Some New Alfa Content Coming to Assetto Corsa?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale .jpg

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has posted a very interesting picture on Facebook, prompting speculation that new Alfa Romeo content could be heading to Assetto Corsa soon...

The mystery post from Massarutto highlights one of the more ambitious and rare historic cars of Alfa Romeo's rich heritage, the visually (and audibly) stunning Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

Posted as part of his personal Facebook account, Massarutto confirms the brilliant little 33 Stradale will be "coming soon to Assetto Corsa", prompting some speculation as to if the car will be released as a standalone vehicle or part of a wider Alfa Romeo DLC package further down the line.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo.jpg

Produced between 1967 and 1969, Alfa manufactured just 18 examples of this high performance mid engine sports car and represents Alfa's intention to build a racing car for the road. Based on the foundations laid down by the Autodelta Alfa Romeo Tipo 33, the car immediately achieved near legendary status amongst motorcar enthusiasts.

Despite having been built during the early days of performance road car manufacture in the late 1960's, the 33 Stradale was still capable of achieving an incredible 0-60 mph in under 5.5 seconds and retailed from new for $17,000 - now thought to be in excess of $10,000,000 for a clean example of the vehicle.

Technical Specifications

Engine:
90° V8 DOHC
Displacement: 1,995 cc (121.7 cu in)
Power :230 bhp (170 kW) at 8,800 rpm
Torque: 200 N·m (150 lb·ft) at 7,000 rpm
Top speed: 260 km/h (160 mph)
0–97 km/h (0-60 mph): 5.5 seconds

Massarutto nor the Assetto Corsa team themselves have confirmed any release dates or pricing structure for the new DLC as of yet, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment to find out more as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to more Alfa Romeo content in AC? Which cars would you like to see included if indeed a pack should be released? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 241736

Ah, another car for our "hot lap simulator". One touch and then back in the virtuell garage. Again, can't understand this kind of DLC or what ever it will be. Rivals/opponents is what this sim needs.

Please buy Forza 7 if you one of the car-collectors. 700 cars should be enough. MC 12 vs. ....? that's the question!

More paid DLC to split online servers? More boring cars that everyone and their mother will drive once or twice and then forget about? I like Alfa, but this is far from what the game needs right now. So long as they continue to focus solely on money, Kunos will struggle to escape the pit of obscurity and irrelevance that they've found themselves in, which is a bloody shame as the game has far more potential than any ISI-powered sim out there.

@DaVeX↯ I think this is referred to the console version of AC. For the PC version, I think the devs mentioned a couple of things, cannot remember where.

Yes console...but the point remains, too little too late, pc version lacks a lot of basic features (in my opinion of course), console even worse...so no matter how big the roster is going to be after every DLC, simply doesn't attract me anymore which is a shame, great car roster, good track list but nothing more...

Nice to see some older car/cars coming also to AC. :)

...Many of players keep wishing new features to game, but keep in mind that AC is already "old" game and implementing all requested things probably needs a lot work to get them work on AC, so maybe it's better to start to make completely new game with requested features than try to code almost 50% of the game from scratch again.... (This is only my opinion and Stefano knows how things really are...)

No problem at all, if I am here posting my thoughts is just because I have still hope for this sim so yes "bye" or "goodbye" are ok for me...I hope will not be a "farewell" on my side soon or later...
Your comments are totally legit. But why is there more people playing Assetto Corsa than other simracing titles? The number of users has actually been growing this year:
http://steamcharts.com/app/244210
And if you compare to other simracing games, it is doing pretty good:
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,234630,365960,431600#6m

I think AC has the basics done right. The software is stable, the game is moddable, it's not overly expensive, supports VR, triple screens, and most importantly the driving feels good. AI has been improved dramatically, multiplayer code is solid. There's many ways you an enjoy it (as a driver, a racer, a modder, or someone who just enjoys looking at cars). I think it's hard to find another simracing game that has all of these done right at the moment. Having said that, there are surely things that can be added or improved.

Your comments are totally legit. But why is there more people playing Assetto Corsa than other simracing titles? The number of users has actually been growing this year:
http://steamcharts.com/app/244210
And if you compare to other simracing games, it is doing pretty good:
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,234630,365960,431600#6m

I think AC has the basics done right. The software is stable, the game is moddable, it's not overly expensive, supports VR, triple screens, and most importantly the driving feels good. AI has been improved dramatically, multiplayer code is solid. There's many ways you an enjoy it (as a driver, a racer, a modder, or someone who just enjoys looking at cars). I think it's hard to find another simracing game that has all of these done right at the moment. Having said that, there are surely things that can be added or improved.
AC is the best marketed one by a significant margin compared to rF2 (dead game for many years and rightly so) and AMS (unfortunate marketing for an excellent game). PC1's players are mostly waiting for PC2 as well.

It is well known fact that you can never say goodbye to a good sim, you are always coming back to a good sim. And it is sad when some kids gets bored and starts blaming devs and things for that. All you have to do is not to play so much. Check out how many gaming hours your steam profile has counted per last two weeks, if it is more than 40, then you probably are taking too much of it. Don't live in games. And don't play if you are not inspired to do it, no features or tracks will help if you don't know what you want yourself. By the way there are many track mods, so I don't understand opinions that AC lacks tracks.

And that Alfa is so nice, very exciting to me, the more classics in AC - the better :) Also did you know guys that it is very light, if I'm not mistaken, IIRIC it weights only 700kg.

The game plays nice

But for content I would prefer to see more race based cars, they are more fun. Some of the classical stuff is great but no-one uses it and you feel it is in there to please the marketing department of Alfa or the self interest of some people who are involved at Kunos.

When you play online, you get rammed GT3 servers which are fun, but can often lead to awful races and grading point issues. Drift rooms. Practice rooms where guys just hotlap and Tatuus rooms with no track variation.

The issue is the people running the servers really, not the game, most server hosts are lazy

More world war 2 funny looking prototype "cars" straight outta mad max series that i will never bother driving.
Including the ferrari dlc which is full of those.

Next dlc will be about horses and maybe a cheetah since it can do 100 kmh it must be a car.
Oh ye add some tanks too

gg

Last edited:
More world war 2 funny looking prototype "cars" straight outta mad max series that i will never bother driving.
Including the ferrari dlc which is full of those.

Next dlc will be about horses and maybe a cheetah since it can do 100 kmh it must be a car.
Oh ye add some tanks too

gg

I was going to make a comment on that post, instead I decided to let a picture do the work...

facepalm-face-palm-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1223672935.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years