The new guy needs some advice

Hello everyone. I am currently "on the fence" on whether or not to dive into PC Sim racing. I'm in the Iracing Forum because this is the first game I want to try out but to be honest Project Cars and Arssetto Corsa has realy got my intrest.
Let me start by giving you a little history. In the 45 years of my existance I have always played video games (mainly FPS) on Consouls. Mainly becasue PC games have not interested me or have intimidated me. But I got hooked on Forzamotorsport and bought a Fanatec CSR wheel, clubsport pedals and a nice stand. Now as you might know my Fanatec wheel doesnt work on my new Xbox One along with my copy of Forza 5. I have been waiting for a adapter that might work but it doesnt look like its going to happen. So, this brought me to a conclusion. I either buy another $500 wheel OR look into PC racing to fill my need for speed, On Cyber Monday I'm thinking on upgrading my HTPC with a better graphics card, processor etc to run Project Cars/AC. My HTPC now is good enough to run Iracing at some low settings just so I can see if I like it. So this brings me to some questions.

1=I have always heard that in order to be competative in PC gaming you have to constantly invest in upgrades or modds to keep up. Is this the case with Racing games?? Are there "hackers" out there that will blow by me in a Miata while I driving a Porsche??
2= I do not have the room for a tripple screen set up. I will be using my 56' LED tv. Will using a single screen be a disadvantage to me in Sim Racing games??
3=I know a little how a PC works and the programs. Is there a steep learning curve to Sim racing when it comes to installing programs/patches/paint/tuning setups?
4=I work crazy hours and racing on the weekends are not good for me. Will I still be able to find races in order to level up at 1am on a Tuesday (example)
5=Is the setup for my Fanatec wheel and Astro headset easy for my PC??

Thanx for any advice I can get

I see. Thanx.

I very probably didn't spend 1/20th of the time you guys spend on championship races, so I'm certainly not as lightning fast as you guys are :cool:...but I never experienced that problem (regardless of setup type) at Laguna Seca. Quite the contrary to my humbling experiences at Daytona RC.

Still...the Mx5 is a good ride. And fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back