The big Meet and Race thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco Bijl

Axe Travels
Okay, a new concept.

This topic can be used to announce you are online, racing on some server somewhere. People who see the reply, can then join if they want to. This might give people a place to go to when no official events are running.

If you use this, you are expected to announce when you go online, but ALSO! when you go offline again. I will keep this threat cleaned out, so I will delete on a regular basis here. When making a reply, please mention the car or class you are driving, and the track as well.

The first 2 posts are an example of what I expect here. Let's see if we can make this happen outside of the official RD hours.

Let me get 1 thing clear. The servers you race on via this topic, are private servers! This means RaceDepartment can and will in no way accept any responsibility! This threat's purpose is just to give people a place where they can meet people that want to drive in a nice and decent way!

Rupe,

I am sure that, if this becomes a succes, the other games will open the same threat. For me, only Race matters, since I do not do stuff for the other games.
If this works, I shall ask the others as well to put a threat like this up.

I'm not the fastest but I've been racing these Simbin cars online in RD for almost three years. Next time I'm preparing for a race, instead of doing it opffline I'll set up a dedi for two and holler here. Please come on with Teamspeak, it's really worthwhile.

This is a real good idea. When i practice by myself it is hard to gauge how well i'm doing. Yesterday's run on Istanbul for instance ,because it was just Dennis and i, i just followed him around the track and as a result my times went from 2:16s to 2:07s. During the week it is a bit tough to join you guys but the weekends are generally good for me. Once again the idea is good and i hope more members will support this idea.

Ok, well lets use this where it's for...

I am online now, for about 1 hour.
Servername: Porsche Istanbul
Pass: Marco
Track Istanbul 06
Car: Porsche SuperCup (Mod from sunday event).

Ow, and please use your real name, since aliasses will be kicked.

Ok, I am off now. Dennis is still in, so if you want to join, the server will be up a bit longer. Will close it down when I go to sleep.

Thanks Dennis. 10 seconds of my first ever run with the porsche on Istanbul is a nice result!

Why all the cloak n dagger, must be known to the host, must have a password? If your hosting a server and are in that server then my personal preference is to allow all to join, after all when hosting a dedicated server its so easy to kick/ban and the more public's where people see this happening the more the message gets out that driving like idiots is not acceptable. A lot here race using real name or their aliases on the 100MBIT servers and will have seen the effect that John has on cleaning driving standards up in server when he's there, as himself or as an alias. When his 'banhammer' gets fired up everyone in server is driving carefully! Myname I host occasionally, server name Aware Simracing - if you see it your welcome to join without a password using whatever name you want, the only thing we want is clean fair racing. Note that I speak only for my own sessions as my teammates also host servers.

Dave,

There are enough public servers. This is NOT the intention of this threat.

I hate racing at public's. I also hate racing with AI. That leaves me with the simple option to drive with people I know, and drive carefully. So, if I want to do that, I post a reply here.
If I would like to go to public server racing, there are enought alternatives to race. Can join my own public servers, of just an general open one.

Reason I have a pass on this server, is simply that if there are 3 people racing on it, everybody comes and join. And thats not what I want.

So in short in regards to your own server, do what you want. Organize your server as you want to. Just read the first post very closely, and you'll see why I opened this threat. Also, mention if you make a reply here that all are welcome, including the regular public racers.
It's a meeting point for driving with RD MEMBERS! Not driving with anyone.

@myname
When you join under the name Myname, thats fine by me as well. It's just that I do NOT want people out of RD on the server. IF someone out of RD wants to race, they are more then welcome on most public servers.

But reasons for not using your own name are few, it is so common in simracing communities that sooner or later, you'll have to start using a real name. That's how community works, those are the community rules. It keeps the game much much more clean... Without this practice the game would be full of bad behaviour.

Still, i don't under drive my own name in publics, there's a reason for that; public servers are a place where gentlemen driver rules apply amongst gentlemen drivers. Not all are racers are so the only option is to remove the non-gentlemen from the race and that means rude and evil tactics. That is only because in publics, people won't be voting the wrecker out which i consider the most stupid thing to do, not voting and then ragequitting because a wrecker destroyed your car... There are some others who sacrifice their own race just to let others drive in peace. I know many who don't agree but i have not met any complaints yet nor thanks that matter.. Hmmm, maybe i should drive under the monicker Batman ;)

But here, we don't have that problem and that is mainly because people are forced to use real names. After that speech, have you changed your mind? The skill level is not important, i'm slow, always will be and never been ashamed of it. I've ruined races here and elsewhere and nobody has wanted to kick me out or race again because of it.

Ok, lets stop this discussion. If someone wants to talk about this concept, please be welcome to open a topic for that. The intention is clear, and if someone doesn't like it, don't use it. Please let those who wish to use this be free to do so ok.

This topic is ment to be for meeting. I shall clean all comments within a day or 2 again. From now on, please only use this for what is ment to be ok.

Thanks for the cooperation.

I am online now, for about 1-2 hours.
2 servers 1 in UK 1 in US
Servername: Aware Simracing Team
Pass: NO PASSWORD - if someone causes a problem please point this out in CAPS and they will be dealt with

UK Server Track : Monza 08
Cars : IFM and GT Sport

US server Track : Istambul
Car : IFM

Ok guys two things to report for tonight that I hope will be of interest and that we can meet up on -

Firstly - a club event GT Sport at Oschersleben

http://www.racedepartment.com/race-...uesday-november-15th-2011-a-2.html#post983710

I and a hopefully quite a few others will be here (and in RD Teamspeak) from now until the event ends, so if you a member join in, if not become a member so you can join in!

or

Secondly - after the club event a public server (which is already running but which I am not in because of the club event)

Server Name : Aware Simracing Team

Track : Istambul
Cars : Formula Masters
Server will remain up until around 00:15 GMT tonight, all wecome, clean fair racing a must, repost bad drivers in chat using CAPS prefixed with the word 'ADMIN -'

Will be looking to jon this server after the club event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes