Spotter Problem

I really hope it is compatible in a future update.

In the meantime, try older version, spotter 1.1, it works! More limited than 2.17 but still worth a try.

How about it Reiza? Is it likely that 2.17 will be compatible again eventually? I find it adds to the atmosphere, having the race engineer talking to me, really hope it works again soon. :)

Thanks Kjell, I can't understand it, I cannot get it working in either the standalone or the steam version. I'm using Windows 7, but when I go into the spotter config program, I cannot hear any preview sound unless I set the software to 'windows xp compatible', but I'm sure I never had to do that in the past. I have no idea what might have changed in my system. Anyway, I hear nothing at all in the game. I am running out of ideas.

Everytime i update this game with sync exe i delete the track map folder TrackMapPlugin.dll and rename GSC exe to rFactor exe
lay in d3d9.dll so rfdynhud works the spotter 2.17 i use my plr but i not save a spotter profile i let it be on default shen u start spotter config it may ask u to chance the plr profile let spotter do it

Here is some addons i use in rf1 and GSC TrippTeamAddon V 2.0 Read Me

TrippTeamAddon V 2.0 folder have

In the Vehicles folder

CAR_CUBE
CAR_CUBE_DX9
HEADLIGHT1 This one can be to bright
LONGHEADLIGHT1 This one can be too bright
MIRROR better
UNDERSHADOW this one looks good

In Location folder

Fire.DDS better fire then orginal
RACEGROOVE.DDS better darker
SPARK.DDS better sparks

In Options Folder added new sounds

chatmessagein
player joined
player kicked
playerleft
welcome
you kicked from server
your connection has been terminated

In Folder PIT
pitSounds.mp3 a good pit sound not so extrem as many other pit sounds

In folder secondary
Some other sounds that i like instead of the orginal english

Just drag and drop file by file you wanna use and like also listen to the sounds before you install them ..

This is what is inside the TrippTeamAddon V 2.0

In Folder "More extra addons if you wanna test" i added other addons i like to use
this you can test install manually

and rfdynhud http://trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/ADDONS/S-Z/TrippTeamAddon V 2.0.7z

Thanks for the information, now just to add to the mystery the spotter is working fine on my Windows 10 laptop!
Now I am beginning to think something outside GSC is causing the problem - maybe a conflict with sound cards - I added a second one a while ago when I installed SimCommander. I will have to do some tests today to try and solve it.

I did try renaming to rFactor but it didn't help. I'll try again though, & also remove trackmapplugin.

And now it's working! I have no idea what I did to fix it. I am usually methodical about these things, but I got completely lost, I tried so many things.
In the end, after checking integrity of steam files (2 files were re-downloaded, don't know which ones), Spotter 2.17 is now working on steam and standalone versions, without any other changes.

But thanks Kjell, because somehow I think I got it running when I changed it to rFactor.exe & deleted thetrackmap folder as you suggested. Then when I later reinstated them but kept the new spotter config file, it all continued working. And the same config file got it working in Steam too.

Bottom line is, it will (somehow) work in standalone version AND steam version :)

And now it's working! I have no idea what I did to fix it. I am usually methodical about these things, but I got completely lost, I tried so many things.
In the end, after checking integrity of steam files (2 files were re-downloaded, don't know which ones), Spotter 2.17 is now working on steam and standalone versions, without any other changes.

But thanks Kjell, because somehow I think I got it running when I changed it to rFactor.exe & deleted thetrackmap folder as you suggested. Then when I later reinstated them but kept the new spotter config file, it all continued working. And the same config file got it working in Steam too.

Bottom line is, it will (somehow) work in standalone version AND steam version :)
So do you now hear the spotter in actual races and not just practise/qualifying Keith?

I tried the rename to rfactor.exe and found that when I started a race the whole game locked up and crashed.

@tpw

Have you seen this post?

Edit: Ooops... yes you have. :whistling:

I think I found out how to fix most of the stuttering and got the spotter to talk more during the race.

To fix most of the stutter, install the vcredist_x86.exe in link this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999
The stutter will now only happen initially in the session, but after a little while it will be smootth.

Also rename the "vr.exe" file in "\SpotterAddon\VR Component\" to something else, which is causing errors and long loading between sessions.

If you use windows x64 then you probably need the x64 version of the vcredist version noted above.
Edit: I am not sure about that... GSC and the plugin are x86 so that should mean no x64 dependency.

Last edited:
So do you now hear the spotter in actual races and not just practise/qualifying Keith?

I'll have to report back on that, hope to do the race later today - it was my reason for reinstalling the spotter this time round. I am sure I have heard him during races in the past & I'm trying to reduce my use of the hud, so I am hoping I might get the spotter to report on my tyre wear and damage in the race if possible.

I've tried both the GSC spotter http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/spotteraddon.93840/ and the original rFactor 2.17 spotter on a completely standard GSC 1.35 on Win 7, have never heard the spotter say anything during any race. As soon as I leave the race he says something though.

I'm using 2.17 - I use Nascar mode most of the time as I like the spotter chatter but without I still get "Your car is damaged", "brakes are cold", etc. during a race.

I don't rename my GSC executable to rFactor, this works with mostly vanilla SCE.

upload_2015-8-16_9-31-44.png

upload_2015-8-16_9-32-17.png

I'm using 2.17 - I use Nascar mode most of the time as I like the spotter chatter but without I still get "Your car is damaged", "brakes are cold", etc. during a race.

Unfortunately I cannot get much during the race. If I select Nascar mode enabled, then I get all the 'stay high, stay low' messages, but that is no good for F1. If I untick that box, then I get hardly anything during the race - just 'engine is lost' and maybe 'limiter off' when I leave the pits.
It is weird, because in qualifying it works fine.

BTW I have recorded some extra driver names if anyone is interested (1991 season, Mansell, Senna etc). My voice is lower than the spotter, but I tried to imitate it, then edited them with sound mixing software, and they've turned out pretty good. Now I get 'Ayrton Senna has grabbed the pole' etc, and it really adds to the qual session.

BUT back on topic, if anyone has any suggestions to get the spotter working fully in the race I'd be grateful if you could post them.

@William Wester can you confirm, are you getting other messages aside from Nascar messages & damage/tyres? - such as position when you cross the line, driver has entered the pits etc? And if so, could you show us any of your other settings?

Cheers :)

Unfortunately I cannot get much during the race. If I select Nascar mode enabled, then I get all the 'stay high, stay low' messages, but that is no good for F1. If I untick that box, then I get hardly anything during the race - just 'engine is lost' and maybe 'limiter off' when I leave the pits.
It is weird, because in qualifying it works fine.

BTW I have recorded some extra driver names if anyone is interested (1991 season, Mansell, Senna etc). My voice is lower than the spotter, but I tried to imitate it, then edited them with sound mixing software, and they've turned out pretty good. Now I get 'Ayrton Senna has grabbed the pole' etc, and it really adds to the qual session.

BUT back on topic, if anyone has any suggestions to get the spotter working fully in the race I'd be grateful if you could post them.

@William Wester can you confirm, are you getting other messages aside from Nascar messages & damage/tyres? - such as position when you cross the line, driver has entered the pits etc? And if so, could you show us any of your other settings?

Cheers :)
Without Nascar mode the Spotter isn't very talkative, I get damage messages and a little on brakes and tires. As is its still better than nothing but would be nice if there was further development.

Without Nascar mode the Spotter isn't very talkative, I get damage messages and a little on brakes and tires. As is its still better than nothing but would be nice if there was further development.
Yeah I pretty much ended up with a little bit of spotter chat in race when in Nascar mode.

This is one plugin that could really do with full integration into GSC, same as the trackmap and realfeel plugins. With a bit of Reiza love it would be an awesome addition.

I checked it in rFactor and it works fully in the race. I am certain it used to work in previous versions of GSC too.
I know Reiza have enough to do already, but I wonder if it would be possible to get it working again in the race sessions somehow?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back