The alien Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
I seriously think there should be a club for the alien drivers. So us mere mortals can actually win a race for a change. The Division between the two is quite substantial. And I really don't see it as being very fair. So there.

Racing with aliens on a regular basis teaches you tips and tricks to become faster.....splitting the division may up your chances of winning but youll only learn to be as fast as the fastest mere mortal.
Keep it the way it is......clubs are for fun and there will always be someoneto race with and those that will be faster :)

Even in real motorsport there are those few that are significantly faster than everybody else. RD's clubs and leagues reflect that. Besides, it would be an uneven split. It's often only the top four or five that are a fair bit faster, but you can't expect them to race alone while the other 25 race together.

It also depends on a person's perception of what alien is. I mean, you are regularly 1.5 - 2 seconds faster than me in many races Calv, so to me you're an alien. I can only ever get close in FR Juniors. But to you, the guys 1-2 seconds faster than you are aliens.

Besides, it's club racing. We're here for fun, not competition. We race whoever we happen to be next to on the track, because it's not about points, prizes and podiums. That's the realm of league racing, which I believe sometime is split into divisions if it's feasible.

I was just having a little bit of fun with no offence intended. I think the, so there, was a bit of a giveaway to me messing about. And yeah I enjoy a bit of a wind-up.:roflmao: So glad you didn't take me to seriously. And this is why I love driving with you guys because we are here to have fun, all of us. And it would be a disaster to the club if such a ridiculous thing was implemented. My sense of humour isn't for everybody, probably most.
But some interesting points came from it though, which I will have to think about.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I got to say racing with faster drivers is a great experience. I still remember my first online leagues in GT5 in a mixed field of GT500's and GT300's. I was seconds slower at the begining and would end up racing on division 2. But watching faster drivers laps, and sharing thought with them I improved a lot. And when I got my first and only win in that league, oh how good it felt.

We can always learn from faster drivers. Here in RR3 when I'm a couple of seconds behind I jump to faster drivers camera and watch their lines and gears through turns to see where the difference is.

We can always learn from faster drivers. Here in RR3 when I'm a couple of seconds behind I jump to faster drivers camera and watch their lines and gears through turns to see where the difference is.

I've tried that, but then I see their brake points and lines and think, "how the flippin' heck did they get the damn car to do that?!" :confused:

I've tried that, but then I see their brake points and lines and think, "how the flippin' heck did they get the damn car to do that?!" :confused:
If ever you guys want to do an informal session on a random Saturday or something, I could see the 235i being a great vehicle to do so. I wouldn't mind sharing how I learn tracks, develop setups, maximize corners, etc. :)

giphy.gif

If ever you guys want to do an informal session on a random Saturday or something, I could see the 235i being a great vehicle to do so. I wouldn't mind sharing how I learn tracks, develop setups, maximize corners, etc. :)
See I told you aliens from another planet can be quite friendly and helpful.:thumbsup: They're not all here to destroy us. You can count me in on your kind offer. In fact you can help me right now nudge nudge can you send me (just me) your a setup for the X17 for up-and-coming Sunday's race. You know just to check if it's good enough for me. :thumbsup::roflmao::roflmao:.

PS: And if it's any good I promise not to use it, you can trust me I'm a professional bullshiter.:D

Last edited:
See I told you aliens from another planet can be quite friendly and helpful.:thumbsup: They're not all here to destroy us. You can count me in on your kind offer. In fact you can help me right now nudge nudge can you send me (just me) your a setup for the X17 for up-and-coming Sunday's race. You know just to check if it's good enough for me. :thumbsup::roflmao::roflmao:.
Sure thing, I was working on a setup last night, which is a slight edit based on a setup pulled from someone else. I would definitely recommend a few hours of practice to really get used to the car. Tons of time to be found in the braking zones and very important to know your braking points well since they come fast and the distances are short. :redface: Still trying to get to grips with T4 an T5. I was challenging a time on the leaderboards and I'm getting absolutely killed in those 2 corners.

I'll upload the setup here when I get back from work.

I don't usually use other people setups as they're not usually in my style. But I have modified a few to suit my style some of which where quite successful. So thank you I will definitely give it a go.
I have a setup which gives me similar times to you give or TAKE 30 seconds or so.:roflmao::roflmao:.
Just kidding, haven't even tried the car on the track yet.

I don't usually use other people setups as they're not usually in my style. But I have modified a few to suit my style some of which where quite successful. So thank you I will definitely give it a go.
I have a setup which gives me similar times to you give or TAKE 30 seconds or so.:roflmao::roflmao:.
Just kidding, haven't even tried the car on the track yet.
The setup shouldn't be anything that will kill you. :D You can run it with some high traction control if you like since it gets major wheel spin in 2nd gear, but when you're up at speed, the car generates so much downforce that it's planted to the ground. Like any car of this nature, as funny as it may sound to some of you, the faster you go, the happier the car becomes. :p

The setup shouldn't be anything that will kill you. :D You can run it with some high traction control if you like since it gets major wheel spin in 2nd gear, but when you're up at speed, the car generates so much downforce that it's planted to the ground. Like any car of this nature, as funny as it may sound to some of you, the faster you go, the happier the car becomes. :p
K guys you know what to do now
tumblr_mq1jx9LS6J1swqozuo4_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back