The RRE race club one year on.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just a year ago RRE was almost if not totally invisible on here. Amazing now that the club is flourishing quite well.
Some of the early races involved Kjell (who was organising them) and Paul Jeffreys.

The guys that did race back then have all moved on to different things. They should come back I reckon. The game is now working quite good and we have a good bunch of clean racers.
I just looked back on an old post from the club from just last July and I am the only one still using it from that crowd. Where did they all go? :whistling::whistling:

I've been here since the beginning with a few breaks here and there :)
The game still needs some work but has come along ways in the past year. I've been a part of many communities through the year and the RRE community here at RD is hands down the funnest, friendliest and cleanest group of racers I've ran with.
As for the sim I was lucky enough to get on as a beta tester with S3 and I can't always give info on upcoming stuff but I promise you some of the new features and content coming in the next few builds are pretty awesome. My personal favorite feature coming is the min ffb and slip angle which will real enhance the overall ffb.
The future is bright for RRE......hopefully they will do an annual "all content sale" to draw more players.

Cheers

Yes, it's one of the greatest groups I've ever raced with and the people involved make up for any shortcomings R3E may have. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to get it feeling right on my new CSW V2 so I'm temporarily out of action until I can get it sorted.

Props to @Kenny Paton for keeping the dream alive. :thumbsup:

Yes, it's one of the greatest groups I've ever raced with and the people involved make up for any shortcomings R3E may have. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to get it feeling right on my new CSW V2 so I'm temporarily out of action until I can get it sorted.

Props to @Kenny Paton for keeping the dream alive. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words Brandon, but it's the guys who take part who really make it so good, I just set up the server and tag along at the back;)

Backmarkers server is where I got my start here. Then a free month membership from Kenny and I was hooked on Sunday racing
Friendly, fun racing. Big thanks to Kenny and Lars for all they do to keep in going. I always enjoy my time on the track with you all .

The gt races were absolutely brilliant, the team speak conversations are one of the best parts (don't even need to take part just listening in is amusing enough) and gotta love a @Lorenzo Bonder cracking the shits moment one of the highlights! Lol

Brilliant bunch and the timings are perfect every other club starts too late unfortunately, although just thinking when daylight savings ends I'll be up at 4am to take part lol (its worth it) you guys don't do daylight savings do you?

Just a quick one to the beta testers or sector 3 staff, any news at all on the Bentley GT3? Hanging out for that car :), would be great if its out by the time the next run of gt3 races happens, favourite gt3 car by far irl.

Thanks again to @Kenny Paton keep up the good work!

The gt races were absolutely brilliant, the team speak conversations are one of the best parts (don't even need to take part just listening in is amusing enough) and gotta love a @Lorenzo Bonder cracking the shits moment one of the highlights! Lol
Thanks again to @Kenny Paton keep up the good work!

Well I wouldn't know. I turn of my Teamspeak for online racing here in the RRE club. But I do use TS in the Game Stock Racing Club and the AC Club and I used to use it in the Race 07 clubs, but they insisted on Push to Talk comms which is much more suitable for me. I can't stand races where people are using voice activated due to all the crappy background noise going on that I can do without. Just one of my pet hates. But hey if that's what the majority of members want, so be it.:notworthy:
So I'll use TS but only when organisers go back to insisting on push to talk.:cool:

Well I wouldn't know. I turn of my Teamspeak for online racing here in the RRE club. But I do use TS in the Game Stock Racing Club and the AC Club and I used to use it in the Race 07 clubs, but they insisted on Push to Talk comms which is much more suitable for me. I can't stand races where people are using voice activated due to all the crappy background noise going on that I can do without. Just one of my pet hates. But hey if that's what the majority of members want, so be it.:notworthy:
So I'll use TS but only when organisers go back to insisting on push to talk.:cool:
I agree on push to talk, I like the ability to talk to my family or pets and I don't think everyone needs to hear lol

Let me just state, I use push to talk (all the time), I'm just an emotional talkactive motormouthed guy of sorts. Those who know me knows this :p, and MOUNT PANORAMA WAS AN EXCEPTION PEOPLE, I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO IT!

But we prefer people using PTT, but since TS uses Voice Activation as default and some drivers like to talk during driving, to get a feedback or something, we'll it's up to the drivers choice. We only enforce PTT if it is ultimately necessary to keep a controlled room. And either way Andy, while you dislike TS because of the VA guys, I strongly advise on using TS for any last minute info so that you are up to date, like everyone else that is on TS.

Let me just state, I use push to talk (all the time), I'm just an emotional talkactive motormouthed guy of sorts. Those who know me knows this :p, and MOUNT PANORAMA WAS AN EXCEPTION PEOPLE, I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO IT!

But we prefer people using PTT, but since TS uses Voice Activation as default and some drivers like to talk during driving, to get a feedback or something, we'll it's up to the drivers choice. We only enforce PTT if it is ultimately necessary to keep a controlled room. And either way Andy, while you dislike TS because of the VA guys, I strongly advise on using TS for any last minute info so that you are up to date, like everyone else that is on TS.

I will not use TS unless Push to Talk is used. I am not bothered really. I enjoy my racing just as much without it. And I am glad you use PTT. But it's the users that have voice activated that get on my nerves where you can hear the background noises from dogs barking to farting and burping, kids shouting, clicks and moans and budgies talking. Just not my thing so I choose not to get involved on TS. My choice.;)
Like I stated earlier, the other clubs used to ask all to use PTT and I was happy with that. But if the majority of users prefer VA, then so be it.
Cheers
Andy

There is a problem with R3E, in that it doesn't have a flag system so TS is handy for alerts. I must admit I like hearing the moans and groans as drivers spin off, hit walls etc. My feeling is, it's a club so social interaction and banter is important but it's each members choice. My problem with PTT is I forget to push and then wonder why nobody's listening to me, cut off the start and/or end of my sentences, or look right when I use the button and smack into a wall:redface: so I use VO but try to keep the activation level quite high.
If we ever run a championship or league then that would be a different matter of course.

@Kenny Paton I understand the flag situation. That is a problem. I'll just have to keep tags on racers lapping me and hope that ones I'm lapping (rare) realise it too. Like I said I am the opposite to you and I detest VA and all that noise that comes with it so I'll stick to no TS from now on.
I will occasionally log into the TS server prior to a race though but as soon as we start practicing I shut it down.
Cheers
Andy

EDIT: I have had an idea. I might go back to using TS but will place all the other racers on "mute". This way I can still speak out if I need to pass someone. Only problem with that is the need to keep muting people that log on to the TS channel. I'll look into it. It's a pity TS does not inform you who uses VA and who uses PTT, that way I could just mute the VA guys.

Last edited:
EDIT: I have had an idea. I might go back to using TS but will place all the other racers on "mute". This way I can still speak out if I need to pass someone. Only problem with that is the need to keep muting people that log on to the TS channel. I'll look into it. It's a pity TS does not inform you who uses VA and who uses PTT, that way I could just mute the VA guys.
You can mute the headphones in TS without muting the mic.
So keep it open for any changes/updates, then mute the sound when the race begins. :)

Oh, and I'm right there with you re. VA, especially when the trigger-level is set far too low. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back