SteelSeries SRW S1 Wheel G25/27 Quick Release system

Hi!
I am pleased to announce an idea i had sometime ago about the SteelSeries SRW S1 wheel.

http://steelseries.com/products/other/simraceway-s1-steering-wheel

As much as i love the wheel itself, the fact that it is like a Wii wheel kills all the enjoyment for me.
so i tried to attach it on my G27 without goal...

Thanks to Juan Zapata (JZfilms http://simulaje.blogspot.com.es/) this is now a reality!
We tried to think in a good, sturdy and cheap method to attach his already good QR system to the wheel itself and this is the final product.

552689_468842336477742_661150520_n.jpg

306578_468842386477737_1097298432_n.jpg

554057_468842416477734_1681146053_n.jpg

484027_468842286477747_1760110159_n.jpg

560965_468842356477740_677706831_n.jpg

The system is divided in 3 pieces:

-The adapter to attach the wheel to the wheel portion of the QR system --> 20€
-The complete QR system, 2 pieces, one to attach to the G25/27 base, and one to attach to the wheel rim --> 90€
-Aditional piece of the QR system to attach it to another extra rim you have --> 55€

shipping cost will be depending on the place to deliver.

the QR system is now in production and orders will take place soon!

Hope u like it guys!

Thanks!

thanks for the response mr Lopez ! last question , i swear ! :) how mutch was it for your shipping FBR_BDAVIS ?

I honestly don't recall the shipping price.. It was a bit higher than I would have liked, but, the package arrived VERY quickly with tracking, insurance, and confirmation.. I would suggest simply sending Juan Zapata an e-mail and giving him your info and then asking him for prices.. He is a very great person to talk to and will answer all of your questions..

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if you can attach this assembly to the G27 base and keep the G27's paddles? I'm looking to use my SRW on my G27, but I don't like the SRW's paddles (the click noise they make is too loud and cheap sounding for me to do a 60+ shift F1 lap), so I'd like to keep use G27's paddles for both my G27 wheel and my SRW and use the quick release to switch back and forth.

I agree with other posters - they need to put an English translation button on the website. Yes, bing translation can help - but alot of people speak english as either a primary or strong secondary language so I'm sure it would help sales.

Upvote 0
No, you cannot keep the G27 paddles.. You have to remove the entire G27 rim in order for the SRW-S1 to be attached.. If you're so inclined, you could take the SRW-S1 apart and replace the switches.. Other than that, it is what it is.. I've gotten used to it, and I have more or less tuned it out..

Upvote 0
I am intersted in this setup, have a g27 and looking to get an f1 rim. How does the SRW rim feel? seems like it is a little small from the videos? also is there a way to hook up the srw without the quick release method?

Upvote 0
I am intersted in this setup, have a g27 and looking to get an f1 rim. How does the SRW rim feel? seems like it is a little small from the videos? also is there a way to hook up the srw without the quick release method?

Currently, there is no other way to hard-mount the SRW-S1.. Rumor had SteelSeries working on a base mounting unit, but nothing official has been posted and that rumor is quite old.. As for the size of the SRW-S1 itself, it measures a little over 9 inches wide.. It's smaller in width than the DFGT rim, but honestly, I find it perfect.. I'd prefer to feel as though I'm driving an open-wheeled car than a tractor trailer..

Upvote 0

It is not my intention to hijack this thread, clearly meant to promote the Simulaje Quick Release system, but there are numerous DIY mounts out there without Quick Release.

Like FRB_BDavis said, the Simulaje system is currently the only solution if you don't want to DIY.
Maybe it would make sense if Lopez and Zapata designed and sold a srw-s1 mount without the quick release...

Upvote 0
Well. Lopez uses a modified T500 ferrari wheel now.

I have used the SRW wheel mounted on a G27 base for a while.
My only gripe is the flimsy shiftpaddles on the SRW wheel that keeps getting softer.
Does anyone have a DIY solution that makes the shiftpaddles more robust?

Upvote 0
Got an SRW on the way. Thinking about buying a G25 just so I can do this. Is it easy to install and put together? (Bearing in mind I'm pretty newb for DIY things) :p

What exactly would I need to buy? And which videos/which order do I watch them in?! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Iv just received my quick release system from Juan. I am having some problems though... i got it all built up on my G27, including both USB cables (one for G27 and one for SRW-S1). I went to test the SRW-S1 out and noticed that it was constantly pressing buttons on its own... so i tried the G27 wheel out and that worked fine. I have no idea what is going on... any help will be greatly appreciated.

Below is a video showing exactly the same problem i have (it is not me in the video).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Alex!, I'm Juan Zapata ... Excuse for my English.
Greetings to Butch and Lars ... how long .... hehehehe

Originally depending soft to work with our G27 can not work without being connected to the microcontroller board LED and 8 buttons. I mean the original pcb G27.

This PCB contains resistors for its 8 buttons, not to sound signal noise, if they are not pressed. This is the problem. When we have the pcb connected, the buttons are activated randomly. This problem usually happens when you use the logitech profiler. There is software that does not happen, for example Rfactor.

I'm working on fixing this.

By the time I built a pcb to control the 8 original buttons from our G27.
My main job is to make the G27 connector of my system with the solution to the problem.
I ask a little time.
Thank you very much, and sorry for my English.

Upvote 0
eyy guys! ...
I think this solved.
It's very simple.
You have to connect a 10k resistor ... for example ... in the white connector G27, between violet and black wire.
In this way the buttons are not pressed.
I've been testing for a while. It went perfect.
I tried in properties and the logitech G27 profiler. Working properly.
Anyone can test this also?
Thank you!

pr9a.jpg

Upvote 0
eyy guys! ...
I think this solved.
It's very simple.
You have to connect a 10k resistor ... for example ... in the white connector G27, between violet and black wire.
In this way the buttons are not pressed.
I've been testing for a while. It went perfect.
I tried in properties and the logitech G27 profiler. Working properly.
Anyone can test this also?
Thank you!

pr9a.jpg

Hey Juan, very nice idea, so that i could reconnect the 7 pin white connector back into the QR system would it still work if i took the Black and Violet wires out of the connector stripped them down, tinned them, and soldered them to the 10k Ohm resistor?

Upvote 0

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%