1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sprint Pack Skin Requests - closed and completed

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

OK gents - I'm working on the overall RD skinpack - progress is, well, progressing - but there's a lot to do and it will take some time.

But what I want to do sooner than the overall skinpack is to create a "sprint pack" - comprising personalised Minis / Abarths / Elites, something I have mentioned before.

These three cars will form the short track sprint pack, which we will use more regularly than the other cars, because the short track racing in these cars is so close and so much fun.

To this end, what I want to do is to create a pack, with 3 cars each, personalised to you.

Your limitations are: whatever design / colours / sponsors you choose must be carried across all 3 cars (Mini / Abarth / Elite).

If you want to use a particular car from one of the existing Abarth or Elite skinpacks, you can choose it on a first come, first served basis, but you can only choose 1 (either 1 Abarth or 1 Elite), and then all three of your cars will use that colour scheme / sponsor. You can choose a number as well if you really want to, again on a first come, first served basis.

I'll do the skin creation for you if you can't do it yourselves, you just need to drop your requests off here.

You don't need to have a sponsor, a colour scheme will do.

So - fire away. My paintbrush it twitching (not a euphemism) :D

Terms & conditions: this offer limited to the core group of GTL-ers. JCL's or chancers need not apply.

2. Heh Heh Heh.
    This'll be great. Gives everyone their own personal identity when racing. Good stuff.

I'm getting photoshop this weekend - I've already got a few ideas in mind.

Very much an Aussie thing going methinks. Hopefully it'll work!

Oh, whats a JCL or chancer?

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Since I'm probably the only regular Aussie in the sprint series, anything with an Aussie theme is fine by me, but in traditional colours of Green and Gold/Yellow.
    Oh! My car number is 888.

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

A chancer is a slightly shady opportunist, who sees an opening and tries to work an angle to their advantage, irrespective of whether it's morally acceptable.

A JCL is a Johnny Come Lately - pretty self explanatory that one.

I pretty much mean people we've never heard of / raced with or against coming in and asking for some hot skin action

5. If, somehow one of these cars becomes COTM, are we able to use the skins there too?

Hmm, seeing as weekday sprints aren't a regular thing for me, maybe I'll just stick to a default skin...

6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

These cars will be CotM's at some stage.

7. Ah most excellent.
    I shall make a skin for my Sunday morning shenanigans then.

Thanks Stu. Much appreciated.

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Just for everyone's guide, I will be using a crimson & white scheme, number 55. :good:

9. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I don't know if this helps, but I just love the Toledo skin that Jarrod did for me sometime ago. It is becoming my signature scheme for WTCC and STCC Events. It has a somewhat Aussie theme, so maybe it gives some inspiration.

Attached Files:

10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

That's a big help mate. :good:

I'll use the palette fo' sho' :D

I'll keep the "front to back stripe" sort of thing going on - but possibly simplify it a bit for the 60's cars.

11. Stuart old buddy, old pal, sook sook, hehe, I don't suppose you would be predisposed to painting an Abarth and Elite in the same sort of scheme and # as the Mini I sent would you? :wink2:

Sam

12. Would that be in the WHU stylie

I was thinking of Sky Blue and White # 66 (for obvious reasons, it's the year West Ham won the World Cup :wink2:)

13. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

If I said they were already done, and they were what prompted this initiative, would you send me apes ivories and peacocks, even unto half your kingdom?

Because they are, and they were. :good:

14. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

No, it's in the Essex style, like my old Evo mini :good:

But I like your thinking :wink2:

And you can do your own painting, Mr "Multiple skinning compo winner" :D

15. I fear this poor journeyman can offer you naught but gratitude and offer his service to discharge as you please, within the bounds of common decency and decorum obviously :rotfl:.

Sam

16. i would love to see ihe blue and white colors of my country's flag on my car:)

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

:good:

18. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

By the way - before anyone asks - no "team" colours, please.

Let's keep it individual and fun.

Release your inner Llewellyn-Bowen.

19. Hey Stuart, i'm going to join in on the sprints,

A personalized Martini or Marlboro sponsor would be nce, could you do that for me? This is awesome initiative!! That way everybody has personal skins!

Greets

20. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Stuart,good you do something with this colour -combination, whit out the text?
    race nr.60. Thanks

Coronel-01.jpg

Coronel-02.jpg

Coronel-03.jpg

Coronel07.jpg

Hans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.