The RRE race club one year on.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just a year ago RRE was almost if not totally invisible on here. Amazing now that the club is flourishing quite well.
Some of the early races involved Kjell (who was organising them) and Paul Jeffreys.

The guys that did race back then have all moved on to different things. They should come back I reckon. The game is now working quite good and we have a good bunch of clean racers.
I just looked back on an old post from the club from just last July and I am the only one still using it from that crowd. Where did they all go? :whistling::whistling:

You can mute the headphones in TS without muting the mic.
So keep it open for any changes/updates, then mute the sound when the race begins. :)

Oh, and I'm right there with you re. VA, especially when the trigger-level is set far too low. :D
But Lars, I wouldn't be able to hear the actually game then? I don't have the use of a separate soundcard just for TS.

@Kenny Paton
I have an idea for you to mull over. How about a "RRE Club Championship in a Day" ? WTCC or GT3/ADAC or even spice it up using DTM and mandatory pitstops.
8 x 20 minute races in one day (say a whole Sunday afternoon.) 10 points for a win down to 1 for 10th place. But like I stated previously, the one closest to 25 points is the winner at the end, but no one will be really bothered who wins due to the immense fun of the occasion. ;) Everyone who enters is to race all 8 races. Quick qualifying session before each race or would it be possible to have random grids?. Obviously be better on different tracks or could do 4 on one track followed by 4 on another.
Volunteer to collate the results. :thumbsup: One fun packed afternoon of racing.

Great idea Andy. First things first, we need to get RD to allow us to do it. After the one that's just finished I don't want to end up with the stress and strain of another argument. So first we need to see the best way to go about it that is agreeable to all sides.
But I really like that idea, and will add it to the pot of ideas that we have bubbling away on the race club event cooker.:)

Yes OK Kenny. I can't see why RD won't allow it, after all the points system would not really breed competition. Who would want to win all rounds if the end result means they lose? ;)

Cool idea, tho I could only dream of finding the time in a week to run 8 races and 8 Quali let alone doing it in a day lol :)

Edit: why not post a series in the community leagues and events thread and just run it under the back markers and use that form like last time?
Personally I quit enjoy the group we have here, official leagues just lure the elites that want to win and I feel combine with the current casual club racers we have it would just be a disaster, finger pointing and arguing resulting in a massive head ache for the organizer and could result in regulars getting turned off.
Plus factor in the sim is still in alpha multiplayer and the dedicated servers just aren't ready for a main stream league support quit yet.
We currently have one of, if not the biggest grids of all the clubs lately here at RD. ...let's keep that momentum and fun rolling :)

Last edited:
Personally I quit enjoy the group we have here, official leagues just lure the elites that want to win and I feel combine with the current casual club racers we have it would just be a disaster, finger pointing and arguing resulting in a massive head ache for the organizer and could result in regulars getting turned off.
Hence my idea that who ever keeps winning will eventually lose. ;) Designed so it won't be attractive to the win at all costs aliens and super sim experts. Just for us normal guys.
It was only an idea for an afternoon of fun. :cool:

To be honest guys I'm thinking that this weekend cup thing would actually be better using Race 07. That gives us reverse grids and ballast to play with and allows us much more versatility.
A judicious use of mods and tracks could expand that even further.
Just how I'm thinking at the moment.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years