Tc65 - Jaguar Mk2 Vs Sprite 1098 @ Le Mas Du Clos - Tue 11th Dec

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Jaguar Mk2 (default + skinpack) / Austin Healey Sprite 1098 (download)
Track: Le Mas Du Clos (download)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (16 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (16 laps)

Note 1: Default + skinpack for the Jaguar, Skins that come with the Sprite 1098 (shows as Sprite1.1 in car menu)
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Jaguar / Race2 = Sprite 1.1, Even number vice versa.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson - Jag Mk2 / Sprite
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito - Sprite / Jag Mk2
  3. Tim Ling - Jag Mk2 / Sprite
  4. Hans Sneep - Sprite / Jag Mk2
  5. Ross McGregor - Jag Mk2 / Sprite
  6. Rupe Wilson - Sprite / Jag Mk2
  7. Leszek Porzezinski - Jag Mk2 / Sprite
  8. Philip Brown - Sprite / Jag Mk2
  9. Simon Bacon - Jag Mk2 / Sprite
  10. Roland Warmenhoven - Sprite / Jag Mk2
  11. Krzysztof Babij - Jag Mk2 / Sprite
  12. Peter van Zanten - Sprite / Jag Mk2
  13. Jack Smith - Jag Mk2 / Sprite
  14. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan - Sprite / Jag Mk2
  15. Samuel Hunter - Jag Mk2 / Sprite
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Thanks very much guys, looking forward to racing - hope I've got everything downloaded correctly! Is the SIMBIN lobby the default one when I go into multiplayer to select the server...? Sorry for the daft question

Yup. If you have a digital copy of GTL or from Steam it should be Simbin lobby by default. The server is up so you can try to join (you need the track and cars/skins first though)

Thanks for the racing guys. Had a few knocks along the way too. Mostly with Knut in R2 I think. Sorry for those.

Sprites A lovely little car but it was very difficult to race alongside the Jags. They are so unwieldy. I found it near impossible to judge what those around me where going to or flat out needed to do. Fun exercise all the same.

My first race after long pause and there is first victim. On the beginning of the race 1 I forgot I have G27 wheel (previous I had DFGT) and started to brake by clutch pedal and I guess Jack Smith was a victim of me. I sincerely apologize you mate.

Later it was much better and I finished on P9. Race 2 was really nice I like Sprites, very easy to drive, after very interesting race I finished on P7. I am very happy, I can't wait for Thursday, next race in Racing Club.

Thank you.

Race 1) Had a poor quali and started from the rear in the Sprite, got out of the way of the back pack chargers and then followed the queue looking for openings, found a few and made up several places by the end of lap one. Then I lost a few places next few laps and settled in behind Dave in the a Union Jag. Tried and tried, but just could not get by, good driving Dave! Eventually started trying different lines and may have caught Hans out, ( who was behind) as we bumped into turn one and I ended up on the rollbar in the woods...end of Race 1

Race 2) Had a better start from 4th, but was being careful with increased bulk of the Jag. As the front runners pulled away, I became the leader of the midpack, fending off the pesky Sprites, eventually Krzysztof and Peter in another Jag, made the pass, although it was short lived as we swaped places again as Peter ran wide. He got by again in the esses a few laps later, and then after running a bit wide on the front straight, we had a drag race up into turn 1. With sparks flying as we both leaned a little on each other, I had to back out as I was running out of track on the inside. Then with Knut riding shotgun on the both of us, we continued our battle for 8th? to the finish. Great racing everyone, thanks Stuart on another diabolical combo, see you next week I hope!

Congrates to Bob and Ross on their winning form and to all the podium finishers.

Well that was good fun even though i made a mess of the start of race 1.
put the car into gear and it jumped forward 3 foot (I did have my foot on the clutch) so I got a jump start and a stop and go penalty. so end of lap 1, I took a trip to the pits .. that all went ok but it seemed like it was not working .. it held me for about 15 seconds and let me go .. so I set off on my merry way..
it did not give me any indication i had done it correctly, so half way through the lap i was looking for an indication that it was not done and I had to do it again but nothing..
so at the end of the lap i pitted again.. this time the stop and go was there but it was not available... oooopps.. it had done in on the first lap correctly.(its funny id only been practising these the day before as a exercise to see what all the fuss was about. I never had a single problem) As I left the pit I could see the leaders 50m behind me so I thought it best to quit as all I would of done was slowly get in everybody's way having to give place up ..nothing worse than that ... so I watched a cracking race between Stuart, Leszek, Roland and knut ...
Bad start ot the night all my own doing really. but now i know the difference between a drive though and a stop and go...

Race 2.. had a good qually in my JAG.. really happy with that ...
This time my clutch was working..i got a good start and did get into first but wasn't about to cut the nose of the front of Ross so kept it nice and clean over the brow of the hill:rolleyes: and he slipped underneath me and I was following at a safe distance. (ok i was going as fast as i could in the HMS JAGUAR). The laps were going by nicely and I was keeping good pace with the odd slip and Stuart got a bit closer lap by lap. we had a good little battle until he gave me a little love tap and i spun.. pure accident nothing intentional .. i saw a few cars pass me as i waited to enter the track and set off after them..
over T/speak i knew Stuart was waiting down the road for me and i was let by as we went over the first corner. we were slowly catching the guys in front and i just went a bit deep into a corner and spun again.. daaaammmmm so i had to get going again.. had fun in the JAG with then baby frog...
all in all a mixed night of fortune but good while it lasted...
catch you all next time..:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back