Sprint Pack Skin Requests - closed and completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
OK gents - I'm working on the overall RD skinpack - progress is, well, progressing - but there's a lot to do and it will take some time.

But what I want to do sooner than the overall skinpack is to create a "sprint pack" - comprising personalised Minis / Abarths / Elites, something I have mentioned before.

These three cars will form the short track sprint pack, which we will use more regularly than the other cars, because the short track racing in these cars is so close and so much fun.

To this end, what I want to do is to create a pack, with 3 cars each, personalised to you.

Your limitations are: whatever design / colours / sponsors you choose must be carried across all 3 cars (Mini / Abarth / Elite).

If you want to use a particular car from one of the existing Abarth or Elite skinpacks, you can choose it on a first come, first served basis, but you can only choose 1 (either 1 Abarth or 1 Elite), and then all three of your cars will use that colour scheme / sponsor. You can choose a number as well if you really want to, again on a first come, first served basis.

I'll do the skin creation for you if you can't do it yourselves, you just need to drop your requests off here.

You don't need to have a sponsor, a colour scheme will do.

So - fire away. My paintbrush it twitching (not a euphemism) :D

Terms & conditions: this offer limited to the core group of GTL-ers. JCL's or chancers need not apply.

Hey Stuart, i'm going to join in on the sprints,

A personalized Martini or Marlboro sponsor would be nce, could you do that for me? This is awesome initiative!! That way everybody has personal skins!

Greets
OK Bert - I'm going to go with Martini for you.

Bear in mind the ones I do will be more appropriate to late 60's liveries rather than modern ones, so they won't be too flashy.

@ Stuart: if you have some time left it would be nice to have something very classic like this:

Green-yellow.jpgstripes.jpg

• Matt Crouch

Had a go at working on my own skin last night. Very tricky to find the information on how to actually pack the skins together into GTL files though. Scoured no grip and all I really know is that you need to put some dds files in using gwotsit and edit a car file. Guess some trial and error is in order...

Here are a few Work in Progress shots (including a completed Sam's) - These are just the Elite (which is the best and easiest to work on - very simple clean lines - perfect canvas to try stuff out on.

1. Sam
2. me
3. Warren
4. Kris
5. Amir
6. Hans

Attachments

• GTL-2009-05-07-22-58-13-94.jpg
    GTL-2009-05-07-22-58-13-94.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 236
  • GTL-2009-05-07-23-00-54-82.jpg
    GTL-2009-05-07-23-00-54-82.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 198
  • GTL-2009-05-07-23-04-15-95.jpg
    GTL-2009-05-07-23-04-15-95.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 206
  • GTL-2009-05-07-23-11-13-47.jpg
    GTL-2009-05-07-23-11-13-47.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 226
  • GTL-2009-05-07-23-37-03-47.jpg
    GTL-2009-05-07-23-37-03-47.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 197
  • GTL-2009-05-07-23-43-55-48.jpg
    GTL-2009-05-07-23-43-55-48.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 212
If people have requested skins - once they appear here, please let me know that it's OK, or if you want any changes made, as the designs on the Elites will be carried over onto the Minis & Abarths.

Also please specify the number you wish to use - it must NOT be the same as any of the default numbers in GTL for Minis/Abarths/Elites, or the same as any already chosen.

No deadline mate - it's done when it's done.

All - If the GTL skin completion process (car files / icons / biks) and all that is a bit too much, just concentrate on doing and sending the body & windows skins if you are doing them yourself / yourselves, and I'll be able to finish them off.

Also, while what Matt says is correct - the G-Editor bit - that can hugely inflate the skin size, so there are some shortcuts that can be used.

If anyone wants to try and do a full skin from soup to nuts, contact me and I'll go through the various pieces, and then that will become the tutorial, piece by piece.

Yep, no problem Kris. Aside from Betty, the rest is OK and approved?

I would be looking to do Betty's height about the width of the Yellow stripe on your car, so it's legible and clear, but not too dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back