TC-65 Class @Donington Park GP -Tue 8th October 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Default class
Track: Doninginton Park GP(default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: You must choose a different car for each race
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson (Jag Abarth) for me this week
  2. Mike Bishop Abath/Mini
  3. Antonio Tavares Falcon/Mustang
  4. Jack Smith Mini /Falcon
  5. Allan Ramsbottom mustang and falcon
  6. Roland Warmenhoven
  7. Markus Hakamo Jag /Mini
  8. Yves Larose Falcon/ Mustang
  9. Milos Litavec Abarth / Mini
  10. Denis Betty Falcon / Mustang
  11. Steven Walker Falcon / Jag
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

Below are the cars you can choose from. Next week you have to choose 2 different cars. you cant pick a car you have already used, Only when you have used every car can you start again.:)
Abarth 1000TC -
Mini Cooper -
Alfa Romeo GTA -
Lotus Cortina -
Jaguar MkII -
Ford Falcon -
Ford Mustang -
Its up to you guys to pick your cars but you cant use the same car again until you have driven them all

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Hahaha. Yes. I'm here. Just got rid of Allan so I can come on now. Sign me up please chuck. :D

Abarth 1000TC -
Mini Cooper -
Alfa Romeo GTA -
Lotus Cortina -
Jaguar MkII -Race 2
Ford Falcon - Race 1
Ford Mustang -

Last edited:
That was good fun! Only made it in when P1 had already started, picked the Alfa - love that car, and found over half the grid slots filled with muscle cars:O_o:

Where my laps in P1 were not very fast, Q1 was alot better already which got me 3rd place.:)
Once on the starting grid I was completely surrounded by Falcons and Mustangs, and from what I remembered from last week, that was not good news for the Alfa as I expected them all to have waved goodbye to me even before 1st corner...:unsure:
But....
I have no idea what happened, don't know what they did wrong, or what I did right, but I BEAT THEM ALL IN THE RUN TO 1ST CORNER!! WOOT!!
20070331221204!Dancing_Banana.gif

From that moment, my race night was a success, regardless of what would happen!

What did happen after that? well, pretty soon I had Yves' Falcon all over my mirrors, he made a passing attempt on the first straight towards the Esses, he got beside me but not in front, but wouldn't take no for an answer so we went through the Esses two-wide (I didn't think it would fit but actually it did quite nicely) and after that he got in front on the run towards the hairpin.
He then slowly started pulling away while I could build a small gap towards Steven and Antonio battling it out in their Falcons. So I had a somewhat lonely drive towards the finish in 2nd place - but with a smile on all the way!!

Grats to Yves for the win and to Steven for 3rd! Thx all for racing, and Thanks Rupe for another good one:thumbsup:, sorry I had to bail out halfway again.:(

Thanks gents everyone for racing! And thank you Rupe for organazing, in my mind successful event Yves was in his class in both races, congrats for wins!:thumbsup:

In R1 I was in Jag MkII and had really no expectations because it was my first race in this track. Qualified modest 10th but I aimed for consistent race and finished 7th.

R2 was with Mini and this nimble little beast appered suit well in this track, just lacked the speed in longest straights. Qualified 2nd after Yves, but messed geat change in the start and dropped 5th or 6th after first corner. After that it was just trying to overtake Mustangs and Falcons which had illegal amount of power :confused:

I had good and tight moments with Jack and finally passed him, then same thing with Denis. I think both happened in the last few tight corners, in which big cars had problems to turn.

With Denis I had some opposite lock moment when trying find spot to overtake (I already thought here we go again...)

After that I tried to get passed Antonio to get back 2nd position but just quite couldn't make it. In last lap I tried with a bit more risk but that didn't work either :whistling:

So finished 3rd, but even more important is that bot races felt illegally fun! Also despite tight battles very fair and clean racing in as far I can see. :thumbsup:

Sorry i had to run guys my mum was feeling good, had a bit of a stressful night but all seems ok now.. there going to keep her in for a couple of days observation:(
it never rains but pours....:(
it was this time last year we lost my dad..... Panic ... but were feeling better now:):)

Both me and my partner Anna (she's sat next to me watching me type this :rolleyes:) are sorry to here about your mum but glad that things are looking up Rupe.

Race night was fun. I had a blast in the Falcon and finished on the podium.:D Had quite a battle with @Antonio Tavares and actually pressured him into making an uncharacteristic mistake:cool: I think he got his braking point slightly wrong on the run down the back straight to the chicane and went a bit deep into it. This left me a clear run up the inside to gain a place. It caught me a little by surprise and almost went in too deep myself but kept it together and made it round.:laugh: Sorry about the lunge into the same chicane a lap or two earlier. I also missed my braking point that time and I realised that I wasn't going to make the corner without massively hindering you so I made a snap decision to let off the brakes and get clear your line as soon as possible. Hope I didn't hinder you too much m8.:cautious::unsure:

Race 2 was a flop. I had decided to use the Jaaaaaag with a setup from someone else but couldn't quite get my head around it so I finished well down the field. Fortunately with all the mistakes I was making, @Hans Sneep had a chance to catch up with me and we had quite a battle for a few laps until he made a booboo and dropped back.:thumbsup:

I was suprised to see how quick the Mini's were around this track. They were certainly faster than me in the Jaaaaag and probably gave some of the Mustangs and Falcons a run for their money.:)

Thoroughly enjoyable night again guys. Thank you all so much and well done. See you next time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.