The big Meet and Race thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco Bijl

Axe Travels
Okay, a new concept.

This topic can be used to announce you are online, racing on some server somewhere. People who see the reply, can then join if they want to. This might give people a place to go to when no official events are running.

If you use this, you are expected to announce when you go online, but ALSO! when you go offline again. I will keep this threat cleaned out, so I will delete on a regular basis here. When making a reply, please mention the car or class you are driving, and the track as well.

The first 2 posts are an example of what I expect here. Let's see if we can make this happen outside of the official RD hours.

Let me get 1 thing clear. The servers you race on via this topic, are private servers! This means RaceDepartment can and will in no way accept any responsibility! This threat's purpose is just to give people a place where they can meet people that want to drive in a nice and decent way!

Should've checked, was doing tracktesting/RDGTC practice instead.. Pedals now work moderately ok, had to scale down pressure a bit, cylinders and tubes kept blobbing off :) But it's still 50% increase to momos original, for the first time i could decrease dead zone and increase sensitivity. There's much more travel to play with, having nice loong slides with Gumpert.. ;) Also as there are som many different forces i have to somehow calculate the curve, it isn't linear anymore, much more at the start than at the end. Airsrping FTW!

In a bit I will set up a server for GT-Pro cars, on Silverstone. For those who have signed up for RDGTC, this might be a good chance to have a go on the qualification track.

Servername: GT-Silverstone
Pass: Standard RD server pass
Cars: GT-Pro (i do not have the GT powerpack yet, so those are not available)

Server will be up in a few, and I will join a bit later myself. Have to put the little one in bed first. I will be in for 2 or 3 hours or something. Server can stay up if some are still present.

Hope to see some there :)

Hmm Sorry, need a bit more time to set it up... Just noticed that after my hardware change for the server, I had not reinstalled GTR Evo. It's installing now, so when ready I will kick the server up.

{edit}
Server is up now. I will be there in 15 to 30 minutes.
{/edit}

Damned Dave, i just got my server priviledges restored.. Well i'll put up a server anyway and join yours..

Server:
Track: Puebla Oval, Curitiba Oval & reversed, Anderstorp plus others..
Cars: GT Pro Audi

edit: this is not advertising, i'm trying to comply with all the rules out there...

Mod edit: Servername removed.

Yep, actually it is better this way.. There's a server up, various tracks Audi R8(GT Pro). Server name now reflects to the team, not to the website: SimRacingSuomi (SRS). Since we are primarily a team, not a website and there is one server slot unused all the time, can't find anything wrong with this (well, anymore, i understand completely why it was a problem before).... And this is for RD drivers only, please use your forumname so we'll know each other, not mandatory, it's public (ATM, will be RD exclusive if there comes wreckers..).. I'm off to train the upcoming RDGTC Pre-Qualy in offline but i'll be joining at around 18:00GMT ...

I have posted a few times in this thread with details of Aware Servers and have had some fairly good attendances (thanks to those who have joined those nights) - So I have decided to post asking people if they would like to join us tonight in a server for some more racing fun - Sorry to anyone who is not a Licenced member but tonights server is limited to only those who are registered and hold the Free RD Licence.​
Server details are as follows -​
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM​
Car: Formula 3000​
Track: Brno 07 (default track)​
Weather: Dry​
Games: Race 07​
20:00 GMT: Practice​
20:50 GMT: Qualification​
21:00 GMT: Race (2 x 20 mins)​
Server and teamspeak password: click here
If you want to join you MUST post in the thread here :​
Will also be in teamspeak hopefully we will get a full server and have a great event!!!​

Awesome event - thanks to those who joined.

Some of us are still in Teamspeak - join and ask where we are. At this moment we are in Retro Max's at Poznan - it is a public and I cant mention the name but there are not 100's out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back