STCC - The Game 2 for SimBin's RACE Series

Anyone else got this bug:
k323xs.jpg

No 'back'-button in the championship menu.. You cant return to main menu..

Yeah. I'm confused on this one as well.

So with RF2 coming out.... Soon we all hope and also the new GTR Game also announced for 2011.. Is this just a way to fund the new GTR Game as Sim Bin don't have enough money to make it at the moment. So this is just the stop gap to get some money from us...

I'm just REALLY confused on how this fits in?

It's not a new game and then there are anothe 8 or 10 or how ever many add ons that ALL cost 9.99 each....

So can someone explain what this is about as it just seems like a covered way to get some more money to fund a game they can't afford..

Weird.

I,m not excited at all about this another ''more of the same'' stuff from SimBin. And i don't need it. Nevertheless i,m going to buy it just for the sake of helping the developer to stay afloat. We have to remember those sims are NOT for the mass market and they never have/will make any substantial profit on it ( if any in some cases ). If we don't buy their games they may feel the need of switching to more profitable semi-arcade/arcade audience or go the iRacing way. Or go out of business. It happened before with the greatest rally sim, RBR. Thats not what i and many of us want, do we?

To me those games offer excellent value for the amount of pleasure and excitement i get from it. If we stop buying their stuff one day we may find ourselves with no new true sims or with only ''pay as you go'' games. I would hate to see that happening.

I,m not excited at all about this another ''more of the same'' stuff from SimBin. And i don't need it. Nevertheless i,m going to buy it just for the sake of helping the developer to stay afloat. We have to remember those sims are NOT for the mass market and they never have/will make any substantial profit on it ( if any in some cases ). If we don't buy their games they may feel the need of switching to more profitable semi-arcade/arcade audience or go the iRacing way. Or go out of business. It happened before with the greatest rally sim, RBR. Thats not what i and many of us want, do we?

To me those games offer excellent value for the amount of pleasure and excitement i get from it. If we stop buying their stuff one day we may find ourselves with no new true sims or with only ''pay as you go'' games. I would hate to see that happening.

Great post and the reason I bought the game as well. I have never really played the first STCC that much, but still bought this just to let them know that there are still people out there interested in PC SIM Racing.

More a comment in general: Why would you buy a game just to support a developer only? Imo you only buy a game if you like it because its good. If a game doesn't sell it means it wasn't good enough and the developer should be innovative in bringing good content and groundbreaking features to seduce their audience in purchasing a game.

That said the expansion is worth the few bucks. Can't stop driving the heritage Volvo's :D

Why would you buy a game just to support a developer only? Imo you only buy a game if you like it because its good. .........That said the expansion is worth the few bucks.

In my case, supporting the developer is one reason, but of course I have found the other Race On content to be ok. For the low price, I'll probably get some use out of it, so the price helped me decide.

Now, if only I could get GTL 2 or RBR 2, but that is wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

The reason why PC sims developers are struggling financially, well, is because the games are for PC. Not everyone has a gaming PC, or a setup with a wheel or a racing chair. The solution would be to go to the consoles, specially the PS3! Lets take Gran Turismo for example. Over 7 million sold on PS3 and as far as I love GT5 it isnt as realistic as the PC sims, but it sells more because it is on PS3! I would freak out if Simbin made the RACE series on PS3! I would buy every game, every add on, everything made by Simbin if they switched to consoles, specially the PS3 since it supports more wheels!

The reason why PC sims developers are struggling financially, well, is because the games are for PC. Not everyone has a gaming PC, or a setup with a wheel or a racing chair. The solution would be to go to the consoles, specially the PS3! Lets take Gran Turismo for example. Over 7 million sold on PS3 and as far as I love GT5 it isnt as realistic as the PC sims, but it sells more because it is on PS3! I would freak out if Simbin made the RACE series on PS3! I would buy every game, every add on, everything made by Simbin if they switched to consoles, specially the PS3 since it supports more wheels!

Read this: http://news.cnet.com/sony-ps3-is-hard-to-develop-for-on-purpose/

No. Just no.

For one thing, PC games sell fine. Granted, they don't make as much money as console games, but multi-format games are just as popular on PC as their console equivalents. The real reason PC sims don't sell as well is because... they're sims.

Look around you. The gaming industry is becoming more and more dominated by copy-cat games, games aimed at the 'casual gamer', and games that are easy to churn out as quickly as possible to capitalise on whatever fad is currently the most popular. The perceived demand is for pick-up-and-play games that can be finished in 20 hours or less, not for demanding simulators with learning curves which can take potentially days/weeks (if not months) to master. Simulators have never sold as well as 'regular' games, and they never will. But communities of fans such as RD will make sure they sell enough to make them worthwhile for the developers.

As for switching to PS3, you must be joking. GT5 is selling well, and I like the game. However, it is in not a true simulator and lacks almost everything you get in games such as Race 07 and rFactor. Nearly every 'complaint' posted about GT5 is something which has had to be compromised because it's on a console rather than a PC. There's a reason for the compromises... consoles can't cope. Even if they could, they just don't have the versatility of PCs. You use mods for Race 07, right? Wouldn't be any on PS3.

Sims are and should always be the domain of PC games.

GT5 sold a lot of copies because its Gran Turismo. Nothing more.

If you brought the Race series over to the PS3, everyone would ignore it and just play GT5 instead. The reason racing sims don't sell that well is because they're sims and most people aren't interested in that.

From what I have seen in my time racing is that the majority of people that race sims are not using high end gear. In fact I have raced against quite a number that use their keyboard or a game pad to race with and they were actually quite good at it. The reason that sims don't sell as well as other mainstream games is because you can't just pick up the sim and expect to be the best. You have to spend time and learn how to drive and get the most out of the vehicle you are racing in order to be the best. You also probably need a little bit of talent. Something that the average 9 to 15 year old might be lacking in.

I am not saying that the average gamer is 9 to 15, but the largest percentage of the gaming market is geared towards that age group. The driving games that you see for consoles notoriously follow the template of NFS titles in that you can't really hurt your car to the point that it affects your performance, and the physics are just not real. Sure they look pretty, and just about anyone with half an ounce of skill can win just about every time, they are still not of the same caliber of sim racing.

I for one will stick with what feels more real and takes some talent to drive. I will leave the consoles to everyone else.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%