Sparco seat slider’s handle not wide enough for 42-43 cm wide seat.

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
I got the sliders (as well as cockpit etc.) from Simlab. I’m trying to install Bimarco Cobra 3 seat which is about 43 cm wide in front and 42 at the back.
But it seems the seat sliders’ handle/bar is not wide enough. I can “unbend” to widen it , but then the front holes of the handle will be significantly narrower than the ones on the back. So I’m afraid the ones at the front won't hold the handle's pins in place.
What can I do now? Can I just buy wider seat slider handle?
I tried bending the ends of the handle to make the front and back wholes even , but it won’t move and I don’t want to break it.

The other thing is that sliders doesn’t move smoothly. But I think when a seat is mounted it will be much much easier.

Attachments

• BB2ABA44-D01F-448A-99A8-05C4E1150098.jpeg
    BB2ABA44-D01F-448A-99A8-05C4E1150098.jpeg
    829.8 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I had the same problem with Corbeau FX, just reused handle from my RSeat RS1. Not sure if you can buy handle separately, perhaps look for a different slider set.
Don't forget to update the thread when you find a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I had the same problem with Corbeau FX, just reused handle from my RSeat RS1. Not sure if you can buy handle separately, perhaps look for a different slider set.
Don't forget to update the thread when you find a good one.
Maybe I will find wider handle. If nothing works, then I won’t probably buy another sliders, but just mount the seat fixed to the rig. I have sliders for pedal baseplate too so it should give some adjustability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had the same issue and ended up ditching the slider - just mounted seat brackets onto the rig where it worked best for me... other people can put a pillow behind them.

You can also use a slider that uses a wire vs. bar (just substitute a longer piece of wire if necessary) Eg: https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Bucket-Seat-Slider-Tracks/dp/B076VNV8QR
I’m not sure how wire would work, but Ill check it out. I get that it’d be easier to replace with longer one.

Upvote 0
I had the exact same issues with mine a official omp universal slider
Opened it up was like wtf happening here no way it looked correct but it’s all I had and just fit
Just bend it wide once it’s in place the seat and slider work perfectly no need to worry

Upvote 0
There is a limit on how much you can bend it.
@avenger82 , this one looks pretty wide.

If anyone has sourced a good quality sliders please post here.
Thanks, looks wide enough , but you never know whether it will actually fit (even considering it can be bend or widened to some extent). Besides it cannot be shipped to my country.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had the exact same issues with mine a official omp universal slider
Opened it up was like wtf happening here no way it looked correct but it’s all I had and just fit
Just bend it wide once it’s in place the seat and slider work perfectly no need to worry
I retried fitting the stock handle. I can bend it wide enough easily, but it snaps out of the front holes when I pull up the handle. The front holes are a little bit too narrow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I’m not sure how wire would work, but Ill check it out. I get that it’d be easier to replace with longer one.

The wire is strung such that it connects to the opposite rail's locking mechanism. When you pull the lever the wire pulls the release on the opposite rail enabling you to slide the seat.

1601847689583.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a limit on how much you can bend it.
@avenger82 , this one looks pretty wide.

If anyone has sourced a good quality sliders please post here.
Today I asked Simlab if they know possible solution and got response that people used (preferably) rubber hammer to bend handle’s ends (the ones with two holes) so that they both can be attached straight to sliders’ pins.
As I said I tried that without hammer, but it wouldn’t move.
Don’t have rubber hammer, but maybe will wrap regular one with something IDK.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Today I asked Simlab if they know possible solution and got response that people used (preferably) rubber hammer to bend handle’s ends (the ones with two holes) so that they both can be attached straight to sliders’ pins.
As I said I tried that without hammer, but it wouldn’t move.
Don’t have rubber hammer, but maybe will wrap regular one with something IDK.
I watched some instruction video using vise to push it in place. It just wasn't wide enough for my seat, which is around 50cm, literally started turning into triangle when pulling apart.

Upvote 0
I watched some instruction video using vise to push it in place. It just wasn't wide enough for my seat, which is around 50cm, literally started turning into triangle when pulling apart.
Yeah mine was on it’s limits around 430 or something I wouldn’t go more but when I measured it out the box was like 360 :D

Upvote 0
My solution was to use a wrench with a hole(picture attached) so that you put handle’s ends (with 2 holes) into it and use wrench as a leverage to squeeze and bend. It’s better than using a hammer. Now the holes are aligned almost perfectly and didn’t have to replace sliders.
Note that still A LOT of force had to be used so it might not be solution best solution for everyone.

Attachments

• 0A123102-0FFA-4B38-B9F8-B6DCBA1CEBD0.jpeg
    0A123102-0FFA-4B38-B9F8-B6DCBA1CEBD0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This post is nearly 4 years old but I found it searching for the exact same problem after purchasing a Sparco Evo XL seat.

Although not the cheapest solution I have found one that works without much adjustment https://www.cobraseatsshop.co.uk/cobra-premium-seat-runners-405mm-handle-23206-p.asp. The handle as with others has a bit of stretch in it so fits my 42cm distance on the Evo XL seat.

Note this is a UK site (and I'm in the UK) but cobra runners may be a good option for those that need a wider solution.

Sharing in case anyone else does a google and hits this post

Upvote 0
Like others said, just bend it. Pull the seat rail holed section apart until the front holes are the appropriate width, then stick the holed sections into a vice and bend them until they're parallel again (bending them so the back holes are in line with the front holes and parallel).

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea