The Future - is almost here

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Here's a sneak peek me talking a little about the code I've been working on and a lot about climate change and implicatory denial.

More videos on the fun stuff to follow this week! UPDATE - see below.

I'll stop going on about climate change as soon as serious action to reduce emissions starts. If Bram proves me wrong about anything I have said I will not only apologise but I will thank him for increasing my knowledge and reducing my ignorance.

I think it's shameful that you can't allow the developer of BTB to express deep concern for the way we are treating this planet in his own forum. If I were to go on about pitgirls I suspect we'd be having a different conversation. I have no hesitation to use BTB as a platform for creating greater awareness of the need for action if the result means a cleaner planet and more prosperous future.

The energy (or aggression as you name it) I have for making others contemplating climate change is, ironically, partly a result of BTB being pirated some years ago. Having given so much of myself to BTB, it made me rethink what was really important in life. It took me a while but I started to shed things that were unimportant; to instead be positive and think about the distant future rather than my own selfish needs. I channel that energy into making myself a better person as well as creating an awareness to others of how we can improve our experience on this planet. I obviously have still more to learn on what is the best approach. ;)

I take this new energy into everything I do and make the most of whatever time I have on this planet. That energy is what drove me to create Race Track Builder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbXY5w2hJF8

The great thing about not being dependent upon BTB for a living (sales are next to nothing) is that I do not fear retribution - I half expected these forums to be closed already after witnessing Bram's response. That fearlessness is something that extends beyond these forums. I don't fear criticism. I don't fear death.

So I will continue to challenge people to challenge themselves be it in these forums, or be it somewhere else. If you dislike my request for a better planet then perhaps you should take some time to examine your own motivations.

Whilst I enjoy making track building tools, making the world a better place is more satisfying.

---------------------------

@Bram, if you were correct you would support your claim with evidence. That you can't, even after multiple requests, and instead resort to debating tactics such as "bait and switch" suggests that you are in climate denial. For anyone else that debates climate denialists, the best way to "win" (although they are unlikely to change their mind - and there's even a study on that) is to persist with the first statement they make. I've studied climate science since 2008 and have heard pretty much all of their popular false claims - hence I knew from the start that Bram was incorrect on water vapour. I therefore persist with this and simply DO NOT ENGAGE ay further until the first point is settled, otherwise they will endlessly start new arguments rather than accepting they were wrong about anything.

Last edited:
Selfishness is not science, not even close. But I do appreciate you being honest about it. :)

Not Selfishness at all, completely different look at it then yourself. I see it as less of a priority in my life then other things. Climate change will affect me a little but not enough to worry me over other items in my future. I understand you are passionate about it but its not a concern to me in my present life.

I'm an optimist, if it gets colder, I just adapt my toys and get a snowmobile rather then a jetski.

Sorry Brendon,

I wont paraphrase to make it more simple. My mum, dad, sister, fiancée, my friend James, his wife, his daughter Laila, my friend Simon, his girlfriend, their little boy Leo, Matt, Ben, Allan, Rob, Steff, Jason, my 7 aunties, their kids and family, my 6 uncles, their kids and family, our neighbours, their neighbours, the taxi driver that brought me home from going out with my friends, Gaz, Jay, Dell, Alex, sarah, Lucy, Janice, Phil, his two boys, all the people in Earith. My back doctor who got me mobile after my slip discs, the nurses that helped me and my local doctor who helped me with all my pain meds. I mean the list goes on but I really didn't think I would need to list the lot of people to a scientist, but then again, you forget that scientist live only for facts and need to see all the information and then they will take you literally no matter if its on a forum where the basis of people are here for sim racing and not all part of NASA. (also your name is spelt wrong.....)

But to make it fair, stuff the homeless people they can all drown.

But to make it fair, stuff the homeless people they can all drown.
Which will be everyone in South East England the day after your new beach disappears.

Reminds me of Frankie Boyle's joke;
"Scots are actually looking forward to global warming. Just so we can sit on top of our mountains and watch the English drown"
Before anyone gets offended, he's making fun of the heartless Scots. We don't actually want to watch the English drown. Well, maybe a few but the rest of England are more than welcome to come and watch with us. We'll even throw out a few of our own to make more space for you :)

Last edited:
Aye, I'd heard about the webbed feet lol!
I've always thought that anyone that uses that stereotype to make fun of a people must be a bit strange themselves though. All human beings have (or should have) webbed feet and hands. Maybe it's a bit more extreme in the Fens though ;)
I have fond memories of the Fens. I worked on a farm near Prickwillow for a wee while when I was a young lad. Brilliant weather, bonny countryside and lovely people. There was a nice pub near us called The Railway Tavern that we frequented quite a lot in our free time. The locals didn't seem to mind 3 heavy drinking Jocks invading their space :redface:. I'd love to back there sometime on a proper holiday, maybe on a barge or something. Let's hope I, you, we, them, us, all pull our fingers out of our arses and do something positive before it does disappear!

Time it right and you can boat all the way here from the Highlands. We've had a slight drizzle here today so I've stuck the deck chair out and ordered a couple of tons of sand in preparation.

Prickwillow isn't that fair from where I live and as you say its all farming land down here. Not sure if the pub is still there but a lot of them are still around so would think so! Catch the right wave and you could boogie board all the way to us.

As usual, by saying UK, they mean England :rolleyes:
That's typical of the idiots in the present UK government. They can't even put a sticking plaster on properly. I don't think they'd show much leadership if, or when the **** really hits the fan. It was also pretty stupid building so many houses on flood plains but that's a whole other subject I won't go into here.
Maybe if UK meant Scotland, we'd get somewhere ;) lol!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-32071276

It could've been more than 50% if it wasn't for this (deliberately?) archaic system.

http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Business-Industry/Energy/Infrastructure/TransmissionCharging

Don't mean to be a pest or anything Brendon but...
please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, tell us more about Race Track Builder! I'm 43 years old and I feel like a child on Christmas Eve! Not bloody cool! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back