Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Thanks for this, i have just setup a 12 race Formula Reiza Championship and it was a breeze to do. Just a couple of fine tuning questions though...

1. How can you change the names of the drivers? I have renamed them in the C:\GSC2012 "Talent" folder but nothing has changed when in the game.
2. Is it possible to alter the performance of each team or driver? Reiza have done most of the work but i wish to fine tune it based on the 2012 season so far.

Thx :)

Hi Bill, I don't think anything in the championship's file can change the names of drivers and/or their speeds, I think you're right about the talent folder but I don't know how to do it. Did you just change the names of the talent files or did you change information inside them (I'm not an expert and I'm not on my windows PC right now so I can't check what's necessary). Also, you would probably need to change some files in the Gamedata\Vehicles folder (that specify the name of the driver for a car, again not sure what to change) because in rFactor it is possible to have a driver without a talent file...

Anyway, like I said, I don't believe this has anything to do with the actual championship file so you're probably better off asking this in your own help thread in the GSC2012 forum rather than submerging your request in this thread :). Bear in mind though that I imagine this will cause online mismatches so be careful what you change :).

@Bill Devery - The driver names are set in the veh file for each team. You will have to make a copy of all the teams put it in a folder within the Reiza folder called "yourCustomTeams" then select that for the championship. Also name the catagory at the bottom of the veh file "YourCustomTeams"

If you change the default names it will probably cause mismatches if you ever race them online.

To fine tune the drivers abilities edit the talent files.

Code:
DefaultLivery="Woking3.DDS"
Extra0="Rside"
Extra1="Lside"

HDVehicle=F_Reiza.hdv
Graphics=F_Reiza.gen
Spinner=F_Reiza_Spinner.gen
//Upgrades="F_Reiza_Upgrades.ini"  // Vehicle upgrades information
GenString=                    // Used to generate GMT names in *.gen file
Cameras=F_Reiza_Cams.cam              // Defaults to cams.cfg in UserData directory
Sounds=F_Reiza.sfx
HeadPhysics=F_Reiza_Headphysics.ini        // Affects driver eyepoint only
Cockpit=F_Reiza_cockpitinfo.ini

BaseVehiclePrice=0
UnlockExperience=0

//////////////////////////TEAM HISTORY AND INFORMATION///////////////////////////////////////////

Number=3
Team="Woking Msport"
PitGroup="Group2"
Driver="Harry Noble"
Description="Form_Reiza: Harry Noble #3"
Engine="V8"
Manufacturer="Chevrolet"
Classes="Reiza2"

FullTeamName="Woking Msport"
TeamFounded=2010
TeamHeadquarters=""
TeamStarts=0
TeamPoles=0
TeamWins=0
TeamWorldChampionships=0

Category="Formula Reiza"    <-  Change to "YourCustomTeams"

@Bill Devery - The driver names are set in the veh file for each team. You will have to make a copy of all the teams put it in a folder within the Reiza folder called "yourCustomTeams" then select that for the championship. Also name the catagory at the bottom of the veh file "YourCustomTeams"

If you change the default names it will probably cause mismatches if you ever race them online.

To fine tune the drivers abilities edit the talent files.

Code:
DefaultLivery="Woking3.DDS"
Extra0="Rside"
Extra1="Lside"

HDVehicle=F_Reiza.hdv
Graphics=F_Reiza.gen
Spinner=F_Reiza_Spinner.gen
//Upgrades="F_Reiza_Upgrades.ini"  // Vehicle upgrades information
GenString=                    // Used to generate GMT names in *.gen file
Cameras=F_Reiza_Cams.cam              // Defaults to cams.cfg in UserData directory
Sounds=F_Reiza.sfx
HeadPhysics=F_Reiza_Headphysics.ini        // Affects driver eyepoint only
Cockpit=F_Reiza_cockpitinfo.ini

BaseVehiclePrice=0
UnlockExperience=0

//////////////////////////TEAM HISTORY AND INFORMATION///////////////////////////////////////////

Number=3
Team="Woking Msport"
PitGroup="Group2"
Driver="Harry Noble"
Description="Form_Reiza: Harry Noble #3"
Engine="V8"
Manufacturer="Chevrolet"
Classes="Reiza2"

FullTeamName="Woking Msport"
TeamFounded=2010
TeamHeadquarters=""
TeamStarts=0
TeamPoles=0
TeamWins=0
TeamWorldChampionships=0

Category="Formula Reiza"    <-  Change to "YourCustomTeams"

Thx Dave. It looks like i have to download some sort of software that will allow me to access "rcd" and "dds" files as i'm not allowed access atm :mad: When i do Dave, how do i increase and decrease individual drivers performanes...what do i change here?
:)

@Bill Devery - You can open the rcd files with notepad and also use notepad to open the veh files in the vehicle folder. The dds files are the textures for the vehicles, windows, driver helmets and so on. You shouldnt need to edit these for what your doing.

Ive copied and pasted a typical rcd file from the talent folder below. You can change any of the entires to make your own drivers act how you want them to.

RCD FILE

Alexei Yegorov
{

// Driver stats
Aggression=64
Reputation=99
Courtesy=66
Composure=62
Speed=73
Crash=20
Recovery=15
CompletedLaps=95
MinRacingSkill=52
}

@Bill Devery - You can open the rcd files with notepad and also use notepad to open the veh files in the vehicle folder. The dds files are the textures for the vehicles, windows, driver helmets and so on. You shouldnt need to edit these for what your doing.

Ive copied and pasted a typical rcd file from the talent folder below. You can change any of the entires to make your own drivers act how you want them to.

RCD FILE

Alexei Yegorov
{

// Driver stats
Aggression=64
Reputation=99
Courtesy=66
Composure=62
Speed=73
Crash=20
Recovery=15
CompletedLaps=95
MinRacingSkill=52
}

:confused: :cool: :thumbsup: :inlove:

Well FerrariMan and Dave Begley, a big thankyou from me. With your kind work and info, I have created a realistic 12 race championship for myself. I have a couple of final, fine tuning questions but before that, FYI and anybody else interested, i have set the drivers from the fastest teams with speeds in the 90's (Hamilton 99, Button 97 et cetera down to Schumacher 88 and the others in between) and made Karthikeyan 1 and it has created about a 4 second gap in Qualy, give or take half a second from pole to last. It's still all somewhat random though...despite Hamilton being the fastest speed i am yet to see him on the front row or win and i'm yet to see Vettel qualify and race ahead of Webber even though he has more speed (by 3) after 3 races. It's great!!! These cars are FANTASTIC, a big TY to Reiza as well.

The questions relating to the Custom Championship Creator...

1. I can't seem to alter the Qualy time...it's only 10 minutes which is a bit short for 24 screaming f1 cars, is it possible to alter this?
2. I can't change it from rolling start (behind pace car) to a standing start...is it possible to change this?
3. A slightly off topic question...what does the "time scale" function do (i thought it might be related to my above questions) as it seems to make not one slight difference to anything for me? I've tried it "Normal", "Off", "60x" and more, for no noticeable diff?
:)

First question I can't answer, but the second and third I think I can.

2: In game, go to Options > Rules and there is an option for "Start Type" or something like that. Change it to "Standing Start" or "Formation/Standing" (where you will do a warm-up lap before stopping on the grid). That should work AFAIK...

3: Time scaling changes the rate at which the clock ticks - so normal means normal speed, i.e. if you raced for 24 hours you would go for a whole day-night cycle, off means the time is fixed (will always be 3pm, for example, if that was your start time) and 60x means time moves 60 times faster, e.g. a minute passes every second, an hour every minute, a full day-night every 24 mins... That's how it works in rFactor, not sure if GSC supports night racing though. It should though because it is essentially a massive rFactor mod :)

Bill,
1) you can change the qualifying duration by editing the track .gdb file. You would need to change each one. (I think it can also be done in the rfm or aos file but I could not seem to get this working when I tried just now).
To edit the gdb file, just add the following line: QualifyDuration = 60
After
GarageDepth
RacePitKPH
NormalPitKPH
QualifyDuration = 60 (or whatever time you want)

2) there is an option in the menu as Ferrariman says, but if it doesn't work, you can edit it directly - Again in the gdb file, change the line FormationAndStart=2
to
FormationAndStart=0

3)never used it so I don't know.

If you are changing these settings, I highly rcommend using Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler. It's a great little program, when you've created copies of all the gdb files, and made the changes you want, you can use the JSGME to insert the modded files, and remove them whenever you want, so the game is always easy to return to it's original state.

@ ferrariman, your point 2 - i wish it was that easy. I tried that first ofc but didn't work. I have achieved my 20 minute Qualy by doing it Keith's way, changing each track file :)

Thx for the time scaling info.

@ Keith, your point 1 above worked great, thx, however point 2 didn't only because the tracks i'm racing on (not Reiza) don't have the "FormationAnd Start" line anywhere in the gdb file. I tried adding it in a few places where i thought it would go (based on the Reiza track gbd files) but to no avail. Looks like rolling starts then.

Thx for your help guys, much appreciated ;)

[quote="Bill Devery, post: 1250424, member: 67980 however point 2 didn't only because the tracks i'm racing on (not Reiza) don't have the "FormationAnd Start" line anywhere in the gdb file. I tried adding it in a few places where i thought it would go (based on the Reiza track gbd files) but to no avail. Looks like rolling starts then.

Thx for your help guys, much appreciated ;)[/quote]

Strange, I have definitely used this and it has worked for me - make sure there are no spaces in FormationAndStart. If that is not the reason I will have to re-check how and where I put this line to make it work in the past. (BTW Doesn't matter if the line is not there, it can be added).

When i copy and paste FormationAndStart=0 , when i load into the race it automatically skips the formation lap but the game freezes....no sound, movement or anything, just me sitting in my cockpit on the grid. See below where i added the line...

(When i get my laptop home i will plug in my wheel and see if that fixes it but i can't imagine that is the reason)?

Melbourne
{
Filter Properties = StockV8 *
Attrition = 10
TrackName = 2011 Melbourne
GrandPrixName = Melbourne GP
EventName = Melbourne
VenueName = Melbourne
Location = Melbourne, Australia
Length = 5.302 Km
TerrainDataFile=Melbourne.tdf
FormationAndStart=0
NumStartingLights=6
GarageDepth = 2.9
NormalPitKPH = 200
Practice1Day = Friday
Practice1Start = 14:00
Practice1Duration = 60
Practice2Day = Saturday
Practice2Start = 11:00
Practice2Duration = 60
Practice3Day = Saturday
Practice3Start = 14:00
Practice3Duration = 20
Practice4Day = Saturday
Practice4Start = 14:25
Practice4Duration = 15
QualifyDay = Saturday
QualifyStart = 14:45
QualifyDuration = 25
QualifyLaps = 255
RaceDay = Sunday
RaceStart = 14:00
RaceLaps = 58
RaceTime = 120

SkyBlendSunAngles=(-5.5, 5.0, 11.5, 25.5)
ShadowMinSunAngle=15.0
Latitude = -23 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
NorthDirection = 145 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)
RaceDate = March 29 // default date for the race
SunriseAmbientRGB = (130,160,185)
SunriseDirectionalRGB = (255,200,145)
SunriseFogRGB = (204,174,240)
SunriseFogIn = 0.0
SunriseFogOut = 1950.0
SunriseFogDensity = 0.5
DayAmbientRGB = (110,110,120)
DayDirectionalRGB = (255,245,240)
DayFogRGB = (203,214,236)
DayFogIn = 1000.0
DayFogOut = 2500.0