Steam update problem

After the resent steam update i got a strange problem, every time i minimized the game to chat with someone on stem , the game crashes and stops working , and the only way to restart the game again is by going to task manager and highlight the game there and click on end task... i never had this problem before !!
Any one is having the same problem? any idea how to fix it?

Cheers
Anthony

Actually you can still use XD but:

1. Either don't ALT + Tab back to desktop while in the game

or

2. Run your game in Windowed mode. (not the best though)

How do we contact the modder of XD to advise him of the problem??

...Looking closer at the windows error message info, it says the problem is with D3D9.dll (the XD addon file).

Removing this file (ie. removing XD) solves all the problems...

The problem is not XD per-se ... that windows message only says the DX hack dll is the one "hanging".

I've XD and I can alt-tab all I want with Race ON full install... in fact, with the changes introduced by the latest patch for Race On, together with the latest drivers from NVidia, imply sporadic (random) freezes, some of them (longer and) with graphical corruption. The only way I have in race to remove that graphical corruption is by minimizing/maximizing (alt-tab) and with it reset the DX.

btw for those with NVidea Cards, with "freezes" after the latest patch, I’m in the process of testing old Nvidia drivers (and non Nvidia, aka “hacked”) from before their "stabbing" to the non brainless gaming community. If I find some consistent stability in any of them, will obviously post my finds in the forum.

Added DirectX 11 and DirectX 10.1 support from the in-game overlay
I think this is the issue
disabling steam community In-Game fixed evething

The above is most likely the source of "your" problems. Well, to be more correct… at least it is a more likely source for those problems.

...with this I'm not saying that XD can't be changed to acomudate hipotetical conflicts with those above changes.

yep, after last steam update alt+tab does not work or more preciselly you can go to desktop but cant go back to game, however shift+tab for steam chat works

I have exactly the same problem here but 1st: after the update shift+tab for ingame chat on steam was not working but since few days i works, but when i go on my 2nd screen for TS or telemetry the game minimize and there's no way to put back the game in place. This is very frustating.

Never mind about this post, i just realized i did not see the answer of my problem in other post

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back