Stuttering?

Hi all!

I'm new to GSCE, I bougth it the other day, my question is if anyone has any idea of what to do about the stutter?
The game is smooth, but has a lot of micro stuttering while playing, even playing offline, or alone...

My PC is powerfull enough (I think) to run the game, in fact the game never goes lower of the 60 fps, it is locked there with the V-Sync.

Just in case, my machine is as follows:
i5 4690k@4.0Ghz
480 SSD
16Gb ram
GTX 970
The cooling, the power, everything is up to the task, so it is not a problem about the machine, it is something I'm missing about the game.

Thanks a lot for any help I could get!

You do realise Triple Buffer only works with OpenGL in the NVidia control panel.
So that's placebo you're experiencing.
AMD does work in both.
You'll need third party to enable on NVidia and then it's operating system limited.
Also it third party won't enable when used in conjuction with sweetfx/reshade.

It's never worked via using Nvidia Control panel. Nvidia used to state as much in the control panel.
It's common knowledge really.
As of note, triple buffer will introduce lag not remove it. If you require triple buffer it's because the framerate is dipping below your refresh rate. Lower your graphics to cure that.
You need to download a third party app such as D3DOverrider to use Triplebuffer. Won't work though if you use a d3d9.dll intercept such as maps or sweetfx.
Are you locking to 60 hz?
You'll always get lag locking to 60hz refresh rate. Look to invest into a new monitor if so. One that pushes 120 hz or even better a G-Sync Enabled monitor.

It's never worked via using Nvidia Control panel. Nvidia used to state as much in the control panel.
It's common knowledge really.
As of note, triple buffer will introduce lag not remove it. If you require triple buffer it's because the framerate is dipping below your refresh rate. Lower your graphics to cure that.
You need to download a third party app such as D3DOverrider to use Triplebuffer. Won't work though if you use a d3d9.dll intercept such as maps or sweetfx.
Are you locking to 60 hz?
You'll always get lag locking to 60hz refresh rate. Look to invest into a new monitor if so. One that pushes 120 hz or even better a G-Sync Enabled monitor.
That would be cool, but I cant spend that money now, not a chance...
I thought the triple buffer removed the lag...
Anyway, i cant use vsync now, my driving is a lot worse if vsync is enabled, the input lag is too noticeable...

I'm not too sure of the ins and outs, but I know GSC/rFactor doesn't use enough RAM. I confirmed for myself that the 4GB patcher works after I had to do a reinstall about 6 months ago. I tried to run the Formula Retro around Rouen Les Essarts and got massive stuttering as I passed the pits. I remembered the patcher (which I had used before but forgotten about), downloaded it, ran it and ... problem solved.

If you you haven't tried it yet I recommend you do.

Best of luck. ;)

I actually think that it help, I did a test a offline test session, in the superv8 in bathrust, 34 cars, 25 visible, and when I pass the pits I didn't get any stuttering, as sometimes I would get..So I actually think is not placebo, and the patch did really help, thanks @Zzyzx ;)
My pc is laptop, with a nvidia 840m and i74500u, I run the game at 900p.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back