PC1 Strange steering FFB effect in latest builds

I like very much the way FFB has been done in pCARS in the latest builds. I think it's getting closer to what it should be and it feels much more lively.

However, a strange side effect has been creeping up and I'd like to know if it something with my gear or others have noticed.

To start, I ahve a G25 with separate pedals (also G25).
Now the effect I feel is similar to what you get in rFactor or GTR2 when you have the FFB inverted. In otehr words, the steering feels very good up ntil a certain degree of rotation and then it feels like past a certain point (which change depending on turn, car, speed, etc.) the steering wheel seems like it "falling" toward the turn.

So I am steering and I feel the wheel nicely counteracting my force, but then after I get past that point, the resistance disappears and actually feels as if the FFB inverts and it pulls my hands toward the inside of the turn.

I hope I described it well enough.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Ok, so... I can do a multiplayer for example running with one tyre model and you with other? That's what i can't understand, how can TT times for example be fair if we can run the game with two possible tyre models?

Sorry to be so persistent but pc simracing is quite new to me, there are many things i still need to understand.
My own experience was that I am faster with the old tire model but I enjoy driving the new one much more. So if you drive the stock game odds are you'd be faster than with the NTM.

Which versions have you tried? According to some pCars members they "enjoyed" a varying quality in FFB and everything else from the early builds to the later ones.

326 or 328 or something??? I can't remember, I haven't Installed a 3xx version on my pc yet, this was on a friend's pc. It has improved though that's for sure, (but that's not saying much considering how awful it was). Lots of the weird physics characteristics still seem to be there despite the new tyre model. They said think of this tyre model a v0.1 build, so there should be much more improvements.

This is important when testing the new -seta tire model :)

All cars need an adjustment in the in game F1 menu, under Vehicle, FFB, multiplier.

The multiplier need to be set to about 1/2 the value of default (for old brush model)

to not get severe "clipping" in FFB.

Use the FFB telemetry screen to set optimal value.

Unfortunately You have to set FFB multiplier value every time You restart a race,

but the F1 menu stay at same parameter (unless You restart game) so not a big deal.

If You like a stronger FFB feel You can increase the FFB in settings without introducing "clipping".

Try my FFBTweakers, they are based on the latest info and I think the FFB really feels awesome. In particular, try Asano X4 and the BMW Z4.

Backup your files and copy these to [User's Documents]\CARS\FFB\

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx0wm83nzwccbna/FFB.rar

Also, have FFB setting to 100%, that's how I like it, maybe you need to lower it a bit for you.

pCARS2012-10-2521-59-38-36.jpg

Have you tried Andy Garton's FFBTweakers, mate? http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?7806-Custom-FFB-Tweaking-Files-Post-Yours-Here/page14

You still think yours feel better?

A question about the instalation, do we have to take the old ones to put the new ones right?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.