1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

TC-65 Jag vs Abarth @ Anderstorp GP - Tue 14th Jan 2014

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Rupe Wilson, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL1
    Class: TC-65 Jaguar MKII Vs Abarth 1000TC
    Abarth skins (download)
    Abarth sounds pack (Download)
    TC-65 Extra skin pack (Download)
    Track: Anderstorp (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
    Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 13 laps)
    ------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
    Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
    Note 2: Only default liveries please
    Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
    Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Jag / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
    Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
    (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
    Note 6: Watch your driving please

1. Rupe Wilson - Jag / Abarth
    2. Jack Smith - Abarth / Jag
    3. Denis Betty - Jag / Abarth
    4. Steve Walker - Abarth / Jag
    5. Hans Sneep - Jag / Abarth
    6. Josh Morrell - Abarth / Jag
    7. Roland Warmenhoven - Jag / Abarth
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here
    Rules:
    If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
    you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
    WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
    if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Sign me up please.

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Server is up

4. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Yes please.

5. I would like to join as well. That being, I have limited online experience and am new to this community. Let me know. :thumbsup:

6. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better!

Looks like Denis and Jack have beaten me to the sign up :whistling: Signing up.

7. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

signing up

8. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

I don't have any engine sounds on Abarth with new skins. The default Abarth still has engine sounds. I've tried deleting the Abarth folder and dropping in a fresh one from my Steam copy, but when I load the skin pack (unpack to desktop and drop into main game folder) it's still the same. Sorry in advance if I'm being a numpty..... AGAIN! :confused:

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

will check it out.

10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

@Denis Betty

Abarth sounds pack (Download)
    all you do is unpack it and run the program and point it at your main gtl folder and install it.
    its a .exe that you run this will give you the updated sounds for the Abarth. this is already installed in my pc so i did not see the problem its the same as the sounds pack for the Abarth TCR that we use..
    Sorry i did not notice this.:redface:..:)

We might have this problem, with a few of the skins but im sure i can find the sound packs just shout out if you have no sound for a car..

11. I would like to sign up as well.

12. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Sounds installed and working. Ta very much.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

In please

14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

20 mins free practice race 2

15. That was a lot of fun. Hope to do it again.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Yes it was very good fun. A bit of an unexpected match, those cars, but it worked out really well!!
    Glad I got to drive the Brick Jag first, as its sluggishness made me enjoy the agility of the Abarth in R2 even more!

Driving the Jag around here was pretty good fun too, but to me it always feels more like cruising around than racing. My pace was not bad at all, could follow Josh around for some laps while trying to keep Jack behind, failed eventually but it was fun watching Jack and Josh battle. Then the non-qualifying staff guys came flying by as my tires were starting to go.. so did Rupes so I could stay ahead but Steven in his Abarth was no match. So no podium but some good fun!

P2 the Abarth was not easy, in fact I didn't complete a single lap without crashing, and was 10 sec slower than the next guy at P2 end.:redface: Even crashed in my Q2 outlap, but the timed lap was near perfect and got me pole!! Yay!!
    In R2 I had a very good start, and some troubles behind me in L1 soon gave me a comfy gap. But then Rupe came closing in in his Abarth, and we had a really good battle where he was faster on some parts of the track but wasn;t on others. I even manage to make no (big) mistakes while defending:) So at the end, I managed to take the win with a whoping 0,1 sec margin! That was some brilliant racing.

Thanks all for racing, and TY to the staff as usual. And welcome @Josh Morrell, glad you enjoyed yourself, please come join us again!

• Like Like x 2