Resource icon

Other Telemetry Tool for AMS2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi @Iko Rein.
Thank you for your excellent work!
As a newbie in this kind of telemetry stuff, i'm exploring the tool and gaining knowledge step by step when having some time.
Is there any way to have telemetry graph for inner, middle and outer tyre temperature?
Cheers
Hi,

At the moment there is no trace for those. I might add it later. The reason why it has been left out is that that data is only available from PC2 + AMS2 in the Telemetry data. You can still see the data in the Driving pane for those games.

Cheers.

Hi @Iko Rein.

Your tool is really helpful, thank you. I'm trying to record the ghost lap in TT AMS2, and even with relay opened and showing "Connected to Shared Memory", the Ghost doesn't show up.

I completed a full lap. I tried switching Blue Line on the top right to Ghost. I tried to see if it was being recorded in one of the laps folders. In general settings I have Which opponent laps to save to All, I've also tried Ghost.

I'm sure it's something dumb I missed but I can't see what it can be. Can the lap be saved and opened after the TT? Cause now I can't do live nor analysis.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Troubleshoot Telemetry.png
    Troubleshoot Telemetry.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 115
Hi @Iko Rein.

Your tool is really helpful, thank you. I'm trying to record the ghost lap in TT AMS2, and even with relay opened and showing "Connected to Shared Memory", the Ghost doesn't show up.

I completed a full lap. I tried switching Blue Line on the top right to Ghost. I tried to see if it was being recorded in one of the laps folders. In general settings I have Which opponent laps to save to All, I've also tried Ghost.

I'm sure it's something dumb I missed but I can't see what it can be. Can the lap be saved and opened after the TT? Cause now I can't do live nor analysis.

Thanks again!
Sometimes the ghost don't show up after the first lap or might not show up at all. I have tested it in quite few combinations and tried to remove all oddities in the ghost saving, but there might be some edge cases, which still are not working or cause issues. Have you tried with different cars/different tracks? Also are there saved laps in the opponent laps directory?

I will do more testing this weekend to see, if there is something odd going.

For checking, if the Tool works, easiest way is to open the raw data or the driving pane. If data there gets updated, then the Tool works.

Cheers.

Hi

I am used to Motec for looking at Histograms . On the scale I am used to persentage but in your software there seems to be a choice of Packet, Time of Distance and therefor not sure which to use

Last edited:
Hi

I am used to Motec for looking at Histograms . On the scale I am used to persentage but in your software there seems to be a choice of Packet, Time of Distance and therefor not sure which to use
I could change it to percentage (or add it as an option), but if you take/use the packet values, those can be seen as "percentage", as the percentage would be (packets / total number of packets) * 100.0. The packet value is what one could call the "standard" from other tools.

The other values time and distance are taking into account, how long time the value is, or how long did the car travel in the bracket. So the two values give small difference, as when car is moving very fast, there are less packets per meter, than when the car is moving slowly, thus the histogram is slightly different. To be honest, I am not 100% sure, it adds value, but as it was easy to add, I wanted do add them there as an option.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

New version 11.3 is here.

Largest addition is the new 'Workspace'. In short this is like the Telemetry view, but you can save and load the set of traces. E.g. you can have different workspace for setup work, and another for driving inputs. There are also many new traces, e.g. wheel speed diff for sides or wheel locking indicator etc. For each trace there is now few options to adjust the view:
  • Basic: normal trace
  • Diff: blue vs. red trace (or with multilap blue vs each trace)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just a note to those using this with AMS2. The relay does not work with the latest AMS2. The tool itself works ok with just the UDP data, but some data, like tyre temps are not as accurate as with the Shared Memory data.

I will update the relay + the tool to accommodate the AMS2 1.3.3. changes. This will take bit time, as I am quite occupied with work at the moment. Hopefully I can spend this weekend some time on getting things sorted out.

Cheers.

Just a note to AMS2 users.

I wanted to do new version, but had to do quite big changes to the tool + the AMS2 relay, which have have delayed the release of a new version.

For AMS2 users, if you want to get the Road America trackmaps, you can get them here: https://telemetrytool.com/addons/

Just unzip the AM2 package to the directory, where you installed the Telemetry Tool.

Cheers

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

New version 11.4 is here.

It took bit longer than anticipated to get it out of the door.

Notable addition is rFactor 2 support.

For AMS2
  • New Shmem Relay using v12 specs. If you use AMS2, update the AMS2 relay from the bin directory in the .zip.
  • New trackmaps + cars data
  • Clutch data in the Driving pane
If you use AMS2 or ACC, it might be good to run the Tools --> Manage DB data -> Fix database data to fix odd issue with car ids.

For update, replace the...

I did not want to do new release for just few tracks, so there are updated trackmaps for the Buenos Aires No6 at https://telemetrytool.com/addons/

There is .zip with the new trackmaps for F1 22 Miami and for the both Buenos Aires No6 tracks. Renamed the 'No 6' to 'No 6S' and the new 'No 6' as 'No 6T'.

Just download and unzip to the Telemetry Tool install directory.

Happy driving ...

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

A new version 12.1 is out.

Notable AMS2 changes/fixes:
- Added Buenos Aires No 6T track
- Renamed Buenos Aires No 6 to Buenos Aires No 6S

Launcher
- Added option to run feedtester directly from the launcher

Global DB
- Did another data cleaning, you can now see the data from the Global DB from https://racinggametelemetry.com/laptimes.php
- Changed the data of the new window 'Show laptimes from global DB' to show best race laptimes

F1 22
- Fixed...

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

Telemetry Tool v12.2 is out

Notable AMS2 fixes/changes/additions:

AMS2

• Updated Relay to 'AMS2 Shared Memory 13' version. This brings the FCY data to the Tool
  • Added new trackmaps and cars added in 1.4.0.0, 1.4.1.0, 1.4.2 and 1.4.3
  • Fixed event names, which were sometimes not showing properly
  • Removed non-used events from the Lap Data view
  • Added FCY data to the tool, e.g. FCY will be shown at top like SC would be shown.
Other notable...

Hi, I'm having trouble getting your tool to read out any telemetry data. As far as I can tell I've set it up properly the way you show in your video. I've also checked the driving pane and no updates are made, although the top bar on the screen occasionally flashes yellow or red. I run crew chief with AMS2 so as is my game is talking to other programs. Any advice?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm on windows 10
Also the top bar where it lists track, view mode, time and race will turn red when my brake pedal is fully or nearly fully depressed. This is the only part of the software that reacts to the game, everything else is not showing information

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 78 89.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 33.3%