stracker

Apps stracker 3.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Neys,

Working on our new future dedicated server for january 1 2018, I'm planning to switch from 3.3.5 to Stracker 3.3.7 ....
As I haven't much time free ... and no time to control everything to find the differences in one or other file of the app .... is it possible to know in which file are all differences to be found between the previous and latest one ?

If it's only the Stracker.exe .... it shall be quickly done as only this one has to be changed ...
Check all lines of the .ini file should take much more time. :D

Thanks in advance for your answer
Best regards
Jempy.

Sorry for answering late, I somehow missed this message.

It seems there are not many changes in these, diff output is:

Binary files stracker-3.3.5/stracker/stracker-packager.exe and stracker-3.3.7/stracker/stracker-packager.exe differ
Binary files stracker-3.3.5/stracker/stracker.exe and stracker-3.3.7/stracker/stracker.exe differ
Binary files stracker-3.3.5/stracker/stracker_linux_x86.tgz and stracker-3.3.7/stracker/stracker_linux_x86.tgz differ

So exchanging the .exe to switch from 3.3.5 to 3.3.7 seems to be fine.

You might want to have a go with 3.4.0, which fixes some classification bugs. More diffs here though (refer to the change log, replace .exe is not enough). Also changes in the .ini files.

I'm planning to release this one as stable "soon"...

Greetings
Neys

Thanks for answering, Neys :thumbsup:.... no problem, I had time as we still have time before january 1.
For 3.4.0 I'll have a look at your website ... I suppose everything is already explained there.

EDIT: having read your changelog ... I prefer install first 3.3.7 ... as I still have a lot to do and 3.4.0 should need more work to be ready on time.
Anyway I might change my mind if things are quicklier done than foreseen.

Last edited:
Neys updated stracker with a new update entry:

stracker - 3.4.0

Change Log:
  • New config option STRACKER_CONFIG/ac_server_working_dir for setting the working directory of the AC server process. You only need to set it, if you are using an unusual directory structure; you will get warnings in your logs in this case
  • possible fix for incorrect race results: stracker now reads the json results and adapts the results accordingly (see also config option STRACKER_CONFIG/ac_server_working_dir)
  • Changes from AC forum user @maxator: option for using...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey NEYS.
I have a big issue with my stracker database.
Old datas aren't readable (old player information page...). Browser said :
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Do you know why ? It's a database size limit or vps performance issue ?

I don't know if switching from sqlite to postgresql can help me. An idea ? Thx in advance & merry Xmass

Did you have a look yet at the Stracker manual in Neys website ?
You find the link to it in the 1st post of this thread.

Did you have a look yet at the Stracker manual in Neys website ?
You find the link to it in the 1st post of this thread.

Yes, I did. but I couldn't manage to get it working.

I had some doubts reading it. One of them is, my config files are all in the same folder. Is this the correct way? I have to start one stracker instance for each server? When I did this, the second instance didn't run.

Thanks

PS: I don´t have advanced skills in servers, SQL and that stuff... Just a regular guy trying to set up a championship with friends...

Last edited:
How many servers do you want to start at a time ? .... all servers on a single database ? .... if you start a championship on your own PC, why do you need more than 1 server ?

All Stracker config files may be all in the same folder if they have slightly different names ... and of course different ports ( except the http display one if you just use 1 only database for all servers ).

With some more infos about the servers for which you wish to use Stracker, I might send you an example for 2 servers for example .... once you know how it works for 2 servers, you'll also know how to do for even 8 servers if you wish to ;).

PM me if necessary.

EDIT: and I forgot ... yes ... you need to start a Stracker instance for each server ... but for each server you must have a different stracker.ini file.

Last edited:
Yes, I did. but I couldn't manage to get it working.

I had some doubts reading it. One of them is, my config files are all in the same folder. Is this the correct way? I have to start one stracker instance for each server? When I did this, the second instance didn't run.

Thanks

PS: I don´t have advanced skills in servers, SQL and that stuff... Just a regular guy trying to set up a championship with friends...

I recommand setup like Neys with a subfolder per server. In my case, 6 instances in the same server, with 6 folders called cfg0 to cfg5.

Inside each cfgx folder :
- server_cfg.ini & cars_entry.ini
- stracker.ini

For stracker (and assetto corsa config too) you must customize assetto cfg folder and stracker port. For exemple, first instance port 50042, second 50043. If you need just one web server for all servers, you need enable http_server in only one stracker cfg. Finally, all servers need sharing same sqlite file or postgresql database.

Try to run just one server, and add others one by one.

Neys updated stracker with a new update entry:

Fix issues with driver details page

Change Log:
  • fix possible exception when rendering driver details page
  • remove total km driven because of long computation times
  • deprecate the BLACKLIST/blacklist_file config entry. It is recommended to leave that one empty and use the stracker authentication system instead. (Users reported that sometimes GUIDs are not removed correctly from the blacklist file)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, @Neys

I have moved over to PostgreSQL

but since I have done this, looking at the "drivers" page, a lot of them have no "last seen" dates??

upload_2018-1-21_10-50-19.png

No there isn't, sorry. You can invalidate lap times of specific combos in the Statistics Page when logged in as admin.

Hi Neys!
I'm currently trying to get stracker running for our Servers but setting the ptracker connection port to "+42" just won't work. Port is allowed, not used etc. the rest of the ports are working fine but +42 just isn't.
Is there something I should check or did overlooked?

Looking forward to a reply from you! :)

EDIT: after changing one of the server's stracker instances to 50042 and running a valid lap it works now with the +42 on all other servers for me.
So problem solved but I wonder why it didn't work for the full last week since I configured it. Do you have any more detailed info about that?

Last edited:
Hi Neys!
I'm currently trying to get stracker running for our Servers but setting the ptracker connection port to "+42" just won't work. Port is allowed, not used etc. the rest of the ports are working fine but +42 just isn't.
Is there something I should check or did overlooked?

Looking forward to a reply from you! :)

EDIT: after changing one of the server's stracker instances to 50042 and running a valid lap it works now with the +42 on all other servers for me.
So problem solved but I wonder why it didn't work for the full last week since I configured it. Do you have any more detailed info about that?

No, I'd expect that it always works and it was some kind of issue on your side. AFAIK rackservice is using the +42 trick for all their clients...

Greetings
Neys

Hi, it's me again...
I'm testing around on my own machine and have the following problem:
When I run multiple servers on the same database and therefore only one stracker instance with enabled http, I don't get the drop-down menu to select the servers in the livemap tab.
I can access them manually though via:
<ip>:<stracker_http_port>/livemap?server=%server_name%
So I have access to the different livemaps and they are shown correctly but could you please point me to the setting to get the drop-down menu for it? :)

How it should look:
upload_2018-3-21_1-39-22.png

How it looks for me:
upload_2018-3-21_1-39-44.png

Hello Rasmus,
Someone else had the same problem at the AC Forum ... this drop down menu was also not displayed.

The reason was very easy to find and the solution also.
There's a line in the stracker.ini you in which you need to give a name for your server:

; name for the server; sessions in the database will be tagged with that name; useful when more than one server is running in parallel on the same database
server_name = xxxxxxxx
( the xxxxxxx for the name of the server ).

Each stracker instance needs of course a different server name in its own stracker.ini file.

A drop down menu "Server" will appear in the Livemap display.

NB: avoid special characters in the server name, someone else had just a problem just by using a # in his server name :( .... mostly special characters used in a database for functions.

Hello Rasmus,
Someone else had the same problem at the AC Forum ... this drop down menu was also not displayed.

The reason was very easy to find and the solution also.
There's a line in the stracker.ini you in which you need to give a name for your server:

; name for the server; sessions in the database will be tagged with that name; useful when more than one server is running in parallel on the same database
server_name = xxxxxxxx
( the xxxxxxx for the name of the server ).

Each stracker instance needs of course a different server name in its own stracker.ini file.

A drop down menu "Server" will appear in the Livemap display.

NB: avoid special characters in the server name, someone else had just a problem just by using a # in his server name :( .... mostly special characters used in a database for functions.
Thanks for the reply! :)

I already set names, no special characters or anything. They were just called "server1" and "server".
I checked some multi server setup to see how the address line in the browser changes. With just clicking on the livemap it doesn't specify any server but the drop-down-menu is there.
When you select a server from there the address line changes. I adjusted the address line accordingly on my own stracker and could access the different livemaps. Only the drop-down-menu is missing.

So in short: names are set. Seems like the problem lies somewhere else :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back