Team ORSM

Sorry to join the discussion just now, but what is the point with sounds ? I see the name of our mod in here ?

Just my 2 cents about it : if it's kindly asked and not done in the back i'm sure that our team will always be very pleased to help real modders like ORSM to end their mod, we mutch prefer seeing released good mods like that then crappy conversions of rippers @ f1classics or merlin75 awful newbie things.

:)

Don't think he was talking about the ORSM stuff klo-che. Think the conversation was just about using sounds in mods in general. Have a read through. That was my impression. Pretty sure that the guys at ORSM are doing their own sounds.

Don't think he was talking about the ORSM stuff klo-che. Think the conversation was just about using sounds in mods in general. Have a read through. That was my impression. Pretty sure that the guys at ORSM are doing their own sounds.

Yes but the same guy contacted me in private saying something else, that is why. Anyway was not a problem for me (for ORSM). Good luck with mod development.

be very careful what you claim to be sounds edited from other mods because their work is being used by others without their permission ie (transmission sounds endurance mod series).

Like everything else in this mod the sounds have to be 100% scratch built, not sourced from another mod or game developer. To rip someone elses work and call it our own is not what ORSM is about.

to be honest what is the issue about sounds coming from other mods anyway? its all for the greater good for everyone to enjoy and not like the other mod has been patented or being sold, its all sharing for a common purpose.

now, if a mod using my stuff is being sold then thats another story. but as long as its all freesharing between the community i dont see why it should bother anyone.

I must agree with Ryan, peoples Intellectual Property takes many many hours to produce and must be respected. Scratch built mods are always the way to go because if everyone used everyone elses sounds or models then there would be no advancement in the builds. Its like taking a test at school if you cheat by reading the other guys answers then you may pass the test if your not caught out, but you can be sure you learnt nothing by doing so.......:)

Anyway, I would like to get back to the mod itself...

The other day I deleted all the lods in v8factor to get the models always in its full glory. Having by far not the fastest pc I must say that it didn't took that much fps. Almost not noticible tbh...

Dunno about the new and revised models but I think you don't ned thath much lods...

Anyone else want to share some oppinions?

to be honest what is the issue about sounds coming from other mods anyway? its all for the greater good for everyone to enjoy and not like the other mod has been patented or being sold, its all sharing for a common purpose.

now, if a mod using my stuff is being sold then thats another story. but as long as its all freesharing between the community i dont see why it should bother anyone.

Yeah ok. I can see your point. And that is fine if you approach the original developer of that sound and get permission to use it and then credit that person with that IP.

The other day I deleted all the lods in v8factor to get the models always in its full glory. Having by far not the fastest pc I must say that it didn't took that much fps. Almost not noticible tbh...

Dunno about the new and revised models but I think you don't ned thath much lods...

Flaux that probably fine with your current spec machine which not everyone has, the other issue is these models are probably higher detail than the originals so therefore when it gets released it reduces the stuttering and the issues. So LODS are most definitely needed, then the work of making sure they transition as best as possible. If you look at some of the videos of the old mod, in some videos you can see the LOD changing, this may not happen on all machines and all tracks but can be annoying when it does.

If you look at some of the videos of the old mod, in some videos you can see the LOD changing, this may not happen on all machines and all tracks but can be annoying when it does.

Thats why I changed to constant MAX-LOD in the old/current mod. :cool:

Flaux that probably fine with your current spec machine which not everyone has,

C2D 2,8ghz, 4gb ram, ati hd 4650 (guess thats not really state of the art :tongue:) A year ago it was only a simple 3ghz with an agp graphic-card... so I know what you mean...

BTW: Did I told you guys, that I try for years now to get the right stance for those cars!? Since 3 years I'm trying almost every week to set height, width, camber, tires and everything to a point where it looks the most realistic. Man I can tell you...haha thats a stupid hobby, but for me it is pure fun. - Well, Ryan knows a bit about it :wink:

I was always taught at uni to create at least 3 LOD models to make the game run as smooth as possible without reducing the graphical quality. When a car is on the horizon, it is pointless to have that car highly detailed as you can't see it clearly enough, so using the low LOD in this situation will still make the car look like a car, but its small details are removed and the overall poly count of the car is reduced, allowing a computer to load the model a lot quicker resulting in better performance. Obviously as the car gets closer to where you are, then the LOD is higher as you can make out the small parts of the car better. But like you said, trying to get it all working so you cannot notice a change between the models can take some time.

Hey guys, afaik there will be all the rims used in this period of 06-11. Have you redone the old rims too? I'm asking because after comparing it to real videos and pictures the rims in v8factor seem to be a bit big.

Well yeah... Its nit-picking... ;-)

btw: the new ones look perfect in that last abudhabi screen. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.