Cars The Need For Speed

I don't recall that they had any issues with driving at night, we're getting ready an update for Class A cars which will improve that a bit based on the latest CSP versions and all, but they worked just fine.
AFAIK only the released 512TR (faint headlights) and the Jota (greenish yellow lights) will have problems that could prevent from seeing the road properly. Some time ago I've shared a suggestion with Jason so it'd taken care for both for a later update, and fortunately it's a simple fix.

For the 512TR&S1 the problem is patches after p245 ignore light_headlights and use their emissive emissives instead for cast light, so on [EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0] and [EMISSIVE_LIGHT_3] just changing COLOR=90.5,69.5,30 to something like COLOR=590.5,569.5,530 will restore its lights. For the Jota, it's just a matter of adapting the vt config, so it doesn't auto guess their color by their glare. :thumbsup:

AFAIK only the released 512TR (faint headlights) and the Jota (greenish yellow lights) will have problems that could prevent from seeing the road properly. Some time ago I've shared a suggestion with Jason so it'd taken care for both for a later update, and fortunately it's a simple fix.

For the 512TR&S1 the problem is patches after p245 ignore light_headlights and use their emissive emissives instead for cast light, so on [EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0] and [EMISSIVE_LIGHT_3] just changing COLOR=90.5,69.5,30 to something like COLOR=590.5,569.5,530 will restore its lights. For the Jota, it's just a matter of adapting the vt config, so it doesn't auto guess their color by their glare. :thumbsup:

I'll go through them one last time based on the 993's config since that one went well I guess. Oh yeah, I love CSP so much..... :O_o:

Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_ebisu_higashi_22-3-120-14-17-54.jpg

It may be placebo but the interiors(dashboard, wheel) look very much better too. I mean you said the exterior got an upgrade so it's normal for that side to look good but i don't remember anything about interiors yet they look much better.

It may be placebo but the interiors(dashboard, wheel) look very much better too. I mean you said the exterior got an upgrade so it's normal for that side to look good but i don't remember anything about interiors yet they look much better.
I did mention it for the 512 CS, so no, it's not a placebo but I actually changed some shaders in all the cars' interiors to try to keep them consistent with each other.

So cool!! cars are done. Waiting for a track wizard to do it's thing... for AC if possible.
I converted the same track to AC for a quick test... As others have said before, most of the tracks are too arcadey, meaning the elevation changes are too unrealistic etc.

However, a talented track modder could use the conversion as a rough base and recreate the track from scratch with more realistic scenery and whatnot... temporary road works here and there to slow down some places etc.

In itself, the alpine tracks in TNFS have a very nice scenery and I like how they feature the gradually colder weather as you progress trough the stages. The start and finish areas could be modified with roundabouts or something, to enable two-way traffic, for example.

Anybody up for the task? :p

Wow! That's incredible. You must be as thrilled as I am that the cars are been reintroduced in Assetto Corsa.

Did you use keyboard or did you use wheel and pedals to have so much success?
Did you have a favourite car from the group?
Do you still play it now?
Is there a website that displays the records?
Hi, originally, I only used the keyboard to play TNFS/TNFS:SE (1995-1997). Then I started using my $20 joystick. That is what I set the 171 WRs with by March 1999. Then I bought the Logitech Wingman Formula Force wheel/pedals and set many WRs with that. Then I even set a WR with the keyboard. And finally, I set a WR with the mouse. So, 4 different ways in total... :) I don't play TNFS/TNFS:SE anymore but I love it beyond words. There used to be the ASWRS website that showed all the WRs. Originally, there was a table with all the different WR holders. Then the table only contained one name (my old nickname). My favourite car is EASILY the Supra. It had the lowest top speed but the best handling. Of the 19 different track WRs, it held 4 despite being DRASTICALLY less powerful than the Diablo (12), Viper (2), and 512TR (1) that held the other 15 WRs. Without the bloody artificial speed limiter at 155 mph, the Supra would have even more WRs.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.