Resource icon

Other Telemetry Tool for AMS2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,
I found your tool and wanted to try it but when i run the "runWin.bat" for the first time it looks corrupted. I already tried several clean uninstalls. Do you have an idea what went wrong?
1701164638997.png

thanks

Hi,
I found your tool and wanted to try it but when i run the "runWin.bat" for the first time it looks corrupted. I already tried several clean uninstalls. Do you have an idea what went wrong?
View attachment 710431

thanks
Hmm, pretty odd. I think it is related to the available character fonts/sets.

Which platform do you use, win10 or win11? And which language is the default language of your system?

If you could do from command line the following:
1. open command prompt
2. change to the directory, where you installed the Tool
3. Then run this command
bin\win\bin\java.exe -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.SystemProperties
4. and then this
bin\win\bin\java.exe -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.Charsets
5. and then this
bin\win\bin\java.exe -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.Charsets

and PM me the results. You can clear the output of 3. from personal data, i.e. your username + dirs + IP address.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Tool looks good just wish I could get it running. :(
I have this error message.
--------------------------------------------------
Connected to Shared Memory.
Data version mismatch, the RELAY might not work correctly ...

I'm on Win 10 & Telemetry Tool for AMS2 13.1 Rev 3085

It will work. The 13.1 works with the Shared Memory 13. So it will be ok. This is to me bit nicer way to handle the 'version mismatch' than just bailing out, like it does with the default code for the client.

When the new version comes out, there will be new updated relay. The missing data is the 'launch control' states, so not much is being missed at the moment.

Cheers.

Did you get this running? I am having the same challenges of not getting the app and AMS2 talking. I have everything set within the AMS2 settings (PCars2/5/PCars2). I drive a few laps, yet nothing is received. I must be doing something wrong...

There is now a 13.2 release candidate of the Tool with AMS2 "le Mans" support + new AMS2 relay. If you want to give it a go, please PM me and I will send you the link.

Cheers.

I gave it a go, had no luck. It said connected to Shared Memory, but nothing.
Played with settings still nothing.

Then had a reboot and gave it another go, now it works.
Data gettting through so I will check it out in the new year.

Happy New Year

Great, now I think we might be on to something. I will PM again you more info.

Cheers.
I'm having the same issue. I can provide command prompt logs if necessary.

Running Win10 on English (Canada). I even redownloaded default Win10 fonts, and restored default fonts from Control Panel before restarting.

Attachments

• telemetry.png
    telemetry.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 26
Here's what it looks like pressing X in 13.2rc
Hi,

What is odd, is that all characters have been "shifted" by two. This means, that 'AC' became 'CE', 'ACC' became 'CEE' and 'F1 23' became 'G3 45'. So based on this I suspect, your System Regular font is corrupted. The launcher uses that font as seen at the bottom. The text there is 'U{uvgo"Tgiwnct"3402', but after 'shifting it back by two' we get the 'System Regular 12.0'. The corruption is quite clear, as e.g. for char '2', the value is same in UTF-8 and all "normal" ascii tables, i.e. 50. So now in your system the value of 50 (hex 32) shows char '4', i.e. the font table has shifted two steps for the 'System Regular' font for some reason.

I will PM you some more things to do, and how to possibly fix this at least in my Tool. Another fix might be to find out a solution to fix the font.

Cheers.

Hi Iko! I've been enjoying your tool so far, very well made and the amount of information displayed is sometimes overwhelming - in a good way haha!

That being said, I have a couple questions:
1. Can the tool read telemetry data from TT ghosts in AMS2? When setting the blue lap as Ghost it never outputs any sort of data.
2. My AMS2 relay says "Data version mismatch, the RELAY might not work properly...". Any idea how to fix that?
3. What exactly do "Skid", "Spin" and "Slip" represent in the Telemetry tab?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Iko! I've been enjoying your tool so far, very well made and the amount of information displayed is sometimes overwhelming - in a good way haha!

1. Can the tool read telemetry data from TT ghosts in AMS2? When setting the blue lap as Ghost it never outputs any sort of data.
2. My AMS2 relay says "Data version mismatch, the RELAY might not work properly...". Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks in advance!
I have this same exact problem. I love this tool cant wait to get it working with ASM 2 it worked great with Assetto Corsa, I havent tried it with ACC, yet I will try that to night. I, too, am interested in looking at some of these time trial ghost, I'm really interested in some of these world record runs as to how these people are so fast.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

Yes, the Ghost data is coming in from all ghosts in TT. it is bit limited, but should give nice idea, where you are losing time to the ghosts.

See the update in a minute. I am just posting new update, which has also new Relay.

Spin and skid are technically speed vs wheelspeed, slip is typically value provided by the game. They might actually differ bit from each other, although they represent the same "data".

Cheers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea