F1 2011 Starting Fuel Level for Race setting left out of Final Build:

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Because you can change the fuel mixture setting from normal to higher or lower, you will get more/less power but use more/less fuel per time. And if you drive with manual gears, it matters when you shift or in other words how high you rev the engine. Higher revs means more fuel consumption.
So if you run with the faster fuel mixture setting and shift up late, you will run out of fuel before you can finish the race.

and we can hardly believe that for 2 years running, CM has discussed features, silently pulled them, and blamed the Community for mot interpreting a game Dev saying "Oh, and the fuel load you opt to carry." as "Oh, and the fuel load you opt to carry, if we decide to actually keep this feature in the final build."

CM did it right thing with the SC: didn't talk about it until confirmed.
CM did not do the right thing with this feature, though.

it won't prevent me from buying it, but they should have followed the SC guideline for everything, or simply have a 'Feature List' thread, where they could say 'Starting Race Fuel' - not implemented [once they scrapped it]

just makes for better PR, in my view.

As far as I can see, reading the thread on the CM forum and whats been written here mostly by you, one of the devs made a throw away comment, (not a formal announcment) which at that moment in time, was factually correct - perhaps misplaced and regrettable, but factually correct. Im sure we have all said things, or maybe given too much information about something and regretted it afterwards - im sure that poor dev does. This wasnt a formal press release, not on a feature list or carved in stone - it was a quote from a developer at that point in time, which has been magnified waaay out of proportion.

You mention the Community day announcement and CM 'Having not told us ahead of time'. How do you know that development and testing were not working around the clock, up until the last minute to make fuel load work? Do CM need to run things past the forum before they formally announce things?

I could expect this sort of reaction if we bought the game, installed it, and then found out the safety car had been 'silently pulled' - but to get all bent out of shape about a feature half of us didnt even know about, being pulled from a WIP game is crazy, and a little bit disrespectful towards the good work they are doing.
How do you define 'silently pulled' when it was announced at a formal open day event and we are discussing it a week before its released? I doubt they pulled it to spoil our fun and annoy us, more likely pulled to actually save us from yet more bugs after buying the product - THAT in my opinion would have been bad PR.

As far as I can see, reading the thread on the CM forum and whats been written here mostly by you, one of the devs made a throw away comment, (not a formal announcment) which at that moment in time, was factually correct - perhaps misplaced and regrettable, but factually correct. Im sure we have all said things, or maybe given too much information about something and regretted it afterwards - im sure that poor dev does. This wasnt a formal press release, not on a feature list or carved in stone - it was a quote from a developer at that point in time, which has been magnified waaay out of proportion.

You mention the Community day announcement and CM 'Having not told us ahead of time'. How do you know that development and testing were not working around the clock, up until the last minute to make fuel load work? Do CM need to run things past the forum before they formally announce things?

I could expect this sort of reaction if we bought the game, installed it, and then found out the safety car had been 'silently pulled' - but to get all bent out of shape about a feature half of us didnt even know about, being pulled from a WIP game is crazy, and a little bit disrespectful towards the good work they are doing.
How do you define 'silently pulled' when it was announced at a formal open day event and we are discussing it a week before its released? I doubt they pulled it to spoil our fun and annoy us, more likely pulled to actually save us from yet more bugs after buying the product - THAT in my opinion would have been bad PR.

Couldn't agree more. People really need to stop taking everything out of proportion like they've committed some sort of major offense. I don't see why people are getting so upset about it, it's not like it was one of the major features that people were looking forward to. Bottom line really is, get over it, it's not in, and OP you can keep reposting the quote it won't make any difference and it's ridiculous that you keep bringing it up. Move on.

'Throw away comment'??

a game Dev says

"I don't think we know what the best strategy is for Spa, 50% race. It kind of depends on the car you happen to be driving, how you drive that car, the conditions, driving aids and car setup. Oh, and the fuel load you opt to carry."

and it's the community's fault for believing him. ok. whatever.

'Throw away comment'??

a game Dev says

Blah Blah

and it's the community's fault for believing him. ok. whatever.

Don't answer a question with a question. You add no value with your posts. Stop endlessly quoting the dev guy in a 'But you pwomised!!' kinda way.

Tell you what mate, why don't you disappear for 15 years, get a job in software development, and then come back and have an adult discussion with us?

kid, you may want to give it up. you posted the same complaint over on the CM board, got your answer and carried on about it.. your doing the same here. At this point there is NOTHING you can do about it. Either get over it or just dont get the game.... if your that unhappy with how CM handled the flow of information, then dont support them.

But to carry on, and beat a dead horse over an issue that cant be changed (right now, maybe ever) is getting pointless. Granted there are lots im not thrilled about, but im just happy that (a) we have an F1 2011, and (b) there is improvement over last years version.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.