Steam is being a pain again

Lots of servers are back up now and no crashing. I think we should be fine to race. I'm sure Nico will restart the servers when work allows and we'll see whether everything is good again.

Good to know guys! :thumbsup:

I'll be at home around 1 hour before official practice starts. Then I'll fire it up immediatly and pray while loading. (Tim plz forgive me for praying for such a stupid thing to get working again :whistling:)

Very annoyingly however, my helmut has returned... Though I think I still have no bugs after the last steam update. I had copied those two files into every directory I could find during last season and had no success with bugs but the helmut was gone. Now the reverse seems to he happening.

The "no-bugs-files" should be dropped into ...steamapps/common/race07/gamedata/teams

and the "no-helmet-files" into ..steamapps/common/race07/gamedata/teams/F3000

Hope I'm not messing anything...

Server list crashing again, so the server thats causing this is probably back up. this person must really enjoy being a dick:mad:

and the "no-helmet-files" into ..steamapps/common/race07/gamedata/teams/F3000
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there was a minor mistake in Steeve's instructions, and also yours Reik. I think I found out that all 3 files are to be placed in steamapps/common/race07/gamedata/teams/ and not in the f3000 folder. This is what I did and it works like expected. (or am I mistaken)

Last edited:
my personal opinion is we should give it until a certain time today, if this isnt resolved then we should look to postpone the race until next week so that this problem will be resolved for everyone.

I guess this is an alternative. however, there are two challenges associated with this:
1: The Aussies have probably gone to bed already with their alarm set for tomorrow morning
2: We know of at least 2 drivers that have said they cannot make a race next Wednesday (that's why Monza was pushed 1 week later.

But at the end of the day the right decition is what the majority thinks is right.

Server list crashing again, so the server thats causing this is probably back up. this person must really enjoy being a dick:mad:
&@#%!

Thanks for letting us know. We'll check the logs for servers that joined around that time and see if we can spot the culprit.

Do you recall when exactly it started happening?
ref: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/race-07-mp-lobby-crash-issue.74053/

Guys, can we among ourselves estimate roughly when the culprit server was re-opened? (what is the last time we know the server list worked, when is the first time it crashed after working again) It will help SimBin identify the culprit.

See you guys next week :D

Guess it was a bit too early to thank us just yet.

We have found the culprit which we will block from entering the database tomorrow. Unfortunately the crew has gone home for the day.

In the meantime, unfortunately the lobby server will not be available.

Please accept out sincere apologies and again, thank you for your patience.

Just been chatting with Nico, it seems we have no choice but to postpone, without a server lobby we cannot race:(

I'll let Nico make the official announcement in a dedicated thread

Jim

Cant we just use something like Kennets work around, I was planning on launching gtr alt+tab, disable network, back on gtr then search for presto .Then enable network will check if this works.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there was a minor mistake in Steeve's instructions, and also yours Reik. I think I found out that all 3 files are to be placed in steamapps/common/race07/gamedata/teams/ and not in the f3000 folder. This is what I did and it works like expected. (or am I mistaken)
I put mine in f3000 folder at its what is said in the readme file, and it works..

I think the whole lobby is down Sean, in other words there is no way, "except" the Hamchi LAN thing that already is concluded not an option.

I put mine in f3000 folder at its what is said in the readme file, and it works..
I just rechecked mine and all three files are in the teams folder and not f3000, and it works for me as well. But evidently no reason not to follow the readme file :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back