F1 2011 Some older threads (archive)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Just an idea guys, hope it might prove useful to some! *

We've all played racing games online where the first corner turns in to a demolition derby. Sometimes it's hard to find like-minded racers who like to play clean and fair. Your friends list might be a little empty or you might be playing at an odd time of the day when friends aren't online. If this has happened to you why not try this out:

1. Link removed

2. Wait for me to accept the request (will check the gamertag every so often)

3. When you want to play F1 2011 online check the friends list of 'Race Department' (which is viewable by all) to find fellow racers

The idea of this is to have a list of 100 people from Race Department who regularly play F1 2011 on Xbox 360 at your disposal 24/7. If you play with someone and have a good time then send them a friend request. If for whatever reason you decide not to play F1 2011 and/or Xbox 360 anymore please remove 'removed' as a friend making space for others.

Sorry for the late sign up guys, I have been really busy and my internet was down friday.
@Marcin Siewierski I don't think its easy to call who has the best chance of winning at the moment, as some of you know the Force India is a handful! And this car does not suit this track at all. Look at my PLR video and the car was just terrible!
Will just have to try my best

UGH! Lost my front wing to Webber twice as he cut me off into the last spill of turns. Also had a puncture at lap 39. Was lucky to be able to finish 8th as I was challenged by CC Victim a lot as I had once more lost my wing to Webber (3rd time). Somehow I felt the AI was driving very aggressively. Seeing my pace and the gaps I think I could've finished 5th or 6th. That doesn't score my any more points though.

Also, I was riding in a very interesting rig. Very keen to share it to you, I'ts very easy to make and very cheap.

UGH! Lost my front wing to Webber twice as he cut me off into the last spill of turns. Also had a puncture at lap 39. Was lucky to be able to finish 8th as I was challenged by CC Victim a lot as I had once more lost my wing to Webber (3rd time). Somehow I felt the AI was driving very aggressively. Seeing my pace and the gaps I think I could've finished 5th or 6th. That doesn't score my any more points though.

Also, I was riding in a very interesting rig. Very keen to share it to you, I'ts very easy to make and very cheap.
Please do share :)

I'm putting complaints in about Vettel and Webber, anyone else had problems then they should to. Just because they arent members of RD doesnt mean they can do what they want!

Qualy- kept flicking channels as I wanted to watch one of the final swims but with 4 mins to go eventually had to pop out and record a time. Wasn't bad but the car seemed really strange and very tail happy

Race- decent getaway but very clumsy during opening laps saw me going backwards more than forwards :D sort of settled eventually and got involved in few hairy actions on the DRS straight :) but didn't manage to first past Chris C. his car was lagging slightly and it was just disturbing me a bit so ended up kissing his bottom accidently but luckily there was no harm done. then had a run on Peter H. but since I was still in clumsy mode the move didn't work out, Chris H. got close to us and it ended up like navigating thru the last corners trying not to rear end Peter or push Chris out of the track, eventually they all buggered off into the future and Chris H. hang in distant front of me like an unwanted snot or like a fart during big family meeting. We both went to pits on the same lap and both came out sort of in the same order lol
anyway all this hanging about lasted for a while but eventually I managed to caught Chris up a bit and then Peter H. got involved and since he was on options and I just kept praying that Chris would keep Peter behind but that didn't last long and I even got involved there for a while without any success though. Buggered off to pits on lap 31 I think and whacked myself on max but came out behind two silly one stopping red bulls but somehow after Chris's pit stop I was in front...for a bit then he closed in on me and just went off into the future and decided to hang in there again like this snot or a fart ;) and my driving was just not good nuff to get the place back.
At least I managed to avoid being lapped by my teamy and brought her home frustrated, tired and all shaken up :D

Anyway, my race report.

As I've said in the paddock chat, I wasn't impressed with the etiquette tonight.

I went through more turns wheel to wheel in this race than Hamilton has since he started his career, and I don't even think I'm exaggerating. Whatever happened to waiting for a good spot to pass and making it stick?

I felt like just taking my line (as I was entitled) and letting all these stupid overtakes end like they should.

I lost so much time behind slower drivers tonight, waiting for a clean pass. I bet if I'd just done what I wanted through any turn I felt like I might not have lost so much time, bloody manners eh :rolleyes: get's you nowhere.

Two overtake attempts in turn 8, ridiculous.

I had lunges down the inside, lunges down the outside, overtaking attempts mid-corner.

The only positive I can take from the race is that I had a great last 15 laps. I was racing for 2nd/3rd, but lost so much time behind slow people, so it came down in the end to Me and Marcin for 5th.

Great race between the two of us. Fair and clean right to the finish line, no suicide overtakes, no contact at any point. He pitted 13 laps from the end, I pitted the lap after and he came out in front of me. We had 2 overtakes each in the DRS zone before I pulled away in the last 3 or 4 laps. Great racing Marcin, cheers, made a bad race a little bit more enjoyable :)

Great racing Marcin, cheers, made a bad race a little bit more enjoyable :)
Yup it defo was fun mister. Cheers for staying with a slower fart like me for such a long time ;)

TURQ.png
TURR.png

Quali:
Managed to grab pole on the primes, wasn't my best lap, on my last lap i was 6 tenths up going into the last part of the lap, but got too excited and cut the 2nd to last corner.

Race:
Ever since I came back to RD after a break because my wheel broke, I am just loosing positions at the start, I just can't get a good launch.
So I lost a place to Booth which would turn out to be a mega 19 lap battle!
But then Booth ran into some problems I think (Not quite sure what). And then I knew this was my win as long as I just keep it consistent.
Well the video should be up soon, it was such a great battle!
Had some moments under breaking aswell!

Well done everyone!

Qulai was ok.
I but a good initial lap in but new I could get a low 24 on the primes, poss a high 23!
My second hot lap I cut the 2nd to last corner like Dylan getting excited.
For my last lap which I timed perfectly to be after the flag had dropped making me 1 of the last on track was spoiled by turn 1..... DOH!
As people retired from the session the messages flashed up on screen right while I was attacking the apex. I got too high on the curb lost the back end then had to settle for 5th :(

Race:
I got a great start but as it bunched up at the start I got pushed wide which in turn pushed me into Chris H. He went off track and lost a good few positions so I lifted to allow him through this put us both last.
I managed to come through the field quite fast to find my self soon fighting with Timo and Peter for 3rd.
I passed both Peter and Timo and pulled out a 3 second gap to Peter.
Peter then started to catch me. We had a great little battle for 3rd but I was losing time fighting a faster car at that stage so didn't fight too heavy once he got the DRS.
He then pullled out a steady gap which I pegged to 3 seconds before I had and off on lap 14 at turn 4. The gap opened up now to 11 seconds. I switched my engine up to rich and began to attack the gap. I got it down to 7 seconds before i pitted on lap 18.
Exiting the pits I had a few cars to pass, first was Marcin but I think he was on much older tyres and I was able to close up through turn 9.

Next up was Chris H. I caught him fast but was really surprised to see him wheel to wheel with Peter. As Exiting turn 9/10 chicane I got the DRS on both, my closing speed was so fast I had no choice but to go through the middle of both drivers.
Chris began to come left, I didn't have my car fully alongside and he was clearly ahead so I lifted, we touched slightly which inturn pushed me into peter slightly but i don't think any harm was done.
I got Peter around the Turn 11 hairpin. On the next lap and for the 7 corners I had some great wheel to wheel with Chris. Some of the best racing I've ever had on line, proper racing in my view and really exiting.
I just got the edge on Chris through turn 7 which again with me on fresher tyres gave me the edge through turn 8 to pull out the gap to escape the DRS.

Again I was surprised to see Mathhew ahead of me by only 4 seconds. He did open the gap up slightly before my final stop as I had to run lean for a couple of laps so I could finish the race running rich.
Took my final stop to find Matthew again just 5 seconds up the road.
I was catching and got the gap down to a second on lap 40.
I started getting excited for 2nd place until my wheel started doing that vibration fault (I believe it only happens on F1) from then on I started losing a second a lap as I just didn't have the feel for the car anymore.
With all that said and done extremely happy with my 3rd podium of the season especially since I was last by the exit of turn 1.
I had some fantastic battles throughout the field especially with Peter and Chris, can't wait til Spain although it is a track I'm not fond of.

Well that was a very fun race qualified 2nd on Primes thought yeah no one else would be silly enough to try that until i saw Dylan on pole with them, had a lovely 19 lap battle never got a 1 second gap between us then i got a puncture 50 yards before turn 9 missed the corner and got a drive through which was the end of it, came out 2nd and coasted to the finish noticed Chris get the gap down to a second so turned up to mix 3 and pulled away again.

Thanks for the race last night guys, really enjoyed the whole thing from quali through to the flag.

Quali:- Couldn’t believe it with time counting down and I was in the top 5 after my second run… felt very out of place lol and to finish in 4th place on my primes was not what I expected but definitely very happy to be up the sharp end for a change :)

Race:- Got off to a decent start and although Chris C got past me he ran wide with Chris H and I had a nice ride through on the inside and was handily into 3rd on the tail of Matt and Dylan. Enjoyed running so high up and although initially able to keep pace with the front two I soon came under attack from behind and started to lose contact with them as I was defending my position. Had some excellent racing with Timo, both Chris's and Marcin in the first stint of racing. Timo got past me briefly early on before I was able to take the place back when getting a better run through turn 7 and into turn 8. Great racing alongside each other there and excellent driving Timo. I love using my Microsoft wheel but it is a pain in the backside not having the facility to make those sideways glances due to the lack of buttons and it does make judging those moves more difficult. Any other Microsoft wheel users have a solution for that? Chris C (another prime starter) was next on my tail and he got through under DRS after a while and I really enjoyed the next laps in chase of him, I seemed to be faster at this stage of the race but he defended well and although I managed to get past once under DRS I left the door open for him to dive back underneath (nice move Chris) but thankfully made it stick a lap or two later and then managed to get a bit of a gap before it was time to make my first stop. I really felt comfortable on the primes from the start here again and it was definitely the right choice for this race. One thing I wish this game would give us was more information on the gap to drivers other than those directly in front and behind, it would have been good to know those gaps after Chris C pitted but we are kind of blind to those gaps during the race.

I came out of the pit lane on my nice new options just as both Chris's came round turn one and I struggled on cold tyres for a while and Chris C really took advantage and was through in a flash while I was defending from Chris H who was also past me soon after. Chris C must have put in some great laps after his stop because I was comfortably ahead at one point before the stops but he was right there when I came out from my stop. Had a very enjoyable battle against Chris H for a number of laps where we swapped positions a couple of times and in the process Chris C managed to break away from us both with some excelelnt pace. Eventually I was able to get away from Chris H and reclaim 4th spot but with the gap to Chris C now looking too great to close unless he ran into trouble so I just made sure I managed the tyres and fuel for the rest of the stint and ensured I came out of my second stop on lap 32 with a comfortable gap to 5th. Fuel management was a bit odd here online… running on mix 2 from the start the fuel seemed to stay for ages on +3… can't remember when it finally dropped to +2 but it was much longer than I would normally expect. I only ran mix 1 for a few laps and was expecting to need more than that after my offline practices. Another thing that is clearly different online as opposed to offline.. here at least anyway.

My final stint really consisted of just needing to remain focused and consistent. The gap to Chris C in 3rd was around 22 seconds and to Marcin and then Chris H in 5th around 24 seconds and they stayed pretty much constant for the remainder of the race.

Delighted with a 4th place at one of my favourite tracks.. not 100% sure but think that was probably my best finish in a decent sized grid but it was thoroughly enjoyable regardless of where I finished. Great job once again from my team mate Matt and another very good weekend for Team WIlliams:)

Cheers all.

@Peter Hooper
I'm going to see if i can arrange to have the sideways looks assigned to other buttons tonight. Maybe the "X" button can be assigned for the right look and the "reset" button the left look.
this would mean getting rid of the car status HUD though.... but what's more important?

@Peter Hooper
I'm going to see if i can arrange to have the sideways looks assigned to other buttons tonight. Maybe the "X" button can be assigned for the right look and the "reset" button the left look.
this would mean getting rid of the car status HUD though.... but what's more important?
That would be a bit of a pain as well though.. fuel and tyre management would be a problem without that I would think. I'll look as well next time I am on as I do really miss that feature. If you manage to find anything let me know mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 215 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 34 13.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 36 14.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 65 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 82 33.6%