AC Tatuus FA01 @ Zandvoort - Tue 12Sep17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oh man, don't make me talk about that. The amount of laps i have to give up because of people that join the track in the gap i built in the previous lap is unbelievable.
Can you please elaborate more on what you mean? Do you mean a gap you've built in front of you?

Had a torrid evening tonight, I think tiredness got the better of me, well done to the ever impressive Matteo, and I should be back on form next week.

Some weird **** happened today,on the second race my screen froze,and i just hit alt - f4 to remove my car from the track,seems it worked and i didnt hit anyone.:thumbsup:
To be honest,my pc needs some tidying up,but i am waiting for my new gpu before i format it.

As for the first race,i put wrong fuel :cry:

Can you please elaborate more on what you mean? Do you mean a gap you've built in front of you?
Yes, sometimes i need 5-6 seconds because the guy in front of me is 3-4 seconds slower. Doing 2 lap i gain 8 seconds, which means that a lap will be ruined by the overtake.

Great 2nd race swapping with David a few times and ultimately just sticking on his tail for a good half or so of the race until I made a mistake on last lap trying to push too hard, first race I kinda screwed up and spun out lap 1 :D

Very enjoyable racing, guys!
Kinda hard to pass on that track, but some close racing against a few other cars made both races good fun.
A "safe" Simresults link with just initials instead of full names: http://simresults.net/170912-67q
(...but: I only caught the end of practice cos of my CTD and then it only recorded the second race in the JSON file, argh.)

Yes, sometimes i need 5-6 seconds because the guy in front of me is 3-4 seconds slower. Doing 2 lap i gain 8 seconds, which means that a lap will be ruined by the overtake.
Ah, OK. Yeah, I understand. I'm not fast at all and I still don't like having someone close to me (in front or behind) during practice and especially during Q. So I often let people go (though I still need to work on doing it safely and predictably...), and obviously pretty much always if I'm on an outlap.

But on the other hand, it can be difficult to even get out of pits if you're waiting for a large enough gap, often with other people coming out behind you and not undestanding why you're waiting... :unsure:

Good races for me, Race 1 went from 11th on the grid to come home in 6th, race 2 started 6th, then due to a multi car accident ahead of me I went up to 4th on the 4th lap from 8th the lap prior, held that position until the final lap where due to mistakes and dying tyres I lost 4th to Joel and Neil after having a good few second lead from them, was fun trying to hold off 2 cars in the dying stages of the race, however. The medium tyre strategy seemingly paid off for me

Little message to all drivers who might feel "too slow to take part in our races":
Just give it another go :)
I got 3rd and 2nd in the races but I already raced 2 times on this track and practiced about 3 hours this week with the Tatuus. I really liked it, had the time and wanted to be competitive.

But there are other races where I won't practice at all and will be at the last third of the grid.

This series is meant for learn to race, learn to be really fast, learn about the setup. It's not about the positions. Although you can of course cheer if you get up in a relatively high position :)

The last weeks there were a lot of harsh words but we really do welcome everyone and that won't change! Sometimes a little heads up is needed to ensure the fun for everyone though :inlove:

See you on the track at the next one! :sneaky::cool:

PS: also Zandvoort is really heavy on the concentration. I'm completely wasted now :roflmao::laugh:

Last edited:
:)Martin.....
try and learn all the names of the drivers , it is usually pretty much repeatable from one week
to another. This is what i do. It gives you a chance especially in qualifying to assess how much quicker they are to you; the App i use is the assetto corsa one. This gives the three people behind you and infront.
If i see Bhz or one of the faster people behind me , "it tells you the time gap", i pull right over and hold a steady line, let him pass easily .Then use the gap behind him to knock out a few laps.
This is racing there is not a simple answer to evey situation, nobody expect anyone to
drive a perfect race.
For what its worth i had a poor showing in both races. It happens.
Have i sent you off to sleep yet.

Zandvoort is really heavy on the concentration. I'm completely wasted now :roflmao::laugh:
Oddly enough I didn't find zandvoort to be too heavy on the concentration front, only the tyre degradation caused me to concentrate a bit harder on the lap I could feel the tyres getting worse so I could adjust brake points and throttle application :p

Oh! by the way , i know i am suffering from severe naivety , but what is all the fuss about names
being displayed.
Well one thing is that we more or less state that the real names will be only seen by premium members. If it's online for everyone it's not really private anymore. Of course we can't guarantee what every premium member does.

Then there is the question why you won't want your real name on google. I don't even applied for my first job, still studying so I completely don't know where I'll end in 10 years and if there could be consequences for me. I don't think so, but why risk it?

And then there is one last thing: I have quite a rare name it seems and if you google my full name you won't find any random guy, you won't find my facebook page.
Instead the first page will be filled with simresults, raceroom profile, rsr times etc.
I emailed simresults and most of it got taken down. Really nice guy, I would actually like him to write some algorithm that cuts out the surname and all would be fine!
Raceroom name changed and rsr nickname too. Now you'll only find "google garbage" that leads to 404 or another page.

I try to not make a big fuzz about that. Actually I don't think it would matter but I simply don't like to have google a statistic about my hobby. Period.

I hope you understand better now :) Don't wanna sound rude, just giving arguments and facts! :)

PS: also Zandvoort is really heavy on the concentration. I'm completely wasted now :roflmao::laugh:

Likewise! I've been feeling pretty knackered all day (hazards of having 3 young children :coffee:) and my concentration was completely zapped by race 2.

Apologies again guys for my poor reentry following the spin (ironic after my earlier post!). My eyes were already on stalks and I think the inner "deer in headlights" just kicked in :rolleyes:

images.jpg

Otherwise I had some fun battles as always, and the track was great fun to learn with some properly challenging corners. Nice challenge also to try and nail a decent setup. Monza next week of course should be the opposite end of the downforce spectrum!
It's gonna have to be sleeping pills for the kiddies' supper next Monday night though :sleep::sleep::roflmao:

You may have one of these with you Euro Nuts next week:D
Damn Yankee.jpg

Didn't want to take a place on the grid since we're limited to 18 slots between the Dunes;)
I'm taking a hiatus from running the Sunday night US F3 event so I've got to get my Wing Fix somewhere.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back