TC65 Mod @ Portland 70 - Tues 19th Jan 2010

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TC65
Class: TC65 Mods (Toyota Corolla + NSU TT)
Track: Portland 70
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: as the TC65 mods are now back on the server, it's time to try them out :)
Note3: You must choose a different make of car for each race, but the order you use them doesn't matter.

Understood Warren, bad luck mate. :(

OK - server for this event is up, but I got a general error from the lobby this morning when I tried to test it, so I suspect the Bude were doing some maintenance.

If someone could check it later on and let me know how it looks for them, I'd appreciate it.

OK, I'm not getting a response from a ping even, but my work firewall intercepts pings :doh:

It might be my connection at home, or it might be the lobby, but I can see a couple of people online using the bude viewer, which is better than earlier when all servers were totally empty.

Hey guys. I just jumped online to check for you.

Jumped into the lobby and then onto the server in the Corolla and I could connect, so I would assume that if I can, most (if not all) can.

Hope ya'll have a great race!

Cheers

Glenn

You will see tonight that you will have some company in the pirouetting Corolla, mate.

At the very least I'll be joining you. :)

I think most of us have found that you can drive the Toyota quickly, or you can drive it neatly, but never both at the same time.

• Arne Oestlund

I must bow out tonight. :( Some obstacles have turned up making it impossible for me to drive tonight. I wish you all others a happy and glosious night with many duels and good driving.
Yours,
Arne

OK Arne, understood.

Amir, I'm going to leave it as is, ie up to people's preference as to what order they want to race the cars. If we end up with just one person in an NSU against a field of Corollas (or vice versa), then I'll suggest switching, but I'm not going to impose an order.

I know we're not really supposed to discuss laptimes but I'd be interested to know ballpark times or at least the difference between both cars Amir, I've tested both cars using the sets I posted in setup forum and I'm actually marginally quicker, by a few tenths, in the Corolla than the NSU on them.

Sam

And just to round it out, I've got them within 0.1 or 0.2 of each other, NSU slightly faster overall.

Probably about 2 sec behind Sam in both, mind you :D , but pretty close between the cars.

I do think that these two cars can magnify any setup issues or driving style idiosyncrasies, rather than being docile enough to mask them, or drive through them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back