The alien Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
I seriously think there should be a club for the alien drivers. So us mere mortals can actually win a race for a change. The Division between the two is quite substantial. And I really don't see it as being very fair. So there.

Is this the next step for VR? :O_o::D
mm.jpg

k.jpg

Have to admit I haven't raced R3E for a while, but watching replays of AC RD races I've been in it's pretty damn obvious.
Unfortunately track limit abuse is an on-going issue with AC in particular, but the guys that run that club are working tirelessly to address it. Thankfully we don't have that problem in R3E as the in-game cut detection is half-decent most of the time, and the slow-down penalties are an excellent deterrent.

Unfortunately track limit abuse is an on-going issue with AC in particular, but the guys that run that club are working tirelessly to address it. Thankfully we don't have that problem in R3E as the in-game cut detection is half-decent most of the time, and the slow-down penalties are an excellent deterrent.

I agree Ross. Done a few races with the AI in R3E this evening and the track limits are good, maybe too good!

I seriously think there should be a club for the alien drivers. So us mere mortals can actually win a race for a change. The Division between the two is quite substantial. And I really don't see it as being very fair. So there.
I see where you are coming from man, we all love racing and who doesnt love winning! When i started here a year ago i was barely in the top 10. Thankfully i had some nice teachers like Reggie Blain and Mr. C and a ton of others, but learning from these aliens is the best thing you can do for your race craft...as some other guys have said too. :)

You will be up there before you know, just keep putting in those hotlap leaderboard times and check out the setup forums, just takes time and practice :D

Watch replays of race winners and see how often they massively cut corners. That's how you knock a couple of seconds off a lap and become an alien.

Hey Nick, Rupe Wilson and the other staff members in the AC club are really clamping down on the track limit cheats abusers. Racing is becoming cleaner there because of it. It doesn't matter to Rupe what the games track cut detection is like, he want's everyone to stick to the rule. :thumbsup:

So us mere mortals can actually win a race for a change
Or practice more and become an alien yourself. I never understand why people feel the desire to win races while in fact they don't have the speed to do so.

Would it really make you feel ecstatic to win an online race when you have shaven off the actual competition? Will then the people finishing below you start a forum thread that Average Joe needs their own races as The Backmarkers want to win races as well ?

Practice, practice, practice and that podium will come one day (or not :D).

Then again it can be kinda demotivating if you're always amongst the last to finish and seconds off the pace of the top finishers. Sometimes it helps to have a little hope. It's not really removing competition if said competition is completely out of your league, IMO.

And to be honest, it was kinda funny when the so called rookie events were constantly dominated by the same people who win every other race. But I guess that's why they're no longer called rookie events...

Hey Nick, Rupe Wilson and the other staff members in the AC club are really clamping down on the track limit cheats abusers. Racing is becoming cleaner there because of it. It doesn't matter to Rupe what the games track cut detection is like, he want's everyone to stick to the rule. :thumbsup:

Well if it's good enough for Lewis Hamilton to have all 4 wheels off the tarmac 2 years in a row, it's good enough for me :D
Desktop 08.06.2017 - 14.58.54.03-min.png

Desktop 08.06.2017 - 14.58.26.02-min.png

To some degree, I agree with @Martin Fiala. It is somewhat soul destroying when you have joined A rookie ( friendly) event. After a number of events and constantly being 5 or 6 seconds off the pace. It is a bit disheartening and can lead the thoughts of, should I continue with these events. And the answer to that is, of course you shouldn't, your learning. Yes there's plenty to be learnt from Aliens if they're willing to share their setups, secrets, experience and advice... as some do. And yes practice makes perfect. I said this before, and so have others, We have commitments, wives, girlfriends, children, jobs and do not have the time for so much practicing. I'm no alien, far from it. But if I get a good set-up that gives me a good leader board time I will share it without hesitation. Obviously I don't bother much of the time as they're not adequate, And that's what I believe this club is all about and should be. I share because I want the guys to be fast as me as I enjoyed the competition. Of course if it helps, even better. As far as I'm concerned if anybody wants my setup and I've qualified within the top 10, you all but need to ask for it. Even if it is before the race. I sometimes do feel like the club is an alien testing bed, no insult intended but look at it from my side of the street. You have the aliens nine tenths of the time out front, if they haven't crashed. And the rest of us were anybody could win. But we all pay the same price to race with race department and the club. Which entitles all of us to race when we can. So I guess that's pretty much nothing we can do about the somewhat at times annoying divide. Accept, ALL of us sharing our experience and help when help can be given.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back