rF2 Special Event: Howston Dissenter 1974@Silverstone 1975 - Sun 10DEC17

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I don't want to dissent but when you typed Howston did you make an accidental typo and actually meant
"Historic Open Wheel Challenge -> Spark F3 1973".

...cause those Howston's are a pile of. They don't deserve a H gate shifter as 4 on tree is what they probably had. Those things should only be raced in an L.A. drain in a bad movie, not at a Historic race track.

...cause those Howston's are a pile of. They don't deserve a H gate shifter as 4 on tree is what they probably had. Those things should only be raced in an L.A. drain in a bad movie, not at a Historic race track.

Ha ha, one of my favourite cars in rF2. I too am out late on Saturday evening, but for this, I will make a special effort not to get too drunk.... I'm meant to be doing some work whilst I'm there. :cautious:
OK, sign me up please, I'll have a bucket next to my rig. :sick:

I don't want to dissent but when you typed Howston did you make an accidental typo and actually meant

The real name on the car suggest some Movie involvement, Ford Maverick 1974 :D ( Thanks Denis )
Movie clip is the Sedan model :D:laugh:

Yeh Wiki says something about the gearbox used on models with automatic transmission... suggesting, perhaps, that there was indeed a manual transmission model(s)? I think @JeffL told me that he once owned a Maverick?

The tagging is a Jamie thing I think.
TBs work...JPs don't.
Shows what you know Ash..... :poop: . You got the bull by the balls actually :roflmao:. The first tag was a version Tony produced, trying to modify the second one because it is such a long version but for some reason it won’t work. The second FUNCTIONING one was actually my original. :D:D:D
So now you will all endure the super long version every time.:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Oh these young blokes who need ABS, traction control,EBD etc etc. Bit of throttle control experience won’t do you any harm :p

Yeh Wiki says something about the gearbox used on models with automatic transmission... suggesting, perhaps, that there was indeed a manual transmission model(s)? I think @JeffL told me that he once owned a Maverick?
They had both manual and auto, most came with straight 6 and 4 on the floor, no air/cond and an AM radio.

They had both manual and auto, most came with straight 6 and 4 on the floor, no air/cond and an AM radio.
Thanks Jeff, that's a relief. Most of the pics and vids I can find show auto gearboxes. I'm guessing that you had to wind the windows down by hand, whilst steering with the loud pedal?

Silverstone layouts over the years:
1280px-Evolution_of_Silverstone_Grand_Prix_Circuit_1949_to_present.png

1526212_orig.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back