F1 2011 Some older threads (archive)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Just an idea guys, hope it might prove useful to some! *

We've all played racing games online where the first corner turns in to a demolition derby. Sometimes it's hard to find like-minded racers who like to play clean and fair. Your friends list might be a little empty or you might be playing at an odd time of the day when friends aren't online. If this has happened to you why not try this out:

1. Link removed

2. Wait for me to accept the request (will check the gamertag every so often)

3. When you want to play F1 2011 online check the friends list of 'Race Department' (which is viewable by all) to find fellow racers

The idea of this is to have a list of 100 people from Race Department who regularly play F1 2011 on Xbox 360 at your disposal 24/7. If you play with someone and have a good time then send them a friend request. If for whatever reason you decide not to play F1 2011 and/or Xbox 360 anymore please remove 'removed' as a friend making space for others.

Well done to Mark HRT # 1 for pole and fastest race lap and P2.
Sorry to see Euan have a disconnect during quali. Bad luck mate.
My race was interesting but I lacked pace in stint 1 in the wet.
I ran mix 1 and a dry setup (but for brake balance).
Maceij was on good form once it dried and after an incident in sector 2 he chased and caught/pased me and trying to stay in touch I had a big lose in turn 5-6 recquring reverse gear and a drive through the kitty litter.
This put me well back.(+15 sec).
Pawel K was well back and I didnt expect to see him. But after my stop for a second set of options ( I used 2 sets after it dried out) at lap 29 he was in close contact and we battled for about 14 laps. His tyres seemed to go off a little and I finally got ahead.
Pawel was running a bit more wing 9/11 vs my 8/9 and mix 3 and his attacks with DRS were not successful.
It was good fight. On the second last lap Pawel must have tired of my taking the inside into T1 and sort of forced his way through and we had quite a bit of contact throgh T1 -T2. He showed he is a true gentleman as well as a good racer when he slowed and allowed me back though.
I was still +3 laps fuel at race end.
Took a pretty scrappy 6th place inthe end.
Thanks all for the race.

Well, i've just finished drinking champagne! first podium (p3) in my racedepartment life in league race and couldn't have driven a much better race with so little practise.
really ecstatic.

I'll write a report tomorrow. Got to say, after what felt like a relatively poor quali in which i somehow qualified p7 but about 9 tenths down on gavin( i didn't get it going and didn't want to waste tyres) , then hav gavin close the gap from 12 seconds to under 1 second between laps 16 and 25..i really thought i had no hope. Seeing that gap close made me get the bit between my teeth and it wasn't until afterwards i realised i was on primes and gav on options. not sure how you managed to drive so well on options with surface water still on the track gav lol @Gavin Hendley, fortunately my strategy paid off, and finished about 20 seconds up the road with the 2nd fastest lap of the race.

well done to mark on fastest lap. well done to chris on the win. well done to gavin on another great result...oh, and i suppose i better give myself a pat on the back this time after 1 mistake cost me a good finish in the last race,lol;)

must be all this rfactor practise eh mark? @Mark Greenall

thanks for great racing.recorded the lot and will post in next few days hopefully.

Well, i've just finished drinking champagne! first podium (p3) in my racedepartment life in league race and couldn't have driven a much better race with so little practise.
really ecstatic.

I'll write a report tomorrow. Got to say, after what felt like a relatively poor quali in which i somehow qualified p7 but about 9 tenths down on gavin( i didn't get it going and didn't want to waste tyres) , then hav gavin close the gap from 12 seconds to under 1 second between laps 16 and 25..i really thought i had no hope. Seeing that gap close made me get the bit between my teeth and it wasn't until afterwards i realised i was on primes and gav on options. not sure how you managed to drive so well on options with surface water still on the track gav lol @Gavin Hendley, fortunately my strategy paid off, and finished about 20 seconds up the road with the 2nd fastest lap of the race.

well done to mark on fastest lap. well done to chris on the win. well done to gavin on another great result...oh, and i suppose i better give myself a pat on the back this time after 1 mistake cost me a good finish in the last race,lol;)

must be all this rfactor practise eh mark? @Mark Greenall

thanks for great racing.recorded the lot and will post in next few days hopefully.
Its definately keeping my tyres alive much longer mate. :thumbsup:

Loved the race last night even though i was on my own 80% of it.
Quali - Felt confident. Notified the team "Don't worry i got this" :cool:.
Went out prime for a one lap run to see where the ground lay.. Set a 1.27.5 then boxed to see the sector times, (i'm on to the sandbaggers) :confused:. I just knew Chris B had something in there for me, So after weighting up my options i went option for another 1 lap run hoping for the 1.26's (was getting 1.26.4 - 1.26.8 on average the last day. I had to make a correction in to the uphill left hander which cost me. No prob. 1.27.028 Pole secured -Happy.
Started the race in wet, Lost 2 places before T1 but managed to regain 2nd 2 or 3 corners later when he went in to the litter. I had a decision to make now - Do i take on chris in the wet (he loves it!) or settle for 2nd as i was well clear of third. Chris was anywhere from 2 tenths to 5 tenths quicker depending - I was able to keep up but felt abit ragged. Decision made think of the championship, don't lose 2nd, There may be chances as it dries!. Wen t mix 1 the whole wet stint apart from mix 2 now and then. Chris gained around 12 - 15 sec on me? I boxed early for the options was ok not brilliant as i was nervous because all the water was still about but was quicker than i was on inters - good call..
As soon as it dried slightly i knew i then had the advantage and the goal was to chase down chris. I was flying if i do say so myself the old "everylap was a quali lap" comes to mind. Think i finished 12 sec behind chris but was 21 sec at one point after the stops and rain. So made a good as fight as i could. If dry i may just have had my 1st league win (When the hell is that come eh?) Well done chris You drove it like a champion mate :thumbsup:
Well done Andrew F 1st podium i know your Buzzin ;)
Gutted my team mate had incident - i nearly T-boned him last couple laps - I'd have cried..
Well done all on another well executed race :thumbsup:
2 races = 2 fastest laps
2 x front row. I thank HRT for this great chassis :cool:

Malaysia race

Qualiifed P2 - 2 tenths and a bit down on pole.

Race

Mega happy to see a wet race for the start!

Managed to take P1 by the first corner and gradually pulled a gap to Mark. Many thanks to Maciej for setting fastest lap on a drying track as I was entering the back straight and debating when to come in for options.

1st stop at end of lap 16 and exited as p2 was arriving down the pit lane. First 2 or 3 laps out of the pits were Harry Flatters trying to get some easy time gain in the nervous conditions on a drying track with options. First part of second stint seen Mark and myself trading fastest lap after fastest lap between us in my attempts to maintain a reasonable gap to him, until I went to mix 1 to save some fuel and tyres in the process.

2nd stop, and with Mark eating into the gap it was down to about 15 seconds but managed to hold the gap stable to around 12/13 seconds with very badly worn tyres to the end for the P1. Mark had the edge in the dry conditions tbh, but I knew my only chance was to go for broke whilst it was still wet and thankfully it paid off:D

Great race all round for the team with Gavin bringing it home for P4. Great job and congrats to Andrew as well on your podium:thumbsup:

First congrats to my team mate Chris on his first win this season, and to Mark and Andrew on their podiums.

Qualy was not good with a 1.29 dead got me 5th place, far from my PB.

Race started with rain but with only 29% chance I decided to go with my dry set up.
Start on mix1 build up fuel for when it dries thats the plan. Got to T2 hit a lotus and spun with left me 10 sec behind 8 place. Well I was fuming with myself after that. Took till Lap 7 to see another car again. When the rain started to stop I needed to get the right call for my stop to make any gains on the guys in front. So the end of lap 16 stopped for options coming out of T1 & 2, I thought this is a mistake but then I soon found grip and went mix3 for 2 laps straight as I new the guys ahead still had to pit and needed to jump them. Found myself in 4th and catching Andrew. I got a close to sniff his exhaust put as my option went away so did he. Had another spin at the last turn which really end any chance of catching Andrew on lap 29 then pitted again for more options put me back in 5th behind Maciej. I kept a steady pace while waiting for Maciej to pit late around lap 36 then mix3 again to jump him in the pits,only to find myself running deep in turn 1 which really put under serious pressure for the remainder of the race my option were shot and Maciej was making moves on me all the time. Last lap T1 he got by me but missed the apex and could go for the under cut and take position back to take 4th by a few tenths. Good to have you back Maciej.

Can't complain, really annoyed with myself over my spins. We missed a lot of fast drivers this race and it was a opportunity to gain some most needed points. I think as a team we did just that.

First congrats to my team Found myself in 4th and catching Andrew. I got a close to sniff his exhaust put as my option went away so did he. .

You did a great race mate. I was really going for it on primes, so you must have been on options too. it was bold move and nearly paid off for you.

i was pleased that i managed to find and extra gear just by pure determination. the adreneline started kicking in - couldn't sleep most of the night tho lol

should be interesting next race. china is not a favourite of mine by any stretch so it's maybe damage limitiation for me. then turkey and catalunya i love before monaco (which i 'm terrible at).

ur right about the championship tho. withsome leaders missing, points are there to grab - so an element of luck will come into play. also, as i predicted, most of the new polish drivers are awesome in quali but disappear int he race? is it tyre wear or just too much tt?Welcome back to klamca, great drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%