Sweet Lamb loading error

Morning gents,

I tested and agree with Kevin's findings:

" :DI can confirm that if you take the FixUp.dll file out of the Plugins folder you can run higher resolutions in game.I removed folder went back to my original settings and Sweet Lamb stage ran.Put the folder back in while still keeping the higher settings and once again Sweet lamb would not run.

Back To 800x600 with the folder in place and Sweet Lamb runs again.

I can also confirm changing the settings for "fixaspectratio and fullscreenwindow" does not make a difference ,you still have to run at 800x600 resolution."

So, unfortunately Sweet Lamb only runs on 800x600, which is waaaaaaaaay to low a res to playing at. If no solution is found could we perhaps just replace this stage?

Best regards,

jc

Originally Posted by Jeremy Loveland
Have you tried setting the res in the config file instead of in FixUp.dll ?
I'm assuming that the resolution is changed in the Richard Burns Rally.ini file, I don't know that there is any way to change it in FixUp.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jeremy Loveland
Also would it be a good idea to set up another thread for this issue so it doesnt clog the upcoming event thread?

Yep, that was my plan once I saw that it was a problem to more than just Kevin. Waiting on a reply from John to see if it fixes his issue.
The main reason for discussing it here initially was because drivers in this event may need to know, and they need to urgently check if they are ok.

While i actually see constant stutter, mind you this is with practiced eyes from animation and movie industry education.
I never said anything about a golden rule, i just said, from my personal experience, i leave it off.
Hubert,

during game play only a fly should be able to see each single frame. As you should have noticed, as before I am just kidding a little bit.

But, I have good news:
We were able to track down the Sweet Lamb loading issue.
This track is based on Harwood Forrest (to get the start animation), but it seems that some texture definitions in the track-NN_x.ini file and the corresponding dds texture files in the RBZ file are missing.
The LBS track file still contains references to some water objects which cause the whole game to crash while loading the track.

Although there is a rather complex workaround I would rather wait for a fixed release. We already contacted ENO, the author.

Note:
This error is in no way related to the FixUp plugin. It is only by chance, or better say: totally weird, that the game at least sometimes or more or less often continues running when FixUp is not present.
It seems that the affected memory is more sensitive when this, or maybe another, plugin/mod is present.

We were able to track down the Sweet Lamb loading issue.
This track is based on Harwood Forrest (to get the start animation), but it seems that some texture definitions in the track-NN_x.ini file and the corresponding dds texture files in the RBZ file are missing.
The LBS track file still contains references to some water objects which cause the whole game to crash while loading the track.

Although there is a rather complex workaround I would rather wait for a fixed release. We already contacted ENO, the author.
This issue must have some other roots as well since not everyone has it while using same version of the track.
:rolleyes:

This issue must have some other roots as well since not everyone has it while using same version of the track.
:rolleyes:

No, not at all.

There is exactly one reason causing the loading issue, which I already explained en détail.
It is only by chance that some users (machines?) get away with it.

But there are several ways to solve this problem. ENO already released a preliminary fix to be evaluated. I guess the final, fixed version is not far away.

WorkerBee

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back