obvious answer gets the most points. Then we will have Black Sheep rounds, in which we follow Jim's way. We have 8 games as far as i see in the first post. We can make some of them Black Sheep rounds. Maybe even 50/50.

I think both ways this game would be funny while i prefer the obvious one. But i will play along regardless of whatever will be the final decision.
That'll be great idea too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back